Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2017, 5:31 pm

If we take a look at christian nations there are always full of racism.

Trump, KKK, Putin, far right-wingers, conservatives etc are always christians or have christian values.

The way for exemple black people get treaded by christians in USA you will not see that in any muslim/hindu/buddhist nation.

The colonization, apartheid and the Atlantic slave trade was carried out by christians.

The christian elite (catholic church, ortodox chrurch, protestant church) all have their power-seat in white nations.

Why has there never been any asian/arab/black pope?

Where is the christian-left and the christian liberals?

Does the bible support racism? It sure does:

A bastar,d shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. (Deut 23:2)

You must completely destroy the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the LORD your God has commanded you. (Deut 20:17)

some of their daughters as wives for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy race has intermingled with the peoples of the lands; (Ezra 9:3)

If Jacob takes a wife from among the women of this land, from Hittite women like these, my life will not be worth living." (Genesis 27:46)

(1 Mos 20–27) says that Noah cursed his grandson Canaan as a punishment for Canaan's father Ham observed Noah when he lay drunk and naked in his tent and then Ham told it to his brothers Sem and Japheth. According to Genesis, Ham was father to Kush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. Kush was often assumed to be the african's ancestor.

And as we all know Jesus and his apostles where white (its how they are portrayed) and the bible was put together finally at a meeting with white christian pastors in Nicea.

For me there is no doubt that its Christianty that is causing all the racism we have in the world, it is a coincidence that racism are only mainstream among christians? I dont think so.

Christianity is a control system greated by roman empire (white supremacists) to control "heathens/non white people" and use them as economic slaves.

I really dont get why white people is getting all the **** for racism, how can a group of people because of their skin color be naturally racists? There is no scientific evidence that white people are naturally racists nor is there anything in the water or air that makes white people a bunch of racists. Nah, its a system that makes them racist. That system is called christianity. If christianity did not exist in USA and Buddhism/Hinduism/Islam was the norm then racism would not even exist.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2017, 5:43 pm

Jesus wasn't white.

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2017, 5:45 pm

Wow wow wow dude you need Jesus !

Kind Regards & Much Love, Nay :heart: .

Nay
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Sep 2017, 5:47 pm

You know, the best pastor i ever had was black, and i mean black. I'm not racist and I'm a Christian.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 6:18 pm

Nay wrote:
Jesus wasn't white.

Utterly besdies the point, but thanks for playing.

Nay wrote:

I'm not sure how your imaginary friend is going to help OP.

Nay wrote:
You know, the best pastor i ever had was black, and i mean black. I'm not racist and I'm a Christian.

Also beside the point, but again thanks for playing.

white_as_snow wrote:

Trump, KKK, Putin, far right-wingers, conservatives etc are always christians or have christian values.

The way for exemple black people get treaded by christians in USA you will not see that in any muslim/hindu/buddhist nation.

The colonization, apartheid and the Atlantic slave trade was carried out by christians.

The christian elite (catholic church, ortodox chrurch, protestant church) all have their power-seat in white nations.

A bastar,d shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD. (Deut 23:2)

You must completely destroy the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites, and Jebusites, just as the LORD your God has commanded you. (Deut 20:17)

some of their daughters as wives for themselves and for their sons, so that the holy race has intermingled with the peoples of the lands; (Ezra 9:3)

If Jacob takes a wife from among the women of this land, from Hittite women like these, my life will not be worth living." (Genesis 27:46)

(1 Mos 20–27) says that Noah cursed his grandson Canaan as a punishment for Canaan's father Ham observed Noah when he lay drunk and naked in his tent and then Ham told it to his brothers Sem and Japheth. According to Genesis, Ham was father to Kush, Mizraim, Put, and Canaan. Kush was often assumed to be the african's ancestor.

And as we all know Jesus and his apostles where white (its how they are portrayed) and the bible was put together finally at a meeting with white christian pastors in Nicea.

For me there is no doubt that its Christianty that is causing all the racism we have in the world, it is a coincidence that racism are only mainstream among christians? I dont think so.

Christianity is a control system greated by roman empire (white supremacists) to control "heathens/non white people" and use them as economic slaves.

I really dont get why white people is getting all the **** for racism, how can a group of people because of their skin color be naturally racists? There is no scientific evidence that white people are naturally racists nor is there anything in the water or air that makes white people a bunch of racists. Nah, its a system that makes them racist. That system is called christianity. If christianity did not exist in USA and Buddhism/Hinduism/Islam was the norm then racism would not even exist.

Anyways, responding to the only substantive post so far...

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse. Christianity's attitudes are influenced by the culture that birthed it and have evolved along side the attitudes and values of the cultures that embraced it. With that in mind I don't believe Christianity caused the various attitudes we might condemn within the Christian world, although certainly it has been used at times to enable/defend/promote those ideas to skeptics and critics. In general, the idea of racism is largely a modern idea, because in earlier times people identified with much smaller units (tribes or proto-nations or cities or confederacies or empires) and that doesn't lend itself to the 'blue men good, green men bad' mentality that plays into racism. Racism as we know it wouldn't have been embraced by the Romans because they cared more about 'were you a Roman?' and 'are you a free citizen?' than which colour that person identifies with. That said, they certainly had stereotypes based on ethnicity - pale northerner non-Romans and dark skinned non-Romans were both considered barbarians who were inferior to Romans.

In keeping with this, the Muslim world also deals with racism between different ethnic groups. While the faith does promote the idea that all followers are equal, it often fails to live up to this ideal (much as Christianity embraces similar ideals and regularly fails to live-up to them).

All said, I'd love to join you in embracing a simple explanation for racism so we can just blame the scapegoat and be done with it, but I can't follow you there because it's an incorrect and oversimplified explanation that ultimately doesn't benefit anyone except for those who want a scapegoat.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2017, 7:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nay wrote:
Jesus wasn't white.

Utterly besdies the point, but thanks for playing.

Nay wrote:

I'm not sure how your imaginary friend is going to help OP.

Nay wrote:

Also beside the point, but again thanks for playing.

white_as_snow wrote:

Anyways, responding to the only substantive post so far...

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse. Christianity's attitudes are influenced by the culture that birthed it and have evolved along side the attitudes and values of the cultures that embraced it. With that in mind I don't believe Christianity caused the various attitudes we might condemn within the Christian world, although certainly it has been used at times to enable/defend/promote those ideas to skeptics and critics. In general, the idea of racism is largely a modern idea, because in earlier times people identified with much smaller units (tribes or proto-nations or cities or confederacies or empires) and that doesn't lend itself to the 'blue men good, green men bad' mentality that plays into racism. Racism as we know it wouldn't have been embraced by the Romans because they cared more about 'were you a Roman?' and 'are you a free citizen?' than which colour that person identifies with. That said, they certainly had stereotypes based on ethnicity - pale northerner non-Romans and dark skinned non-Romans were both considered barbarians who were inferior to Romans.

In keeping with this, the Muslim world also deals with racism between different ethnic groups. While the faith does promote the idea that all followers are equal, it often fails to live up to this ideal (much as Christianity embraces similar ideals and regularly fails to live-up to them).

All said, I'd love to join you in embracing a simple explanation for racism so we can just blame the scapegoat and be done with it, but I can't follow you there because it's an incorrect and oversimplified explanation that ultimately doesn't benefit anyone except for those who want a scapegoat.

The problem with christianity is the bible. The bible teaches that racism and slavery is okay.

The racism in the muslim world...you mean the arab - turk world? Its not really about religion and its not even close to what are going on in christian nations.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2017, 7:39 pm

Nay wrote:
Jesus wasn't white.

Yes he was. He is always painted as white around the world.

white_as_snow
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Sep 2017, 7:40 pm

Nay wrote:

Black people was forced to convert to christianity, read a history book.

I never said all christians where racists, but fact is that almost all christians are racists.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:45 pm

white_as_snow wrote:

The problem with christianity is the bible. The bible teaches that racism and slavery is okay.

The racism in the muslim world...you mean the arab - turk world? Its not really about religion and its not even close to what are going on in christian nations.

It can, if that's what the person wishes to focus on. How many Christians (or Muslims, or members of any book religion) are familiar with the entirety of their scriptures, inside and out? When slavery was practised in the US both supporters and critics used the bible to support their positions. Both were correct, the bible isn't consistently in favour or opposed.

