Does anybody else roleplay in non-rpg games? *First post*

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

foxxi
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Sep 2017, 1:32 am

For instance, when playing GTA I give npcs backstories and imagine my character has a history with them, sometimes I pretend they are having a conversation and robbing banks together or that I have a vendetta against them and must hunt them down.

Zaarin
Raven
Raven

25 Sep 2017, 7:16 pm

As a teenager I'd do that on the multiplayer maps of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. Never actually played online: I'd just explore the maps telling stories in my head. I also made a trio of roleplaying games using the scenario editor for the RTS Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds; given that the warm reception they received was a huge boost to my confidence in my early creative endeavors, I've thought about making another for years--but I never seem to get around to it.

I definitely try to get "in-character" regardless of the genre of game I'm playing (assuming it's character-based of course...).

--"Galadriel's Song of Eldamar"

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 6:28 am

Playing Final Fight solo, I usually allocate only one credit for each character to add tension. Also, whenever using Haggar I try not to deliberately destroy any background objects/item boxes(he is the mayor after all lol).