Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Sofisol612
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2017, 1:06 pm

Now I´ve finally done those blood tests and I´ve comfirmed I don´t have celiac disease. Ironically, what I do have is high cholesterol, which is more common in overweight people. And I also have hypothyroidism, which is supposed to make me fat... This makes so little sense to me that I honestly think my body is a complete mystery.

Autism Quotient: 30
Aspie quiz: 123/200 aspie; 75/200 NT
RAADS: 135

amaz73
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Dec 2017, 4:46 pm

Sofisol612 wrote:
Now I´ve finally done those blood tests and I´ve comfirmed I don´t have celiac disease. Ironically, what I do have is high cholesterol, which is more common in overweight people. And I also have hypothyroidism, which is supposed to make me fat... This makes so little sense to me that I honestly think my body is a complete mystery.

I think that is better than having IBD because you still have some control over your health and more options for weight gain. Some people are shocked however it is common for thin and underweight people to have high cholesterol. I guess you need to eat more Cheerios and less eggs? Jokes aside I hear Metamucil works really well for shaving down high cholesterol.

I like mysteries...that I can solve.

Sofisol612
Raven
Raven

15 Dec 2017, 8:42 pm

amaz73 wrote:
Sofisol612 wrote:

I think that is better than having IBD because you still have some control over your health and more options for weight gain. Some people are shocked however it is common for thin and underweight people to have high cholesterol. I guess you need to eat more Cheerios and less eggs? Jokes aside I hear Metamucil works really well for shaving down high cholesterol.

I like mysteries...that I can solve.

Yes, you´re right. High cholesterol levels aren´t nearly as bad as IBD. And my doctor told me my cholesterol is not yet that bad as to need medication (it´s in the borderline range) but he said I´m too young and need to look after my circulatory system to prevent problems in the future. He said I have to stop eating chocolate (I´m kind of addicted to it and have a bar every evening after dinner) and reduce the fat in my diet. I´m more concerned about my thyroid, though: my GP said I´m very likely to need to take hormones for that, and I don´t know how to swallow pills (they make me want to throw up).

Autism Quotient: 30
Aspie quiz: 123/200 aspie; 75/200 NT
RAADS: 135

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:08 am

amaz73 wrote:
komamanga wrote:
amaz73 wrote:
Maybe some Aspies train themselves not to fart which leads to GI issues and it is all done by unintentional conditioning.

Oh that's so me!

So, are you constantly in pain? What's your story?

Not always but mostly. I'm bloated all the time because I conditioned myself not to fart if not in toilet. Generally even in toilet I have a hard time farting. It causes quite a bit of pain.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2017, 6:19 am

I have an aspie friend who wears diapers because he's incontinent. And I myself get vaginal discharge which is very common for many women. So sometimes I wear a panty liner to soak up the stuff that comes out. It's something, at least for me, that I cannot tell is happening until I check.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:14 pm

I never know what is going on with my body. I am always unaware when my periods start. I can go a long time without realizing it has come and then I leave a bloody mess everywhere until I discover it. I don't know if that is the same kind of thing.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2017, 7:27 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
I never know what is going on with my body. I am always unaware when my periods start. I can go a long time without realizing it has come and then I leave a bloody mess everywhere until I discover it. I don't know if that is the same kind of thing.

I have that problem too. It doesn't help that my periods are irregular, so tracking them to know when the next one should start doesn't work that well.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2017, 2:16 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

I have that problem too. It doesn't help that my periods are irregular, so tracking them to know when the next one should start doesn't work that well.

Same here. Recently, I was at school and one started and I didn't notice until my friend pointed it out. I had left a bunch of blood on the chair and I was humiliated.

When I was little, people even had to remind me to go to the bathroom.

amaz73
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2017, 5:06 pm

MariaTheFictionkin wrote:
I have an aspie friend who wears diapers because he's incontinent. And I myself get vaginal discharge which is very common for many women. So sometimes I wear a panty liner to soak up the stuff that comes out. It's something, at least for me, that I cannot tell is happening until I check.

What is vaginal discharge? You make it sound like uncontrollable projectile periods. I have never read about this happening. Are you anemic?

