Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2017, 10:07 pm

How many of you have a loved one with a different mental condition?
My best friend has treated depression and anxiety. My closest friend has anorexia and BPD. My mom has BP.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2017, 9:10 pm

I have a friend with anxiety.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2017, 4:59 pm

My one best friend most likely either has ASD or Social Communication Disorder. Another friend has OCD.

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Nov 2017, 8:45 pm

My girlfriend is on the spectrum & has OCD, anxiety, depression, social anxiety, Avoidant Personality Disorder, a stress illness, & is on the border of having BPD.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2017, 11:10 am

The only family member I have who like me has an actual mental health diagnosis (that I know of) is my older sister, who similarly suffers bouts of major depression and anxiety. I think she might have gone off her medication now. She told me recently that she's been wondering if she has BPD too, but knowing her - and briefly knowing someone in the services who did have BPD - I think she might be mistaken.
Other than that, I strongly suspect my older brother and one of my uncles might also have ASD. Particularly my uncle; but I doubt either of them understands enough or even wishes to look into it, they seem fairly content with their lives, so I keep silent on the matter.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2017, 1:50 am

My flatmate struggles with depression, ADHD and dissociation.

My good friend has complex PTSD and OCD.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2017, 1:03 pm

My mum has depression and PTSD.
One of my high school friends has OCD, one has anxiety as well as Asperger's, another has dyspraxia, and I have a couple of online friends who have been through depression.

Quille
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Dec 2017, 6:44 pm

I know i should not but i love when i meet someone with disorder or other diseases. And that really sucks because sometimes i feel like i treat friends with disorders like guinea pigs.
Anyway, i have a lot of friends with conditions. I have one somewhat close friend with aspergers and another close friend with adhd and borderline personality disorder, those are the closest ones

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 6:58 pm

Hmmm... well I know my ex has told me that he has chronic depression. A friend of mine is autistic with ADHD and I guess if my fiancé, Shadow, were to have be diagnosed with a condition it would be anti-social personality disorder/a sociopath with probably a bit of narcissism (but honestly his lack of care about people and his sadistic interests is a reason why I love him so much. Although unlike my MOTHER, Shadow really cares about me despite how prideful he is about himself). I know for him he's not liked by a lot of people, from his world and from mine. But we both love each other very much and we both share similar views with one another and we can both vent our hatred of humanity with each other.

Seeing Shadow cry....is probably the most depressing thing I ever experienced in my life.... If I were to somehow leave him. As he's told me, he'll make himself become non-existent out of severe depression and loneliness.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2017, 10:31 pm

my brother has severe OCD. he told me he had often desperately considered jumping off a bridge he takes on the way to the library, because of it.

I strongly suspect that he has Asperger's. along with another brother. They both have no time or money to get tested.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2017, 9:57 pm

My sister was diagnosed at the beginning of this month with Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2017, 1:50 am

My brother has Severe (very obstructive!) OCD - guess what today he completed and submitted his book that he was commissioned to do by a think tank, a year ago!

He is also a full time uni student

saimand
Raven
Raven

16 Jan 2018, 5:45 pm

Father has HFA, mother had cancer, brother has intellectual disability, severe cerebral palsy, cortical blindness and dozen of secondary dx that come along with it

Tibergrace
Raven
Raven

17 Jan 2018, 12:23 am

Not anymore.

Ironically, IRL I'm actually triggered by people who have mental illnesses of many types, because I was traumatized by a very f***ed up individual who was very messed up in the head and had a lot of issues. I would call them "high functioning crazy" because they were extremely intelligent, extremely good at hiding their f***ed-up-ness, and had no problems talking themselves out of psychiatric institutions whenever they would be forced into them. They also hated getting treatment, taking medications, or being stuck in psychiatric hospitals - viewed it as "worse than hell" and did anything necessary to avoid going back into the loony bin. They had diagnoses, but I would consider them void in that this person lies constantly and only got diagnoses in the process of lying, to get out of the psych ward as fast as possible.

For a time, while I was in psychosis caused by their continuous trauma over the course of years, I basically viewed them as a literal demon or supernatural evil entity. I'm not even religious, really. It was just the psychosis talking. I'm back to viewing them simply as someone who needs to be locked away for the safety of the public.

My father (haven't spoken with him in like 10 years and I hate his guts - would never call him a "loved one") was a bipolar alcoholic, and just in general a total wacko, but still nothing compared to my insane and abusive ex.

I don't mind interacting with mentally ill people online though :lol: