Are your tastes different from the majority of your area?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 12:52 pm

Marknis wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Hmmm...I'm not sure. My sibling is all about Call of Duty. I'm more into Disgaea, Tekken, Soul Calibur, LittleBigPlanet etc...

My sibling and I can be opposites with video games but he likes a some games I like but he calls me a noob, says that I'm not a real Pokemon fan because I enjoyed Pokemon X (I still play it) even though I was six years old when I got into Pokemon (I've played Blue, Crystal, Gold, Yellow, Silver, Diamond, Platinum, Pearl, Heart Gold, Sapphire, Emerald, X, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Alpha Sapphire, Stadium 1 and 2, Gale of Darkness, Colosseum, one of the old Mystery Dungeon games, Sun and Battle Revolution) and used to say "silence casual"

:roll:

Marknis...do you like Darkstalkers? It's my favorite fighting game. One of my Vaporeons in Pokemon Sun is named after Rikuo.

Wow, your sibling should be nicer to you. I've never played the original Guilty Gear and actually like Xrd Revelator the best. Does that make me a noob? No, I never knew about the series until later on because it was just never popular in the Bible Belt. I've never seen it in the wild, even at used game stores, and the prices for it on Amazon or eBay are ridiculously high. I don't want to break the bank on a game that's been surpassed by it's sequels which is something fans of the franchise tend to say. Before finally playing XX Accent Core (Unfortunately the Wii version), I had only seen a hentai pic of Dizzy that I stumbled upon during my early hormonal teen years; I realized it was her when I played the game! :wink:

I do indeed like Darkstalkers. I actually played it before I ever played Street Fighter; I would see an arcade cabinet of the original at the mall but I didn't bother to memorize the name of the game so I didn't know what it was for many years and it wasn't until I saw a picture of Jon Talbain that I finally figured out what the game was called. In a similar situation with Dizzy, I saw a lot of hentai pics of Felicia and Morrigan as well as Lilith before I finally played the game. I wish Capcom would stop just using the characters as guests for their Vs. games or cameos in their other series and make a whole new game already. Darkstalkers also helped me find out about Guilty Gear since it was said to be an influence on the franchise.

So Marknis and Zeromancerlove, what's your favorite disgaea out of all of them? Have a favorite character? My favorite character is either Flonne(Disgaea 1. Later on they over did the love stuff.) or Etna(she's just funny!)

My favorite Disgaea was the first one. I liked the story better in the first one.(Disgaea D2 wasn't bad though.) Disgaea 4 wasn't bad but they kept making them repeat their goals which kinda started to get on my nerves... I was like "I get it already! Stop saying it!"

My first Disgaea game was Disgaea 4 but I was more into D2 to be honest. Didn't get a chance to beat 4 or D2 because my Ps3 doesn't work anymore.

As far as a favorite character goes...well, my mom said I would be Flonne if I were a character so Flonne is my favorite character.

I would love to name my future service dog Etna though..

That sucks to hear. Will you get it fixed or will you get a new one?

I like Flonne a lot, too. Her voice is hilarious and her emotional outbursts make me die laughing!

Ironically, Maderas called Etna his "faithful little doggy". :p I am glad Etna got back at him. He was a jerk.

How much does getting a PS3 fixed cost? I feel like a total idiot asking because I don't know of anywhere that fix them.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

AquaineBay
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm

Marknis wrote:
AquaineBay wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Hmmm...I'm not sure. My sibling is all about Call of Duty. I'm more into Disgaea, Tekken, Soul Calibur, LittleBigPlanet etc...

My sibling and I can be opposites with video games but he likes a some games I like but he calls me a noob, says that I'm not a real Pokemon fan because I enjoyed Pokemon X (I still play it) even though I was six years old when I got into Pokemon (I've played Blue, Crystal, Gold, Yellow, Silver, Diamond, Platinum, Pearl, Heart Gold, Sapphire, Emerald, X, Leaf Green, Fire Red, Alpha Sapphire, Stadium 1 and 2, Gale of Darkness, Colosseum, one of the old Mystery Dungeon games, Sun and Battle Revolution) and used to say "silence casual"

:roll:

Marknis...do you like Darkstalkers? It's my favorite fighting game. One of my Vaporeons in Pokemon Sun is named after Rikuo.

Wow, your sibling should be nicer to you. I've never played the original Guilty Gear and actually like Xrd Revelator the best. Does that make me a noob? No, I never knew about the series until later on because it was just never popular in the Bible Belt. I've never seen it in the wild, even at used game stores, and the prices for it on Amazon or eBay are ridiculously high. I don't want to break the bank on a game that's been surpassed by it's sequels which is something fans of the franchise tend to say. Before finally playing XX Accent Core (Unfortunately the Wii version), I had only seen a hentai pic of Dizzy that I stumbled upon during my early hormonal teen years; I realized it was her when I played the game! :wink:

I do indeed like Darkstalkers. I actually played it before I ever played Street Fighter; I would see an arcade cabinet of the original at the mall but I didn't bother to memorize the name of the game so I didn't know what it was for many years and it wasn't until I saw a picture of Jon Talbain that I finally figured out what the game was called. In a similar situation with Dizzy, I saw a lot of hentai pics of Felicia and Morrigan as well as Lilith before I finally played the game. I wish Capcom would stop just using the characters as guests for their Vs. games or cameos in their other series and make a whole new game already. Darkstalkers also helped me find out about Guilty Gear since it was said to be an influence on the franchise.

So Marknis and Zeromancerlove, what's your favorite disgaea out of all of them? Have a favorite character? My favorite character is either Flonne(Disgaea 1. Later on they over did the love stuff.) or Etna(she's just funny!)

My favorite Disgaea was the first one. I liked the story better in the first one.(Disgaea D2 wasn't bad though.) Disgaea 4 wasn't bad but they kept making them repeat their goals which kinda started to get on my nerves... I was like "I get it already! Stop saying it!"

My first Disgaea game was Disgaea 4 but I was more into D2 to be honest. Didn't get a chance to beat 4 or D2 because my Ps3 doesn't work anymore.

As far as a favorite character goes...well, my mom said I would be Flonne if I were a character so Flonne is my favorite character.

I would love to name my future service dog Etna though..

That sucks to hear. Will you get it fixed or will you get a new one?

I like Flonne a lot, too. Her voice is hilarious and her emotional outbursts make me die laughing!

Ironically, Maderas called Etna his "faithful little doggy". :p I am glad Etna got back at him. He was a jerk.

How much does getting a PS3 fixed cost? I feel like a total idiot asking because I don't know of anywhere that fix them.

Depends on the store you go to get it repaired. Sending it to Sony cost somewhere around $150. I have read people got their PS3 fixed by other people for $80 to $150.

*edit* Since the PS3 is an fairly old console most other stores that use to fix them probably don't anymore.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
and Wisdom to know the difference."

Canary
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 8:10 pm

I never meet anyone who plays video games in my daily life. In my last workplace no one even liked reading books.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2017, 11:53 am

Canary wrote:
I never meet anyone who plays video games in my daily life. In my last workplace no one even liked reading books.

That's horrifying. My co-worker who plays GTA (Hardcore feminists would get a brain hemorrhage if they met her) told me she doesn't read at all. She's really short changing herself. You'd think a library worker would be a reader as well but no.

Our taste in video games don't synch up either. She only cares about Mortal Kombat and GTA from what she's told me so I can't really talk to her indepthly about the medium. I want games to atleast feel like a novel or comic book when I play them.