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 5:14 pm

amaz73 wrote:

What is vaginal discharge? You make it sound like uncontrollable projectile periods. I have never read about this happening. Are you anemic?

"Vaginal discharge serves an important housekeeping function in the female reproductive system. Fluid made by glands inside the vagina and cervix carries away dead cells and bacteria. This keeps the vagina clean and helps prevent infection. Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal."

No, I'm not anemic.... and no it isn't an uncontrollable projectile period. Just a normal female body function...

amaz73
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2017, 5:16 pm

TheSilentOne wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

Same here. Recently, I was at school and one started and I didn't notice until my friend pointed it out. I had left a bunch of blood on the chair and I was humiliated.

I never considered this and now that I think about it this makes sense. You would not know your period is coming if you lack body awareness. I have no idea if that is exclusive to Aspies, though. I feel like that could happen to any women, though.

I think many women have a humiliating period story. What do I know though.

amaz73
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2017, 5:22 pm

amaz73 wrote:

"Vaginal discharge serves an important housekeeping function in the female reproductive system. Fluid made by glands inside the vagina and cervix carries away dead cells and bacteria. This keeps the vagina clean and helps prevent infection. Most of the time, vaginal discharge is perfectly normal."

No, I'm not anemic.... and no it isn't an uncontrollable projectile period. Just a normal female body function...

Oh, kind of strange to attach such a cool name to a routine process. Very misleading...but I was close.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 5:25 pm

amaz73 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

I never considered this and now that I think about it this makes sense. You would not know your period is coming if you lack body awareness. I have no idea if that is exclusive to Aspies, though. I feel like that could happen to any women, though.

I don't know any woman who can "tell" when their period is happening hence why many keep a calendar and check off when the menstrual cycle is going to begin so they can start checking each day. Having irregular periods is a struggle though as it's hard to keep track of when the cycle is supposed to happen again as it's changes constantly and doesn't keep to a normal cycle around the same number of days after each period.

Usually I can "tell" when it's happening or becoming close to that time of the month as I tend to feel a slight strange sensation in my body and I notice the signs including when my body starts to go in its routine of occasional menstrual cramps and the like. But overall, periods are not something you can initially "tell" is happening right off the bat. It's a very vague feeling and isn't really like knowing when you have to urinate.

I personally don't experience a heavy flow right on the day when I start to "leak". When I go to the bathroom and wipe, I can tell I have began my cycle when I find a tiny amount of blood on the toilet paper.

amaz73
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2017, 5:41 pm

amaz73 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

I don't know any woman who can "tell" when their period is happening hence why many keep a calendar and check off when the menstrual cycle is going to begin so they can start checking each day. Having irregular periods is a struggle though as it's hard to keep track of when the cycle is supposed to happen again as it's changes constantly and doesn't keep to a normal cycle around the same number of days after each period.

Usually I can "tell" when it's happening or becoming close to that time of the month as I tend to feel a slight strange sensation in my body and I notice the signs including when my body starts to go in its routine of occasional menstrual cramps and the like. But overall, periods are not something you can initially "tell" is happening right off the bat. It's a very vague feeling and isn't really like knowing when you have to urinate.

I personally don't experience a heavy flow right on the day when I start to "leak". When I go to the bathroom and wipe, I can tell I have began my cycle when I find a tiny amount of blood on the toilet paper.

Haha, men and women keep a period calendar for totally different reasons. Serious question, do you have a mental filter? I'm not sure how you can just give all this information like this.

MariaTheFictionkin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2017, 5:46 pm

amaz73 wrote:
amaz73 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

Haha, men and women keep a period calendar for totally different reasons. Serious question, do you have a mental filter? I'm not sure how you can just give all this information like this.

Mental filter? Hmmm I don't know how I'd describe it. This is just how I process information from what I've learned from people, research and just my own experience -shrugs- It's just a way I type responses sometimes. I have been told that I have a very dull and formal way of writing when I'm trying to explain something... >_<

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2017, 7:02 pm

amaz73 wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:
TheSilentOne wrote:

I can't keep track well, because I am ridiculously irregular. I never recognize PMS symptoms in myself, I'm not even sure if I get them.