Aspires and NT relationship issues

Page 16 of 19 [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

stilljaded
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2017, 6:43 pm

imhere wrote:
Plus, I could easily feel totally drawn in by him again tomorrow and come wining more on here then. I'll try not to do that. For everyone's sake. I hate how I feel about this.

Oh girl, you got it SO BAD! Ugh, I just feel for you. You are love sick as the day is long. Helluva DRUG! Your body/hormones are betraying you.

I will also say this...I married an Aspie and I fell in love with an Aspie two years ago who I now consider one of my dearest friends. WHY you may ask? Well, I think a lot of NTs, myself included, are attracted to the "mysterious" nature of the Aspie in the natural environment. More often than not we don't know they are Aspies so we just think they are elusive and mysterious and we therefore set out to "win them over" and be that "special girl" that finally "gets him." It also makes us look for a thousand clues and hidden meanings that aren't really there. It's kind of a gross ego-driven cycle on our part. We want to be that "special one." Anyway, in my case when I finally found out he wasn't playing stupid relationship games and in fact was just being his Aspie self I had to do some real soul searching. And when I looked back at ALL the hoops I jumped through trying to get this guy's attention and make him "choose me" as the special girl that really "understood" him I felt a little silly. But that's just infatuation for you. It makes you do really insane things. Gotta laugh at yourself sometimes.

Last edited by stilljaded on 08 Oct 2017, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stilljaded
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2017, 6:47 pm

AspieSingleDad wrote:
That's weird. I totally didn't get your PM. Or are PMs different from the messages I've been receiving? In either case, I did see you were from Colorado and I saw your avatar...and...than I saw you were married LOL. You husband is a lucky guy.

LOL. Maybe I sent it to the wrong person or maybe never sent it. I'm new to the forum. Ha! Thanks, my husband is a lucky guy and I'm a lucky gal. But this lucky married gal can make new friends of any gender and persuasion. We're progressive like that. Ha! Anyway, PM me anytime if you want to plan an activity in which we can meet face to face. I'm super fun to know in real life. I suspect you are too.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 6:52 pm

stilljaded wrote:
AspieSingleDad wrote:
That's weird. I totally didn't get your PM. Or are PMs different from the messages I've been receiving? In either case, I did see you were from Colorado and I saw your avatar...and...than I saw you were married LOL. You husband is a lucky guy.

LOL. Maybe I sent it to the wrong person or maybe never sent it. I'm new to the forum. Ha! Thanks, my husband is a lucky guy and I'm a lucky gal. But this lucky married gal can make new friends of any gender and persuasion. We're progressive like that. Ha! Anyway, PM me anytime if you want to plan an activity in which we can meet face to face. I'm super fun to know in real life. I suspect you are too.

Same goes to you too! I've already met a person and her family from Wrong Planet and they are great people. And for the friend thing, we can all you some. Some might have more need for friends than others (I might be referring to myself here).

ttt2727
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2017, 9:35 pm

stilljaded wrote:
AspieSingleDad wrote:

I sent you a pm stilljaded!!

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

stilljaded wrote:
AspieSingleDad wrote:

Sounds like you guys have a fun evening planned.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 10:32 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
stilljaded wrote:
AspieSingleDad wrote:

Sounds like you guys have a fun evening planned.

You know, I was about to say something vague in an attempt to hide the fact that I don't know what that comment means (I have a couple of guesses though). But, look at where I am, I don't have to pretend. So straight up, what do you mean by that comment, precisely?

stilljaded
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2017, 10:51 pm

AspieSingleDad wrote:
You know, I was about to say something vague in an attempt to hide the fact that I don't know what that comment means (I have a couple of guesses though). But, look at where I am, I don't have to pretend. So straight up, what do you mean by that comment, precisely?

@AspieSingleDad, are you asking me what my comment(s) meant or are you asking @ShyGirl7?

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 10:53 pm

stilljaded wrote:
AspieSingleDad wrote:

@AspieSingleDad, are you asking me what my comment(s) meant or are you asking @ShyGirl7?

I'm not sure what ShyGirl7 meant by her comment.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:11 pm

AspieSingleDad, I think you are being exploited. I was worried for you, quite frankly. stilljaded’s post, at the top of the page reveals some things about hrself, of which you have touched on in some of your posts. I assume that you either did not pick up on her intent and the red flags throughout her post, or you did not read her post. Forgive me, as I know it isnt any of my buisness, but, I wouldn’t be pleased with myself if I didn't say something about it. I hope you proceed with caution, if you were to decide to interact or become friends with stilljaded. I dont assume you will, but, you mentioned that ‘everyone could use more friends’, and hinted about yourself being one of those people, so, it sounds as if you might. Perhaps Shygirl is egging on the situation. I dont know, however, so, I shouldnt make accusations. It just feels very familiar to me and it was horribly disconcerting to read that post at the top of the page where she reveals that it’s for the sake of being the ‘special girl’ who ‘wins’ over the other girls, and she moved in right at the time you had sweetly been hinting to Imhere, to stay. I pick up on everything these days, because I was in your position on a couple occasions. Please be careful.

ttt2727
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2017, 11:14 pm

Britte wrote:
AspieSingleDad, I think you are being exploited. I was worried for you, quite frankly. stilljaded’s post, at the top of the page reveals some things about hrself, of which you have touched on in some of your posts. I assume that you either did not pick up on her intent and the red flags throughout her post, or you did not read her post. Forgive me, as I know it isnt any of my buisness, but, I wouldn’t be pleased with myself if I didn't say something about it. I hope you proceed with caution, if you were to decide to interact or become friends with stilljaded. I dont assume you will, but, you mentioned that ‘everyone could use more friends’, and hinted about yourself being one of those people, so, it sounds as if you might. Perhaps Shygirl is egging on the situation. I dont know, however, so, I shouldnt make accusations. It just feels very familiar to me and it was horribly disconcerting to read that post at the top of the page where she reveals that it’s for the sake of being the ‘special girl’ who ‘wins’ over the other girls, and she moved in right at the tome you had sweetly been hinting to Imhere, to stay. I pick up on everything these days, because I was in your position on a couple occasions. Please be careful.

Am I missing something?! !? sounds a tad paranoid to me... stilljaded is happily married to someone with ASD and is NT providing perspective on things for us other NTs here. AspieSingleDad is doing the same..providing insight and perspective on things from an ASD view point... I don't see anyone being exploited or anyone intending to exploit anyone else? Why the heavy caution / borderline paranoia?

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:26 pm

In case you're trying to make me feel threatened, Im not. I used to walk away and say nothing when the minions came out of the woodwork, but, I refuse to be that person any longer. You can call me any names you want or throw a label on me. You are only revealing your true colors, through the anger you are showing.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:28 pm

Britte wrote:
AspieSingleDad, I think you are being exploited. I was worried for you, quite frankly. stilljaded’s post, at the top of the page reveals some things about hrself, of which you have touched on in some of your posts. I assume that you either did not pick up on her intent and the red flags throughout her post, or you did not read her post. Forgive me, as I know it isnt any of my buisness, but, I wouldn’t be pleased with myself if I didn't say something about it. I hope you proceed with caution, if you were to decide to interact or become friends with stilljaded. I dont assume you will, but, you mentioned that ‘everyone could use more friends’, and hinted about yourself being one of those people, so, it sounds as if you might. Perhaps Shygirl is egging on the situation. I dont know, however, so, I shouldnt make accusations. It just feels very familiar to me and it was horribly disconcerting to read that post at the top of the page where she reveals that it’s for the sake of being the ‘special girl’ who ‘wins’ over the other girls, and she moved in right at the time you had sweetly been hinting to Imhere, to stay. I pick up on everything these days, because I was in your position on a couple occasions. Please be careful.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you are implying. You’d really just have to say it before I’d understand. I think that still was just saying perhaps there’s a chance of platonic friendship. I don’t want to make things unnecessarily dramatic or for things to become that way.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:29 pm

Britte wrote:
In case you're trying to make me feel threatened, Im not. I used to walk away and say nothing when the minions came out of the woodwork, but, I refuse to be that person any longer. You can call me any names you want or throw a label on me. You are only revealing your true colors, through the anger you are showing.

Ok, let’s pretend I’m 5 years old. What are you saying?

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2017, 11:31 pm

Britte wrote:

No, my thoughts and feelings are the same as yours.

To be completely honest, I also felt SingleAspieDad was being taken advantage of.

I agree with you.

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2017, 11:33 pm

Britte wrote:

Everything is alright, Sweetheart. :heart:

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:35 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
Britte wrote:

No, my thoughts and feelings are the same as yours.

To be completely honest, I also felt SingleAspieDad was being taken advantage of.

I agree with you.

Taken advantage of how. You know, I s**t you not, I’m going to have an anxiety attack. I don’t know what is being implied.