Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 7:47 am

I was surprised when I read through much of the Autism Light blog ( http://autism-light.blogspot.com/ ) about the unsung heroes of families (celebrity and otherwise) with autistic children. One family which stood out was that of the late actor Bob Denver ("Gilligan's Island") and wife, Dreama, whose son, Colin Denver is autistic ( http://autism-light.blogspot.com/2013/1 ... enver.html ). Bob spent 21 years caring for his wife and son, and helped establish The Denver Foundation in honor of their son. The foundation operates in West Virginia and has a partnership with ResCare to meet the needs of special needs families in the community.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 7:56 am

That is interesting.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 10:10 am

Most of the autism activists seem to be parents of autistic kids and some of them are celebrities.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman