Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Sep 2017, 11:38 am

Hi all. I'm just back from 3 days in hospital (unexpected emergency 4am). When I look at my life, the last few months look like a series of bad dreams but really happening in the waking world. Much distress. I keep trying to fix my life - it's like playing tennis against Roger Federer.

Me: Fix.
Response: Wham! Backatcha!

Years ago I was in Jungian Therapy so I got used to that way of thinking. But it can be anything.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 1:35 am

All the best

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Sep 2017, 8:14 am

Thank you! :heart:

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 4:18 pm

Hope you are fully recovered or well on the way to a speedy and full recovery!

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Sep 2017, 4:35 pm

the_phoenix wrote:
Hope you are fully recovered or well on the way to a speedy and full recovery!

Thank you but I wish I could find out speedy and full recovery from what? There is some kind of reason that all this is happening - a Jungian could spot it, maybe.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 4:56 pm

Sometimes life is a bumpy road. A few years ago for me it felt like one thing after another. I am now at peace. Maybe as time goes by things will smooth out for you. Best of luck. Hope you feel better soon.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 5:13 pm

I've not adequately studied Jung to call myself a Jungian, nonetheless patterns and mystical connections(in the Jungian sense) often leap out at me. My mind has been in fog for years, and now that I'm sort of wandering out of it I've decided to focus inwards(haha) on those subconscious impulses I've been suppressing; The stuff that makes me weird in all the ways I like. Stuff I suppressed to pass as normal while knowing I couldn't possibly be. It seems in the Jungian tradition that one's own intuitive guidance is meant to lead them to highly individual methods of action and expression that parallel the somewhat new age concept of a 'fully realized being'. That is an intriuging path to explore. :)

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Oct 2017, 7:22 pm

My favourite story about Jung is this -

A prominent banker came, in great secrecy, to see the disgraced (at the time) CG Jung about a recurring nightmare, in which the banker was being chased by an enormous snake. Jung offered to go, with many psychological safeguards, back into the nightmare with the banker, who would speak to the snake. They did so, I think, under hypnosis.

Today, it's a common thing to go back into your own dream and find out what's going on.

The banker stood with Jung inside the dream, at a great distance from the snake.

"What do you want?" the banker called.

The snake answered, "Don't you know me? I was your pet when you were seven years old. We played wonderful games and had adventures. Why won't you play with me?"

There it was. The successful workaholic banker thought that play would ruin him. When he saw a form of play (his former pet snake, which had also grown large), the banker saw a menace to his successful life, i.e. a form of death. He was running for his life, only he had got life and death confused in his deep mind.

shadowself
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 7:43 pm

Young has a way with words that only seems to come to those who pursue truth avidly. He refuses to disregard ideas without examination or consideration, and seems to possess self-honesty.

One eye opened slowly, green and gold as sunlight in the woods. The cat said,"I am what I am. I would tell you what you want to know if I could, for you have been kind to me. But I am a cat, and no cat anywhere ever gave anyone a straight answer."

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 7:09 am

Claradoon wrote:
The successful workaholic banker thought that play would ruin him.
Sometimes I feel that way too. I often feel guilty for spending my time on nonproductive things.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Oct 2017, 7:24 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
The successful workaholic banker thought that play would ruin him.
Sometimes I feel that way too. I often feel guilty for spending my time on nonproductive things.

And your childhood pet, who is now the size of a fridge, was ... ?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 11:39 am

Yes, I like the very little I know of him.

"Grant me the authority of silence. Make sure I do not exist where I am not alive."
-Carl Jung prayer

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 11:56 am

I like Jungian theory.

If only Freud would have embraced Jung, instead of disavowing him!

How are you, Claradoon?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

03 Oct 2017, 3:16 pm

^ for KK and anybody who wants to know how I am. It's lovely of you to ask! I have just returned from the dentist who removed all my upper teeth. I sit here in my kitchen, bleeding and hoping Pharmacy will deliver painkillers today. Eating is out of the question, except maybe for sucking on chocolate bars.

My social workers are mad at me and one of them is coming in the morning to tell me off. I feel like an obedience poodle. I don't know what I've done wrong. The only thing they'll tell me is that I have a "pattern" (horrors!)

B19
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 3:40 pm

I hope your gum healing accelerates. Take care of you.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 4:33 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Hi all. I'm just back from 3 days in hospital (unexpected emergency 4am). When I look at my life, the last few months look like a series of bad dreams but really happening in the waking world. Much distress. I keep trying to fix my life - it's like playing tennis against Roger Federer.

Me: Fix.
Response: Wham! Backatcha!

Years ago I was in Jungian Therapy so I got used to that way of thinking. But it can be anything.

Penn and Teller wanted very much to do an episode of BS where they would bash Jungian "Philosophy" like a pinyatta at a Mexican kids birthday. I was looking forward to it. But Showtime kept them to safe and easy targets like ghost hunting, UFOs, Bigfoot, and creationists. Sigh.