Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

aspienhermit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Sep 2017, 5:25 pm

My name is Jessica. I am 28 years old. I found this site a couple of months ago because I googled, 'words and sentences stuck in my head.' I have two brothers who are autistic. One older and the other one youngest. So, I decided to do a little research on Asperger's, but instead for adult females. That's when I came upon articles and websites on this topic and realized that I can relate to a lot of things talked about. I feel like my eyes were open and now I have answers for the questions I have asked myself in the past and still do. I can relate to a lot of the symptoms of Asperger's and I know getting a diagnosis won't change anything. I don't want to be labeled. I just want to understand myself and know if the reason why I struggle with certain things is because of Asperger's. Because I do have my doubts. I do struggle with anxiety a lot and have a prescription for pills to help me with it.

I have spoken to a neurologist about wanting to get tested for Asperger's and he asked me a lot of questions. Then he told me to take an Asperger's test in which I scored a 35. According to him it was a pretty high score so he gave me a prescription paper to find someone to do a psychiatric evaluation and he put to rule out Asperger's. I have been searching everywhere in my area and a little further as well and I either can't find anyone close to me or anyone who takes my insurance or the evaluation assessment thing cost way too much.

So, yeah. I don't know what else to write. But I guess this was just a little introduction on how I came about Asperger's in myself. I know for a fact that I do have it. And yeah, I might be undiagnosed but I guess I just felt like I should join a community who understands me as I'm not really good at making friends in real life.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 6:00 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2017, 8:40 pm

Welcome!

thebelgradebelief
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2017, 5:53 pm

Welcome to WP. I'm glad you've found the answers you needed. Getting a diagnosis can be difficult, have you looked into universities around you that might provide discounted evaluations?

High school student with Autism and ADHD.
Diagnosed 3/22/18.

Special Interest: The Beatles