Most of the 'racism' supported by the bible is in the form of 'Israelites are god's people, everyone else is not', I'm not sure this has much influence white supremacist racism which usually is not philosemitic. I believe that the experiences of colonialism/imperialism from the 1500s onward plays a bigger role, white people were crushing anyone who tried to oppose them, it's hard to not imagine that 'being better' plays a role in why you appear unable to lose. That trend ran out of steam in the 1900s and white supremacists have been bitter and resentful ever since. But white supremacist views and ancient tribalist views aren't quite the same, otherwise the Israelites would have had been 'swarthy supremacists' instead of 'Israelite supremacists'.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:47 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Nay wrote:
Jesus wasn't white.

When white people (or people in white majority societies) paint him. This is kind of like insisting St. Nicholas was white because he's white and in a red suit in the Coke commercial when he was a swarthy Anatolian IRL.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:50 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Nay wrote:

Black people was forced to convert to christianity, read a history book.

Many people were forced to convert, Africans, Germanics, Slavs, Balts, etc. That doesn't mean that their descendents couldn't and didn't honestly embrace the faith. Considering 'forcing' Christianity on people wasn't done along racial lines, but instead along religious lines, it's hard to use this line of reasoning to support your argument.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:55 pm

Well I am not so sure Christianity alone is to blame, but I have thought about this before as well and I certainly think in a lot of ways it has played a role. I mean just looking at the part of american history the manifest destiny when 'good christian settlers' took land from the natives because god had entitled them to take all that the 'savages' had for themselves or at least that was some of the justification. They slaughtered natives to take the land and whatever children were left they'd sent to boarding schools to teach them to be like 'civilized' white people, the children were often times abused as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 7:58 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Nay wrote:
Jesus wasn't white.

It's a false depiction...he was a middle eastern jew, that is if he even really existed. But I imagine a white Jesus is easier for racist Christians to accept than a middle eastern jew. I think National Geographic did a thing on how he really would have looked verses the common depiction.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 8:08 pm

white_as_snow wrote:
Nay wrote:
Jesus wasn't white.

No, he wasn't white as that is currently understood, generally being of Anglo-saxon or other European origin.

"always painted as white around the world" -- that is false, so totally, absolutely, and unambiguously false, and has been for multiple centuries, that it is supremely farcical that you even said it.
Some randomly found illustrations of that;
https://www.africaresource.com/rasta/se ... ure-essay/
http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ ... /Jesus.htm
http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/christi ... s.aspx?p=9

And, white_as_snow, after that absurd assertion you have no further credibility.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2017, 9:07 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well I am not so sure Christianity alone is to blame, but I have thought about this before as well and I certainly think in a lot of ways it has played a role. I mean just looking at the part of american history the manifest destiny when 'good christian settlers' took land from the natives because god had entitled them to take all that the 'savages' had for themselves or at least that was some of the justification. They slaughtered natives to take the land and whatever children were left they'd sent to boarding schools to teach them to be like 'civilized' white people, the children were often times abused as well.

Bible Belters will say the US was built as a Christian nation as if the violence never happened or if the violence is mentioned, they'll just say "They (the natives) should get over it!" in a mocking tone. Shouldn't Christians realize what it's like being conquered, especially back in the days of the Danelaw? From what I read of it (mostly from the manga Vinland Saga but the mangaka did do a lot of research before he drew it), the Christians felt like the Vikings' conquests were a sign that Judgement Day was on its way. They hoped the Vikings would be sent to Hell but ironically a lot of the Vikings converted to Christianity.

Sweetleaf wrote:
It's a false depiction...he was a middle eastern jew, that is if he even really existed. But I imagine a white Jesus is easier for racist Christians to accept than a middle eastern jew. I think National Geographic did a thing on how he really would have looked verses the common depiction.

Bible Belters also forget that Christianity originated in the Middle East. Middle Eastern people are also genetically closest with Europeans but they hate each other the most.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 9:15 pm

Plenty of other faiths have had problems with racism. The Islamic world enslaved Africans. During the civil rights era Christianity was used to argue for civil rights.

From one non christitian to another, brother your making the rest of us look bad.