Page 3 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jesuslover123
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Nov 2017, 2:18 am

Samurai Vader, Good St.cAugustine quote sir!

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Nov 2017, 6:10 pm

Anybody benefit through creative writing?

Informative link on creative writing:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_writing

fancy_plants
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm

I have a few notebooks lying around that have lists of book and short story ideas. Inspiration usually strikes me when I'm not sitting in front of the computer. I recently downloaded Ulysses for writing and it is amazing, it has Markup built in and it really helps to organize things exactly as I would in notebooks.
I enjoy history a lot, and love historical fiction, but writing it scares me a bit. I get so caught up in the details of making sure everything is accurate that I forget main points of the story and eventually lose the original idea. I also like sci-fi and mysteries.

fancy_plants
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Nov 2017, 7:01 pm

Here wrote:

Yes, I took four years of creative writing classes and it really helped to expand my skills, especially with dialogue which is something I struggle with the most. It helped to broaden my horizons on what I like to write.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 8:34 pm

Here wrote:

As in creative writing workshops? Yes, I took several in college, and I like to think it helped me hone my literary skills. The only drawback were mouthy, ill mannered fellow students who took glee in ripping apart the work of others just to be cruel. That could be soul shattering.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Nov 2017, 2:04 pm

Does anybody write about their sleep dreams?

I've personally written about dreams where I'm activity engaging in social-interaction. Many of these dreams are not directly based on actual experiences. Aspergers presents difficulties with social-interaction, it might just be helpful to write about dreams involving active participation with other people!

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2017, 11:00 am

Here wrote:
Does anybody write about their sleep dreams?

I have a notebook put aside for the sole purpose of writing down my dreams. That's part of my lucid dreaming programme from an early age. Also, I have a small voice recorder for the same purpose.

Eventually those notes and audio clips are rewritten on the computer.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 Nov 2017, 6:58 am

I've always hated writing due to bad hand-writing & my hand getting tired really fast & I also have a hard time figuring out how to get what I want to say into written or typed words due to my dyslexia. I s#cked at discussion questions on tests & typed essays for English class.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 12:03 pm

nick007 wrote:
I've always hated writing due to bad hand-writing & my hand getting tired really fast & I also have a hard time figuring out how to get what I want to say into written or typed words due to my dyslexia. I s#cked at discussion questions on tests & typed essays for English class.

Have you tried typing?

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 12:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Have you tried typing?

Excellent suggestion. I taught myself to type with KAZ software (I think it was called). It's easy to pick up, but the hard part is just practising enough to get "fluent". Now I can just stare at the screen and the words seem to flow from my brain to the page... fingers just clatter along in the background. Weird but true.
I can hardly write a thing the old-fashioned way.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 4:10 am

Trueno wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Have you tried typing?

Excellent suggestion. I taught myself to type with KAZ software (I think it was called). It's easy to pick up, but the hard part is just practising enough to get "fluent". Now I can just stare at the screen and the words seem to flow from my brain to the page... fingers just clatter along in the background. Weird but true.
Typing is a little better for me but I type the wrong letters sometimes or type the letters in the wrong places. I think it's due to my bad fine motor-skills & dyslexia. One great thing about typing is that it's alot easier for me to edit without having to rewrite everything.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 4:27 am

nick007 wrote:
Trueno wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Have you tried typing?

Typing is a little better for me but I type the wrong letters sometimes or type the letters in the wrong places. I think it's due to my bad fine motor-skills & dyslexia. One great thing about typing is that it's alot easier for me to edit without having to rewrite everything.

If you type on a computer key board, turn on the auto-correct, and that will help you catch misspellings.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2017, 5:03 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Trueno wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Have you tried typing?

If you type on a computer key board, turn on the auto-correct, and that will help you catch misspellings.
It helps sometimes but I sometimes get the wrong words.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm

I hate writing essays in school right now.