I feel like no one wants me to have a girlfriend

Page 4 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 3:01 pm

hurtloam wrote:
See while we're off topic. Darwinism and Lamarkism are different.

We might get into morphic fields and the inadequacy of DNA if we discuss Lamarckism, and loop back around to relationships.

https://sheldrake.org

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 3:32 pm

drwho222 wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Care to prove how he's wrong instead of just mocking him to cover the fact you don't have an intelligent rebuttal to his post?

The fossil record isn't just layers of bones. It shows the natural progressuon of life throughout Earth's history. Evidence for speciation has also been observed: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... evolve-etc

My dear, if Evolution were a real thing - you would have a girlfriend.

Evolution right now is essentially a very popular religion.

I read Darwin's Origin Of Species when I was 10, and I loved it.

I espoused and defended Evolution for years amongst my peers - until I started to see the holes in the Theory.

I saw that Darwin espoused a theory in which Human females are genetically-predisposed to be attracted to the fittest of the species. (Strongest, fastest, smartest)

My brother, who is also Autistic, is tall, with muscles and is a First Degree Black-Belt in Shotokan Karate.

He is also the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Despite being tall, muscular and handsome, he can't get a girlfriend, either.

He's kind and gentlemanly, but shy - and he asks girls out, but it never works out.

When I was younger and studying Evolution, I started to notice the reproductive-habits of anatomically-modern Human females.

I noticed them (on a large scale) reproducing with males that were dumb, weak and unhealthy.

These males did drugs, which filled their bodies with toxins, and were abusive to women - to the point where a woman could be potentially killed before or during pregnancy.

Why is this important?

Evolution is predicated on Darwin's theory of Sexual Selection.

Darwin's theory states that generations of Humans survive by passing on superior-genes to future generations.

Survival of the fittest.

Unfortunately - Darwin's theories and Reality, are two different things.

When you peel yourself away from your Evolution-bible.. er.. textbook, you will see a world in which multitudes of women fill Battered-Shelters in every state and every country.

At a level which is epidemic, women frequently choose to reproduce with men who can potentially kill them, before they have the ability to give birth.

This is Counter-Productive to Evolution - since "superior genes" cannot be carried to the next generation - if there is no next generation.

This problem is further complicated by the fact that women largely are not reproducing with the fittest of the species.

They are echewing strong, handsome, nurturing and intelligent males - and instead are reproducing with males who are mentally and or physically weak specimens, who are unhealthy due to the drug usage.

This happens on a largely noticeable scale enough, that many young men such as yourself are dealing with its effects.

There of course, other huge holes in Evolution, such as an incomplete fossil-record and carbon-dating methods that are only accurate up to some many thousands of years.

But the largest, most obvious proof that Evolution is someone's Classroom-Project that was turned into a crypto-Religion, is the reproductive-habits of many women - and how they directly-contradict Evolution.

You yourself Marknis appear to be a handsome, sweet young man and yet you can't get a girlfriend despite this.

You are strong, you are fast, you are smart.

And yet the women around you are reproducing with men whose kidney's are approaching failure due to overconsumption of alcohol.

You are intellectual, and yet all the women around you are choosing to reproduce with closed-minded dullards.

This, is referred to, as a contradiction.

If Evolution were real, you would have a girlfriend, and your brothers might not be married or have children.

The reason you choose to support Evolution is understandable - because you have grown to hate the people who believe (ironically, correctly) that Evolution is false.

You understandably reject Christianity and support Evolution, because of your experience with them.

However - if Evolution was real - then that would validate their opinions of you being a failure, because they have been successful with reproduction and you have not.

If Evolution is real, then you are Genetically-Unfit and all your worst fears about yourself are validated through Darwin's theory.

If God is real, then you have untapped potential and God has been waiting for you to allow Him to show you everything you truly are.

drwho222 wrote:
Among scientists who study biology which I am, the factual occurrence of evolution is not up for debate.

That's ironic - because it never factually occurs. :D

drwho222 wrote:
Its as well supported as the notion that the Earth goes round the Sun (and that too is a theory that also contradicts what the Bible has to say on the subject).

That's an interesting claim - show me specifically where it says in the Bible that the earth does not revolve around the sun. :D

Also, do you believe in The Big Bang Theory? :wink:

drwho222 wrote:
Even if it were up for debate, we would not, because of the creationist manner of debate, namely the pre determined conclusion that creation has occurred. It is very distressing to us that a significant portion of the worlds population does not believe it because of the mythology of iron age nomads who also thought sea monsters were real and the world was flat.

lol..

I get it - "your religion is greater than mine".

I dare not question the all-knowing supreme prophet Charles Darwin.

No, but seriously - I have listed too many ways that Reality contradicts Evolution:

When I was younger and studying Evolution, I started to notice the reproductive-habits of anatomically-modern Human females.

I noticed them (on a large scale) reproducing with males that were dumb, weak and unhealthy.

These males did drugs, which filled their bodies with toxins, and were abusive to women - to the point where a woman could be potentially killed before or during pregnancy.

Why is this important?

Darwin's theory states that generations of Humans survive by passing on superior-genes to future generations.

Survival of the fittest.

When you peel yourself away from your Evolution-bible.. er.. textbook, you will see a world in which multitudes of women fill Battered-Shelters in every state and every country.

At a level which is epidemic, women frequently choose to reproduce with men who can potentially kill them, before they have the ability to give birth.

This is Counter-Productive to Evolution - since "superior genes" cannot be carried to the next generation - if there is no next generation.

This problem is further complicated by the fact that women largely are not reproducing with the fittest of the species.

They are echewing strong, handsome, nurturing and intelligent males - and instead are reproducing with males who are mentally and or physically weak specimens, who are unhealthy due to the drug usage.

This happens on a largely noticeable scale enough, that many young men such as yourself are dealing with its effects.

There of course, other huge holes in Evolution, such as an incomplete fossil-record and carbon-dating methods that are only accurate up to some many thousands of years.

But the largest, most obvious proof that Evolution is someone's Classroom-Project that was turned into a crypto-Religion, is the reproductive-habits of many women - and how they directly-contradict Evolution.

I find it distressing that so many people blindly believe a Classroom-Project that was turned into a crypto-religion by a fallible Human.

As I've said, aside from the fact that the fossil-record is too incomplete to show any proof of evolution, and that carbon-dating is only accurate up to 12,000 years or so - there is also the matter of Darwin's theory of Sexual Selection (upon which evolution hinges upon as a theory which is completely contradicted by the reproductive-habits of many modern Human females.

In short, the way reproduction actually occurs means there can be no possibility for evolution.

Logically, Humans haven't even existed much further back than 10,000 years - and certainly not the 40,000 - 200,000 that Science claims.

With the way many modern Human females select their mates - primitive Humans would have died out thousands of years ago, due to predation, and weak-genetics.

Evolution as a religion is beyond reproach.

Evolution cannot be compared to Reality, where it fails miserably.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 3:47 pm

drwho222 wrote:
Sorry angel but you are clearly in the "bigfoot is real but atoms are not" club. Answer me this: do you or do you not have the pre ordained conclusion that creation has occurred, and nothing will shake you from this conclusion? If I presented evidence that evolution were true, would you change your views? If not, and I'm quite sure you would not regardless of what you say, then any debate on the subject would be a waste of time. Creationists are akin to anti vaxers in this--all the science and evidence in the world would not shake their views.

I haven’t made anti-evolution claims in this thread, nor have I made a case for the Bible or for creationism. I’m not really in the habit of doing that kind of thing anymore. It doesn’t interest me and I don’t care to expend the time and effort to go round after round with it. Whether I “believe” in evolution or not isn’t the issue. It’s just that I have nothing to gain from it. If you want to tangle with someone over evolution, be my guest, but understand I’m just a quiet observer. Same thing with whether God exists, or Extraterrestrial Pasta Rastas, or pink unicorns, or flying space teapots. I’ve paid my dues and don’t care to do it again unless there’s something in it for me.

HOWEVER...

YOU have, in effect, made assertions about the Bible with regard to the earth’s orbit. YOU made claims that the Bible has been contradicted. Where is the evidence?

Same thing with sea monsters and flat earth. Evidence, please!

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 3:58 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
Marknis wrote:
Care to prove how he's wrong instead of just mocking him to cover the fact you don't have an intelligent rebuttal to his post?

The fossil record isn't just layers of bones. It shows the natural progressuon of life throughout Earth's history. Evidence for speciation has also been observed: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... evolve-etc

My dear, if Evolution were a real thing - you would have a girlfriend.

Evolution right now is essentially a very popular religion.

