Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Fraggle78
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2017, 5:22 pm

Hi,
I'm 39 from North West Wales and in the waiting process for an assessment. My Primary Mental Health Practitioner gave me AQ50 and EQ to fill in after all tries to progress failed during a CBT at the end of last year. The results were clear and she discussed my case with the Clinical Psychologist. He has agreed to place me on the waiting list for an ASD assessment. Well I am waiting - since January. My partner and I contact the department monthly but all they tell us is I am on the waiting list. Apparently since July marked as urgent.
I'm struggling at the moment. Struggling to find the right words to explain how I feel, because there is so much going on. I'll read through the forum and sometimes reply with thoughts and questions.
I hope to find a few answers to my questions.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2017, 5:36 pm

Welcome :D !

Fraggle78
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2017, 6:23 pm

TheAP wrote:
Welcome :D !

Thank you :)

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2017, 3:59 pm

Hi :) I just joined here too and I just read your post which is a bit strange, as we are the same age, and location in the world! I hope you get somewhere real soon as its hard waiting. I have not been diagnosed very long myself and Im just about come to terms with it!

thebelgradebelief
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

Welcome. Please feel free to ask questions, and I hope you find good answers for them.

High school student with Autism and ADHD.
Diagnosed 3/22/18.

Special Interest: The Beatles

Fraggle78
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2017, 2:30 pm

Babi dwr wrote:
Hi :) I just joined here too and I just read your post which is a bit strange, as we are the same age, and location in the world! I hope you get somewhere real soon as its hard waiting. I have not been diagnosed very long myself and Im just about come to terms with it!

Hi Babi dwr :) Diolch yn fawr a croeso :)
It is a pain here to have these long waiting times. Not sure if North Wales exists in the NHS - post code lottery :(
How long did you have to wait from referral to diagnosis?

Fraggle78
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Oct 2017, 2:31 pm

thebelgradebelief wrote:
Welcome. Please feel free to ask questions, and I hope you find good answers for them.

Thank you very much thebelgradebelief.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 3:44 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

Babi dwr
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Oct 2017, 7:41 am

Hey, yes its certainly 'the back of beyond' here! I think I must have been quite lucky though as it was actually only around 6 months that I waited to be seen. I think the process is exhausting and if Im honest the most help was just the validation, just knowing that what I was reading and using to 'help' myself was the right thing to do. It was actually waiting in the children system that caused me to end up in the adult one! Id probably never have known otherwise. Out the other side now the 'support' is basically find your way, find your own limits and be kind to yourself, use this forum lol and try not to avoid things. Im trying to get back to some kind of pre-diagnosis calm where ever I lost that, but its not easy. If you ever want a chat, your more than welcome :)

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 8:48 am

Hi I'm in Lincolnshire and it took 11 months, diagnosed 2 months ago. I was glad but it was also a shock because I thought the difficulty would be in convincing her there was a problem, but she highlighted several problems that I had not been aware of. It took 3 hours plus another hour a week later. She was very positive about how my life would improve with counselling from someone familiar in autism and with meeting other people who are aspie. None of her five recommendations have actually happened or are going to happen, so be aware this might be the same for you. It has left me feeling very low, in fact this forum is the first place I've found for me (at least I hope it is) the others including the NAS were for people caring for people with autism.

Voxish
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Oct 2017, 6:39 pm

Hello and welcome

BBC: Radio 4

Fraggle78
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2017, 5:54 am

Thank you very much Voxish, fluffysaurus, AnonymousAnonymous and Babi dwr.

I'm having a difficult week and struggling with replying at the moment. :?

Have a good weekend!

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 11:34 am

Hello. I'm from Canada and have Severe High Functioning Asperger's Syndrome. I am incontinent and I can do most things myself although I have a great deal of difficulty with workplace social situations. Actually, all social situations are a tremendous challenge for me. I'm incontinent due to medical and psychological reasons, toileting is another tremendous problem I've had since I was a kid. Public bathrooms used to give me severe anxiety but I no longer have to worry about them anymore now that I have been using adult diapers for several years now. I'm 42 now and I still feel like a child but with an IQ of 160ish.

I've been kicked out of preschool due to frustration, aggression and over-stimulation. I've also been kicked out of a private high school twice, for both grade 10 and grade 11. In adult life I've been fired 9 times from my jobs, been suspended twice, and I've quit my jobs (usually before I thought I would get fired) more then 30 times. Recently, I physically attacked a co-worker because he was making fun of me and I was fired. I react quite violently to bullying. Due to all of those socially challenging situations, I had a heart attack when I was 34.

I am looking at getting an Autism support dog to help me manage unpredictable social situations but I'm unsure of how to handle this in a workplace situation. I may have to kibosh that whole idea because of my job. I have also thought about committing myself to a mental health hospital because I feel that I can no longer support myself reliably. My anxiety and depression have catapulted over the past year and I feel like I can barely hang on to my sanity. I have struggled with self-harm, severe aggression and suicidal thoughts for more than 30 years.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)