I am 54. I have never had a wife or girlfriend. I am sad.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

thousand1000
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Sep 2017, 5:26 am

I am sure I not the only one. Where are the women? I am not suicidal over it. I would not have the guts.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 6:11 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet.

Do you have a particular "Special Interest?"

I'm glad you're not suicidal. Suicide is a waste of time, anyway.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 9:07 am

Hey there :)
Oh dear :( Wish I knew what would change that for the better for you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm

I feel for you. Although I'm 27 and in a relationship, I still understand how you feel. :cry:
And it's understandable that someone of your age is feeling down about this, as I get so annoyed with people who are only 18 and are upset about never having a relationship. :roll:

I'm not sure if you're up for dating sites or not, as I tried them before and didn't get on with it. I actually met my boyfriend on the bus, when I least expected it. I didn't go roaming around nightclubs in a mini-skirt to meet him. It was just a random Monday. And he's a bit older than me and, although he's had relationships before, he thought he'd never meet another girl again, and his self-esteem was low. So we are both meant for each other.

So don't worry, there's still time for you to meet someone, I promise.
My brother's in his 30s and still has never had a girlfriend, and he still lives at home. And he's not on the spectrum.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 4:58 am

I know a man in his 50's who never had a wife or girlfriend because of autism. He said it used to bother him, but now he figures he's probably better off having lived according to his nature.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 12:59 pm

I've had one wife and many girlfriends. I'm glad that I'm not still curious, but the marriage severely damaged me, and only the last breakup was more my choice. It was the best of all, but I'd finally realized that none of the women had really known me, they only saw the character I could play for them.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:40 pm

thousand1000 wrote:
I am sure I not the only one. Where are the women? I am not suicidal over it. I would not have the guts.

:D Meet a woman, fall in love. You'll be suicidal in no time.

Be careful what you wish for.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 1:43 pm

"The next time I want to get married, I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house."
- Rod Stewart

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2017, 2:25 pm

thousand1000 wrote:

I am 40 and never had a GF until last year. She is also an Aspie. I met her at Comic Con. No joke.

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Sep 2017, 12:29 am

thousand1000 wrote:

You're not really missing out on anything. Remember, the Divorce rate is now 50%.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:35 am

50% of couples getting divorced still means 50% of couples aren't getting divorced.

i still think it's worth it.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

welsh one
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2017, 1:53 pm

i am 49 and just separated from my 2nd wife.trust me you arent missing much.
the emotional tidal wave im having to deal with is unbelievable.
still at least the kids keep my spirits up

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:46 am

I'm also 54 and have had two wives and many girlfriends. Aside from my now-wife and two of the girlfriends, I wish I'd spared myself the misery. The blame's not all on them; until recently, I was very hard to deal with, largely due to my condition. (I still am, but at least I'm more self-aware.) Do you have friends? If so, then the main thing you're missing may be sex, which is not the same thing at all.

Jimoftroy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:55 am

I'm sure that hearing about other people's less-than-positive relationship experiences isn't necessarily helpful, when you haven't had the opportunity to try the alternative.

But (adding to that list despite the above disclaimer) I'm 51, have had one marriage and one long term single-sex relationship, and would say that it really is difficult to have constant dealings with someone whose head doesn't work the same way as yours does - and it can be so very wearing constantly to have to translate yourself for another person.
I'm so much more at ease with myself now that I'm not doing that.

I hope you get the chance to try it if you really want it, but beware that it may not be all that you imagine.

:?

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 11:51 am

Well at least your mental state is better then most men because I know of plenty of guys that probably would kill themselves if they were that old and never had a girlfriend.

Michael829
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2017, 2:22 pm

thousand1000 wrote:
I am sure I not the only one. Where are the women?

Online. There are millions of woman in whatever country you live in. There's one who wants you, and would like you.

What did The Seekers say, in their summer 1965 song, I Know I'll Never Find Another You?:

"There is always someone, who needs your love they say."

At an online introduction-service, you'll be in conversations in a few weeks. Within a month or so, there will be good prospects to meet.

(I didn't meet anyone till I was 30. That's ridiculous and unnecessary.)

Michael829