Mothers Who Are on the Autism Spectrum

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

flibbit
Raven
Raven

30 Sep 2017, 11:38 pm

I posted an advert for a research survey of mine in another thread. Things are picking up and we're getting some good numbers of participants and we're already learning some interesting stuff.

However, I'm wondering specifically if there's any mothers on the autism spectrum over the age of 25 who haven't participated and would like to. It doesn't matter whether your kids are on the spectrum or not-- just that you have biological children (as opposed to adopted, since we're looking at issues of heredity). We just need some more autie mothers as a subgroup to participate. :)

:heart: Here's the link to the survey. :heart:

Thanks in advance and feel free to ask me any questions here in this thread, over PM, or via email (listed on the main page of the survey). :mrgreen:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 12:54 am

Difficulty entering answers - software not registering answers and defaulting back. Abandoned the effort.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

01 Oct 2017, 10:03 am

B19 wrote:
Difficulty entering answers - software not registering answers and defaulting back. Abandoned the effort.

Hmm, that's strange. What device were you using? Usually SurveyGizmo is pretty good at preventing these kinds of problems but maybe there's an interface their website has troubling handling.

Also, the vast majority of answers do require a response, so maybe you had skipped something and it wasn't allowing you to advance to the next page? (E.g., "Other, please specify" but you didn't specify anything in the space provided?) Unfortunately on some types of questions I can't tell the difference between a negative response and a lack of response, which is why I've required answers.

Sorry for the frustration! :(

flibbit
Raven
Raven

03 Oct 2017, 12:50 pm

Still looking for some more autistic mothers to participate. :D

flibbit
Raven
Raven

12 Oct 2017, 9:25 am

Bump. :mrgreen:

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:23 am

Unless you count cat mothers I can't help you.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

19 Oct 2017, 1:45 pm

Fern wrote:
Unless you count cat mothers I can't help you.

Alas! No adopted kids. ;) --I'm a cat mom too. I'm pretty sure he's also on the autism spectrum, haha.

But the survey is for anyone 25 years or older, so if you make the age cutoff please feel free to take the survey. :) I'm just specifically trying to drum up autistic mothers because it's a subgroup that's somewhat lacking and there's a particular analysis I'm needing them for.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

01 Dec 2017, 5:35 pm

Bump. :) Still looking for autistic moms to take part in the survey who haven't already. Thanks! :mrgreen:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 5:56 pm

Did it.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

04 Dec 2017, 9:53 am

League_Girl wrote:
Did it.

Thank you!! :mrgreen:

"There are surely other worlds than this -- other thoughts than the thoughts of the multitude -- other speculations than the speculations of the sophist. Who then shall call thy conduct into question? who blame thee for thy visionary hours, or denounce those occupations as the wasting away of life, which were but the overflowings of thine everlasting energies?" ~The Assignation, Edgar Allan Poe.

flibbit
Raven
Raven

04 Jan 2018, 7:39 pm

As of January 1st, we've stopped collection on the survey. We had an awesome response from WP and I'm starting to prepare the data for analysis. Looking forward to sharing the results in future!

Thanks again, everyone, for helping to make this happen. :D