Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

wariodude128
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Sep 2017, 3:48 pm

Having all this writing and art stuff is all well and good. However, it all doesn't mean a thing if there isn't a way to sell the stuff you've made. For that, you need an agent. A real agent, mind you. A fake agent takes money up front while a real one only take a percentage of however much you make from selling your stuff. I happen to want to show off something I made to a certain company, but without an agent it would be unsolicited. So if anyone knows of where you could find an agent, especially one who often deals with people of the Autistic Spectrum, that would be amazing.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 8:05 pm

I tried looking up literary agents a while back, and only found a bunch of vanity press publishers who were interested just in bilking me.
Have you considered going the route of self publishing, such as on Amazon? I've recently gotten a short story published in an anthology on Amazon, called A Roll Of The Dice, and I plan to self publish an anthology of several of my short fiction in the near future.

wariodude128
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Sep 2017, 8:42 pm

Those were what I called "fake" agents. If one of the veterans had an idea of what to do, that would probably be really helpful.