Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

elbowgrease
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 2:44 pm

Nice!
I've thought about running as well. Thought about it off and on forever, but especially since the last election. I think I'm one month too young to qualify in the next election, and during my brief initial research, couldn't navigate the process of filing for candidacy.
I think traveling through the states and talking to as many people as possible, plus filming and posting those conversations on YouTube would be a good way to run.
I think transparency is an issue our government needs to address. Too much secrecy! I think that should be a key point in order for our society to progress.
Education, energy, agriculture reform. Jobs and crime.
Kind of in a nutshell.
How serious are you?
Good luck.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 3:31 pm

We need new and bold platforms to change the narratives of myths, stigmas and stereotypes that reinforce hate speech and discriminatory treatment toward neurodiverse people in the USA (and elsewhere), and your capabilities may be very well suited to this Ferralucce, and the more I think about it, the more I admire your plan.

Fortune, it is said, favours the bold. You have grown in my admiration for thinking outside the square and translating your idea into a concrete plan with a timeline. I hope you will be able to identify capable and articulate people from the AS community to provide good support and thoughtful input.

How about going for a really long shot and writing to Bill Gates, asking if he could make a donation to help with your costs? What have you got to lose, if he says no, nothing lost, and he just might respond with some help. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You have organisational skills and your lobbying skills will be refined the more you use them. Maybe AspieUtah would be willing to offer his skills and knowledge in the PR field, and I hope that there will be some active as well as passive support from some members of Wrong Planet, and that Alex may perhaps see the potential value in your plan and endorse it. This could be the snowball that grew.

It could also potentially be a showcase of AS talent - the gifted graphic designers we have could donate their talent in designing promotional material, the gifted writers could edit and refine draft material/speeches for you if you become too busy as the candidate, the left field thinkers could offer a bucket of fresh approaches to communicate your message, and potentially sympathetic people like Tony Attwood, Temple Grandin (?) might be approached for willingness to offer statements of support for your venture. You will need researchers, office help, and donations of time, talent, money and equipment perhaps. Perhaps you could open a thread here for people to outline what skills and talents they could and would willingly offer.

I think that deconstructing the destructive narratives would be a huge win - a monumental achievement - and that whatever your electoral support turns out to be. It will take a lot a courage, which you probably already possess along with vision for a better future.

I hope that the members with resources and skills to offer will get inspired by this and realise its potentials. You need a timeline and set of stepped goals, which you may already have, and an implementation plan.

I think it's an exciting vision that could grow and grow in other people can see what gains could be made. It's timely I think for collective action to show that we can be an effective force for change, I hope you can usher in that long overdue change.