Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:39 pm

Mikah wrote:
Keep my country out of the first world war. Many of our woes today stem back to that bloody conflict and its second half, WW2.

To be sure, that war was a clusterf*ck that shouldn't have happened. Kaiser Wilhelm was hardly a genocidal monster like Hitler, and truthfully had only been pulled into the war due to his treaty with Austria-Hungary. I hardly think a continental Europe dominated by Imperial Germany for a few generations would have been comparable to the horrors of Nazism and communism - twin evils unleashed by WWI.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:42 pm

Mikah wrote:
Keep my country out of the first world war. Many of our woes today stem back to that bloody conflict and its second half, WW2.

If it’s remained between asustria and Serbia we never would had hitler.
Perhaps eventually someone would eventually accepted his art. It wasn’t that bad. I think hitler could been a good person but life had other plans.

Or one could simply make the allies listen to the usa and not punish Germany for a war they didn’t start. Allies were on the wrong side in ww1. Russia’s fault. They also gave hitler what he needed to launch ww2. Though suppose the Russians paid dearly :(

Wonder how many good leaders that could been died in the trenches all so Serbia could get off with their assignation

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:43 pm

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I'd go back to Dallas, 11/22/1963, to see who, if anyone, was behind that grassy knoll.

Why not save jfk?

Besides eliminating myself I wouldn’t unless I had a ship and shield that protected me from harm and temporal changes.
Might be interesting to visit and see history first hand.
Maybe try to change the future for the better.
Did Atlantis exist could just go back and see. Walk Ancient Rome etc.

To be sure, that's a great idea. But what if there was more than one shooter, as Jim Garrison, Mark Lane, and others believed? Putting Oswald into a headlock would only mean I'd still see JFK shot from the grassy knoll from the Texas Book Depository window. I'd be kicking myself.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:

To be sure, that war was a clusterf*ck that shouldn't have happened. Kaiser Wilhelm was hardly a genocidal monster like Hitler, and truthfully had only been pulled into the war due to his treaty with Austria-Hungary. I hardly think a continental Europe dominated by Imperial Germany for a few generations would have been comparable to the horrors of Nazism and communism - twin evils unleashed by WWI.

Can thank Serbia and Russia for that.

Imagine prince of England gets assiagnated I bet England would wage war on the country responsible. Image be Iran did it knowing Russia would back them and Russia knows China will back them. So I’ll attacks Iran, Russia attacks uk so the Eu and USA attack Russia so then China joins in attacking uk, eu and USA. Who was wrong ?treaty webs are dangerous.

Odd imaging a time where France and Russia are close allies no? Stranger still most the Kings and zars andnsuch are cousins. The kiazer helped arrange his cousin and family’s murders.
Glad I’m not royalty lol

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I'd go back to Dallas, 11/22/1963, to see who, if anyone, was behind that grassy knoll.

Why not save jfk?

Besides eliminating myself I wouldn’t unless I had a ship and shield that protected me from harm and temporal changes.

To be sure, that's a great idea. But what if there was more than one shooter, as Jim Garrison, Mark Lane, and others believed? Putting Oswald into a headlock would only mean I'd still see JFK shot from the grassy knoll from the Texas Book Depository window. I'd be kicking myself.

Two another trip back and stop the other one too. Time travel means you have infinite opportunities

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Why not save jfk?

Two another trip back and stop the other one too. Time travel means you have infinite opportunities

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:21 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Imagine prince of England gets assiagnated I bet England would wage war on the country responsible. Image be Iran did it knowing Russia would back them and Russia knows China will back them. So I’ll attacks Iran, Russia attacks uk so the Eu and USA attack Russia so then China joins in attacking uk, eu and USA. Who was wrong ?treaty webs are dangerous.

Odd imaging a time where France and Russia are close allies no? Stranger still most the Kings and zars andnsuch are cousins. The kiazer helped arrange his cousin and family’s murders.
Glad I’m not royalty lol

The Kaiser helped arrange his family's murders? When and who?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 1:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Glad I’m not royalty lol

He transported leinen to Russia to cause the Russian revolution to overthrow the zar which resulted in their death.
The czar was his cousin. As was the king of England.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brooking ... rld-war-i/

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 2:11 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Glad I’m not royalty lol

He transported leinen to Russia to cause the Russian revolution to overthrow the zar which resulted in their death.

The Kaiser wanted to free up German troops on the eastern front by fostering a revolution in Czarist Russia, but I doubt he actually wanted the Czar and his family to die. In fact, he had offered the English safe passage through the Baltic in order to save the Russian royal family, but British Prime Minister David Loyd George turned him down.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 2:43 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Glad I’m not royalty lol

The Kaiser wanted to free up German troops on the eastern front by fostering a revolution in Czarist Russia, but I doubt he actually wanted the Czar and his family to die. In fact, he had offered the English safe passage through the Baltic in order to save the Russian royal family, but British Prime Minister David Loyd George turned him down.

He had to know that was he likely outcome. Say it was just business doesn’t change that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 3:05 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Mikah wrote:

Glad I’m not royalty lol

He had to know that was he likely outcome. Say it was just business doesn’t change that.

That wasn't my conclusion when I had read about the incident.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 9:19 am

I would also want to see the World Trade Center before 9/11. I was born only 235 days before the Twin Towers collapsed.

Last edited by LegoMaster2149 on 05 Oct 2017, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 9:28 am

I saw the Twin Towers when they being built. I live in NYC. It was finished in 1973, when I was 12.

I had a bit of a bias against it because I wanted the Empire State Building to always be the highest building in the world.

I was a foolish kid LOL

I never found the Twin Towers particularly attractive.

What's being built now is much, much more attractive than the original Twin Towers.

Obviously, my little bias against the Twin Towers doesn't dilute the sheer tragedy of 9/11.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

Stayed with a friend in New York, and went by myself to the top of the twin towers in ..sometime in the 80's.

It was like being at the helm of a ship. The building was the pilot house, and the entire island of Manhatten was the ship that you were steering through the waters ( it even has the long shape of a ship's hull).

You could see into jersy, and up north to past central park and into Harlem, and up to the ship's stern at the northern tip of the island.

They were rather monotonous looking structures. The 100 floors looked much the same on the interior.

And much of the awful footage of 9-11 was in recognizable settings.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 2:48 pm

I would like to see the Colossus of Rhodes. The Zeus statue would be next on the ancient wonders list. I would like to hear the national anthem of the Roman Empire.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

They didn't have "national anthems" back then.

But seeing the other six of the "Seven Wonders" (that's what you're talking about) would be awesome. Only the Pyramids survive. But seeing the Colosses at Rhodes, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon (there was recent PBS show about finding possible remains of that), The Lighthouse of Alexandria, there was a big statue of Zeus, and I forget the rest, in their primes would certainly be something to see.