Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

samuraivader
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Sep 2017, 1:26 pm

I sometimes like to do some little writing.

Do you like to write?

Do you do serious writing?

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 1:31 pm

I do like to write, though I have trouble getting motivated to do so and sticking with one idea. I write a variety of things, but I especially like to write about people with autism and other disabilities.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2017, 2:37 pm

Yes but I only really post to my personal blog. I've tried to write fiction in the past and I've never been able get a good start let alone finish a single story. Actually, I've finished two or three stories in my whole life.

wariodude128
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2017, 3:21 pm

I really like to write. Stories that is. The problem is getting myself to not be distracted and actually do the writing. When I do though, that's when the magic happens. Also, I tend to write long stories. Which might explain why pretty much every time I post something, it turns into a wall of text.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 12:09 pm

If I have a story to tell, I will like to write. I hate being forced to write, for example, for a class.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Oct 2017, 12:26 pm

I used to write a lot of fiction or semi-fiction (veiled, transformed diaries) and enjoy it when I was at school. I also wrote poetry and song texts, the best were made just for fun.
Something happened during my twenties and now I can't do it any more :(

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 2:23 pm

Yes I do like to write. Have a sci-fi story I'm working on; sometimes it gets put away for several years then worked on for a few months then put away again.
In 8th or 9th grade in the 1970s I was in school library reading a book of Star trek short stories and there was one where at its beginning Enterprise came across an unidentified alien ship and comment was made "the ship was beautiful". Hmm, what would a beautiful ship design coming from my own being look like?
A couple weeks later I had settled on a style.
Okay, now it needs people and the people need a story: what kind of story would I like to read?

Over last couple years, and fairly intensely lately, have pulled out the yellowing loose leaf paper and assorted notes scattered here and there to work on it more diligently.
Am sloooooooooooowly transcribing it from that yellowing paper to non-yellowing electrons.
Discovered I really like writing and editing on the computer. :D
Program of choice is Open Office.

peregrina
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2017, 3:05 am

I am motivated to write only when I develop some sort of obsession about a particular topic or when something really inspires me. I like serious drama and fantasy.
I cannot be forced to write about things that I am not interested in.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2017, 11:16 am

I love writing. I'm trying to get my blog started and I'm also working on writing a fantasy series.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:25 am

Writing is difficult for me. Whenever I try to write something like an essay in my English class or whenever I try to write a story during my freetime, all that I can think about is the frustration of trying to write something as simple as a single sentence. *Sigh* It's hard, believe me...

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on October 4, 2017)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 1:50 pm

samuraivader wrote:
Do you like to write?

Do you do serious writing?

Yes.
Define serious.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Oct 2017, 2:02 pm

I write a (fairly) regular blog about a wide range of my interests, and also write both fiction and non fiction. But I sometimes find it difficult to keep focused.

When I write a blog article I prefer to block everything else out for an hour or so I can work intensely on it and select suitable images all in one sitting.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

MagicKnight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm

I write a lot. Do that all day. I'll write about anything, fiction, non-fiction, personal feelings... I just never show them to anyone.

The Gift
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Oct 2017, 7:57 pm

I love writing, provided I'm motivated enough to lock myself into my personal den and actually do it. When I'm actually writing, telling a story, I get excited. There are times where it gets to be too much for me. I also write do my best to write without outlines, so I try to let the characters take me for rides. I get to points where I have to "cool down" and carefully think about what might happen next, and the process repeats itself. Every line of dialogue is a clue, or even better, a cliffhanger. Oh, the suspense!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2017, 11:34 pm

I do love writing. I focus on writing short horror fiction, and have recently had a short story published in an anthology. I plan to get an anthology made up entirely of my preexisting short stories published hopefully in the near future. I love writing so much, that I've embraced the life of a starving artist just to do it (plus my wife tolerates me being broke all the time :lol: )

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2017, 3:33 pm

By late 2018, there may be a writing program that applies Artificial Intelligence (AI) that helps (not replaces) the writing process! Again, great writing is more of an art (human efforts) than an (AI-orientated) science.

UC Berkeley Professor Invents Word Processor to Catch Plot Holes in Writing:
http://www.dailycal.org/2017/10/04/uc-b ... g-process/