Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Oct 2017, 12:32 pm

I'm glad it went well with you and your dad. That is great.

I'm sure you'll be OK in your job, even if you did a bit poorly in the harassment course, as it's how you are doing the actual work that counts. And having a supportive person there is a fantastic thing.

Are you not in the least interested in dating anyone of either sex? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

300series
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 1:00 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
I'm glad it went well with you and your dad. That is great.

I'm sure you'll be OK in your job, even if you did a bit poorly in the harassment course, as it's how you are doing the actual work that counts. And having a supportive person there is a fantastic thing.

Are you not in the least interested in dating anyone of either sex? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Thanks, I am glad our conversation went well too. Tomorrow, I will see him for breakfast, which is something we always do every Sunday. I think we will have a good day tomorrow, now that he knows how he can make me more comfortable at his house.

I still have not found out how well I did on the sexual harassment course at the library. Maybe I will find out on Monday, when I go back to work. I think my requests are reasonable for how I prefer to take any future courses.

I am interested in dating a woman, but I am not really actively pursuing a relationship right now. I am also not really disappointed if I do not meet a woman. I am just very shy, quiet, and introverted, and it is hard to meet the right person; I am also nervous around women. My last girlfriend was the only person who ever showed any romantic interest in me before in my entire life; things started off well between us, but our relationship later turned out to be a disaster, and we broke up. I have never wanted to get married or have children, and I have concerns about getting a venereal disease. One more reason why I am not in a relationship is because I am happy with my life the way it is now, and I like my freedom & independence; being with a woman would change everything. I also do not want to have to deal with someone else's issues.

I have heard that work place romances never work out, and I think it just may be true. After taking the sexual harassment course, they may even be illegal. My place of work is the last place where I would want to meet someone.

I am feeling better after writing everything down; you have all really helped me out a lot.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:52 pm

If you have any doubts about your work allowing accommodations for training or anything else you need, take what was talked about in conversation with our supervisor, and than write a summary of the conversation. Send the summary of the conversation with a polite cover letter and send it via certified letter. A certified letter is proof that something took place so that it can't be denied later. Believe me, it'd get there attention and they'd be VERY nice to you going forward. If they ever violated those accommodations, there'd be the potential they'd lose a lawsuit against you (in a few years, because the drag out).

300series
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 2:50 pm

AspieSingleDad wrote:
If you have any doubts about your work allowing accommodations for training or anything else you need, take what was talked about in conversation with our supervisor, and than write a summary of the conversation. Send the summary of the conversation with a polite cover letter and send it via certified letter. A certified letter is proof that something took place so that it can't be denied later. Believe me, it'd get there attention and they'd be VERY nice to you going forward. If they ever violated those accommodations, there'd be the potential they'd lose a lawsuit against you (in a few years, because the drag out).

Thank you for the suggestion. If I ever have any more problems at my job in the future, then I will be sure to try this approach. They are required to read all of their certified letters.