I espoused and defended Evolution for years amongst my peers - until I started to see the holes in the Theory.

I saw that Darwin espoused a theory in which Human females are genetically-predisposed to be attracted to the fittest of the species. (Strongest, fastest, smartest)

My brother, who is also Autistic, is tall, with muscles and is a First Degree Black-Belt in Shotokan Karate.

He is also the nicest guy you will ever meet.

Despite being tall, muscular and handsome, he can't get a girlfriend, either.

He's kind and gentlemanly, but shy - and he asks girls out, but it never works out.

Why is this important?

Survival of the fittest.

You yourself Marknis appear to be a handsome, sweet young man and yet you can't get a girlfriend despite this.

You are strong, you are fast, you are smart.

And yet the women around you are reproducing with men whose kidney's are approaching failure due to overconsumption of alcohol.

You are intellectual, and yet all the women around you are choosing to reproduce with closed-minded dullards.

This, is referred to, as a contradiction.

If Evolution were real, you would have a girlfriend, and your brothers might not be married or have children.

The reason you choose to support Evolution is understandable - because you have grown to hate the people who believe (ironically, correctly) that Evolution is false.

You understandably reject Christianity and support Evolution, because of your experience with them.

However - if Evolution was real - then that would validate their opinions of you being a failure, because they have been successful with reproduction and you have not.

If Evolution is real, then you are Genetically-Unfit and all your worst fears about yourself are validated through Darwin's theory.

If God is real, then you have untapped potential and God has been waiting for you to allow Him to show you everything you truly are.

drwho222 wrote:
Among scientists who study biology which I am, the factual occurrence of evolution is not up for debate.

That's ironic - because it never factually occurs. :D

drwho222 wrote:
Its as well supported as the notion that the Earth goes round the Sun (and that too is a theory that also contradicts what the Bible has to say on the subject).

That's an interesting claim - show me specifically where it says in the Bible that the earth does not revolve around the sun. :D

Also, do you believe in The Big Bang Theory? :wink:

drwho222 wrote:
Even if it were up for debate, we would not, because of the creationist manner of debate, namely the pre determined conclusion that creation has occurred. It is very distressing to us that a significant portion of the worlds population does not believe it because of the mythology of iron age nomads who also thought sea monsters were real and the world was flat.

lol..

I get it - "your religion is greater than mine".

No, but seriously - I have listed too many ways that Reality contradicts Evolution:

Why is this important?

Survival of the fittest.

I find it distressing that so many people blindly believe a Classroom-Project that was turned into a crypto-religion by a fallible Human.

As I've said, aside from the fact that the fossil-record is too incomplete to show any proof of evolution, and that carbon-dating is only accurate up to 12,000 years or so - there is also the matter of Darwin's theory of Sexual Selection (upon which evolution hinges upon as a theory which is completely contradicted by the reproductive-habits of many modern Human females.

In short, the way reproduction actually occurs means there can be no possibility for evolution.

Logically, Humans haven't even existed much further back than 10,000 years - and certainly not the 40,000 - 200,000 that Science claims.

With the way many modern Human females select their mates - primitive Humans would have died out thousands of years ago, due to predation, and weak-genetics.

I don’t necessarily agree with EVERY point you’re making, but I admire your effort. I enjoy reading these kinds of exchanges, and I can’t help but notice our different approaches do have a few things in common. I hope you’ll keep at it!

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 4:43 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:

So evolution is wrong because you don't like it? Sorry but science doesn't care about your feelings.

Evolution is a religion? Are you serious? If you think I look up to Charles Darwin as a prophet, you are wrong. I don't look up to him like Jesus or Buddha. I just see him as an intelligent individual.

The fossil record doesn't show any proof of evolution? That's a claim that is based on a misunderstanding and ignorance of paleontology.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... l-fallacy/

There are plenty of transitional fossils that show how species have changed over time. Creationists also do not generally keep up with paleontology. They still think all prehistoric reptiles are dinosaurs and that all dinosaurs are still lumbering Godzilla-like creatures so they should not be looked up to when it comes to accurate dinosaur information.
They are mentally frozen in the past:
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_an ... ecord.html

As for carbon dating, this article blasts what creationists think out of the water:
https://ncse.com/cej/3/2/answers-to-cre ... -14-dating

You also missed my previous post. I have underdeveloped muscles, I am overweight, and I have low stamina. According to your logic, I should have women lined up at my door wanting to have sex with me. Guess what? I don't have that at all. My younger brother, who has a fiancée, is athletically built and has a child. Most of my cousins are quite healthy in body and have children. How do you explain that? Just because you've seen some women choose bad boyfriends doesn't mean that they cancel out Darwinian evolution. Humanity is just able to subvert instinct through abstract thinking and modern societies are different from ancient ones.

My older brother is not the healthiest male but his children were born without birth defects and are developing normally. His genetics are still intact despite his drug and alcohol use.

You do realize primitive humans didn't have access to the drugs and alcohol of today? Humans of that time were also less sedentary and didn't have junk food. They were much more healthy than present day humans as far as physical fitness and food intake is concerned.

In fact, this article shoots down a lot of the things you are claiming:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.medicald ... 38%3Famp=1

Hinduism states humanity has existed for billions of years. Hinduism is older than Christianity but why is only Christianity right? If evolution is just a "religion", why isn't Christianity regarded as being equally faulty since it itself is a religion?

I am only seeing you say "It isn't right because I don't like it!" and that is not how you debate properly.

Why don't I have a girlfriend? I am shy and anxious for the most part, I don't have much self-confidence, my self-esteem is low, and I live in a sick and mentally unstable culture.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:44 pm

Marknis wrote:
Evolution is a religion? Are you serious?
I've heard Christians say that evolution is a religion and I've heard other Christians say that atheism is a religion. Not just once or twice, lots of times.

I find it very strange that Christians keep using the term "religion" as an insult because Christianity is a religion. In a way they're insulting themselves.

I guess the reason why creationist Christians use terms such as "religion" and "faith" when debating evolution is because when they're debating, they have to stick to what they know. They have to frame their whole argument using only terms they're familiar with.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:

Suggesting you read a more modern book on evolution. Origin of Species is 150 years out of date.
ShyGirl7 wrote:
Not the women I know. I know plenty of women who are with stable, middle-class men, not with wife beaters or drug users.
ShyGirl7 wrote:
Carbon dating is widely used by archaeologists, it is not widely used by paleontologists for the reason you just described. Carbon dating is only useful on timescales of thousands of years, not millions of years. To measure timescales of millions of years, paleontologists use other forms of radiometric dating, ones that measure isotopes with much longer half-lives than carbon-14.

See? This is why if you want to argue that evolution is false, you should read a modern book on evolution, not one that was published in 1859. Origin of Species doesn't mention which type of radiometric dating is suitable for which timescales. There are modern books that do.

As for the "huge gaps in the fossil record", which gaps? Name them. Then explain how these gaps disprove evolution.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm

For reference, here are responses to all the creationist arguments.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... eationist/

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 11:01 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
See what I mean about framing the debate in religious terms?

Scientists never claimed to be all knowing or have prophets but the Bible claims to be inspired by an all knowing being and the Bible contains several prophets.

I don't know if ShyGirl7 is a Christian or a Druid or a Scientologist or some other religion. If she's a Christian than the above quotation is an example of the pot calling the kettle black.

As for the women you know not favouring the best men, remember that for evolution the best men are the ones who breed the most, not the ones who fit cultural ideas about who's best.

Here's a video to explain it.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:10 am

I feel like I wandered into the Politics, Philosophy and Religion board ...

I am, by the way, part of the majority of Christians that actually can separate my faith and my science and, thus, believe in the general concept of evolution. It doesn't matter if any details aren't perfect; the Bible wasn't written to provide a precise history, IMHO.

But none of that has anything to do with this thread, IMHO. Putting people into relationships isn't science or religion, although it is very helpful if the two people looking to partner up have similar ideas and philosophies. Or at least respect the ones the other holds.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 1:19 am

Evolution is a scientific fact now, it's the basis of many explanations in all fields of biology, virology and medical sciences.

Seriously, you evolution deniers are no different than flat-eartherers - you're blinded by your narrow religion and totally out of touch with modern biology and even the nature around you; even your own skin and body speak of evolution.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 2:09 am

DW_a_mom wrote:
the majority of Christians that actually can separate my faith and my science and, thus, believe in the general concept of evolution.
I know. That's why in one of my previous posts I said "creationists Christians", not just "Christians".

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 4:01 am

How can something that is based on evidence be considered a religion? Also science changes everytime new evidence is brought to the table, it is not static like religion.

How one can believe in talking snakes and angels is beyond me..