Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 12:41 pm

Are hormones a difficult thing to deal with, or is it not really that bad for you?

Curious to know,

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on September 27, 2017)

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 5:15 pm

Hormones are okay for me. I would be a lot better off if my serotonin levels weren't so low because of my OCD. My serotonin levels are always very low, so that make little things (such as intrusive thoughts, minor disappointments) a lot harder to deal with. Just typical teenage hormones don't really have much effect on me, and I don't get a lot of mood swings- usually I am just depressed for a while, and then doing something fun makes me happy, and then I worry I am going insane. Other than that hormones are no problem :lol: !

How about you? (If that isn't a weird question- I can't tell. Sorry! You don't have to answer if you don't want to :D ).

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 9:29 am

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
Hormones are okay for me. I would be a lot better off if my serotonin levels weren't so low because of my OCD. My serotonin levels are always very low, so that make little things (such as intrusive thoughts, minor disappointments) a lot harder to deal with. Just typical teenage hormones don't really have much effect on me, and I don't get a lot of mood swings- usually I am just depressed for a while, and then doing something fun makes me happy, and then I worry I am going insane. Other than that hormones are no problem :lol: !

How about you? (If that isn't a weird question- I can't tell. Sorry! You don't have to answer if you don't want to :D ).

I would answer that question, but I haven't found the right words to describe what it is like for me. :/ Sorry about that.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 2:58 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

I would answer that question, but I haven't found the right words to describe what it is like for me. :/ Sorry about that.

That's okay! Wie geht es dir? :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 3:44 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Sehr gut, und du?

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Sep 2017, 4:12 pm

Hormones are a paaaiiiin. By itself it's not that bad but no one takes my problems, especially mania, seriously and blames them on hormones.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2017, 4:53 pm

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:
LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

Sehr gut, und du?

Gut, danke! Ich hatte gestern ein deutsches Quiz!

PurpleMoongirl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Nov 2017, 10:32 am

LegoMaster2149 wrote:
StampySquiddyFan wrote:

For me i experience sever mood swings which leave me very very angry or crying at the drop of a hat. Right now i have come of a real high where it felt impossible to be unhappy....
I always atrributed this to my hormones. But myenstrual cycle and pms are so random its virtually untrackable. I always feel emotions very strongly and this is one of the things that led me to consider autism ? That and the fact that i badly lack tact or sympathy....

Blanknight
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm

Not really, but that depends on the kind of hormones we`re talking about. For example, serotonin was lacking for me (given my doctor`s prescription of a SSRI), but after some time, it got better (I`m not even using anti depressants anymore)

But if we`re talking about a hormone like testosterone, that`s a different story. I never had a problem with libido or something like that, but I have been trying to increase my T levels for exercising purposes (or rather, I`ve been exercising to increase my T levels).

Spycraft
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 Jan 2018, 6:43 am

I thought my hormones weren't much of a problem, then I developed a hormone imbalance. Eugh.

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2018, 2:27 pm

Hormones were never that bad for me.
I turned 13, I wanted to do typical teen things, like dating and growing up. My hormones were more or less raging then. They didn't have a whole lot of effect on me, however when I was around 13-14, the situation of emotional and mental abuse I was in for six years at the time began to have more of a negative effect on me, and I began to get angry at many things. Now, at 17, my sexual hormones seem to be raging more than ever as I have developed an addiction to masturbation, and I get hornier and hornier than ever. On top of the mood swings, I'm not having as many anymore. However the trauma I have experienced in the past ten years, from first grade to now, is starting to get the better of me, as I have grown seldom and apathetic and begin holding my feelings inside, rarely ever crying about anything.
And I seem to be having a hormone imbalance, as my testicles are slightly smaller than that of an average kid my age, and I am tired all day long, although the latter may also be the result of my bad diet, which consists of mainly bread, eggs, junk food, no breakfast, and only eating fruits and veggies between once every month and a half or every three months.
And my mental state isn't that great, as I seem to have the mentality of a 12-13 year old or something.
Oh and whenever I try to "individuate" I am stopped by my mother's criticism, leaving me more seldom and unstable and insecure than ever.
But anyway my hormones... ugh
Not doing great right now