Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 3:40 am

Mother faces life in prison after 4-year-old with autism bound with 7 belts, set on fire in bathtub

Quote:
Firefighters found a lifeless child with his hands bound behind his back with several belts. The complaint says there was a garbage bag over his head. "The majority of his body was burned," the complaint says. Investigators learned the victim's body had been set on fire with the use of an unknown accelerant. A pet guinea pig was found drowned in its cage next to the tub, the complaint says. A bottle of canola cooking oil was located on the bathroom sink.

Police soon arrived, and learned the victim was four-year-old Antonio Di Stasio, who lived in the apartment with his mother, Amelia. She was not home when first responders arrived.

The complaint indicates the apartment's smoke detector had been removed and placed in water.

Investigators spoke with a witness, who lived in the apartment building at 17th and Grant. She said Amelia and Antonio had moved in two months prior, and said Amelia "wasn't friendly and kept to herself." She noted that on September 27th, one day before Antonio died, she heard Antonio say "Please, Mommy. Stop! I won't do it again." She said she heard Amelia yell "Shut up." On the morning Antonio died, she said she heard "a banging noise" coming from Amelia's apartment unit.

The complaint indicates a search of Amelia Di Stasio's phone revealed searches for "how do canabals (sic) die" and "how to kill a canabal (sic)" from September 28th. The cell phone search also revealed a message board dedicated to an online game billed as a "horror survival game" in which players fight cannibals. The message board "detailed the ways to kill cannibals within the game," and recommended the first way was to "kill it with fire." Additionally, it discussed how in the game, cannibals "like to bathe in oil."

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 10:48 am

I didn't click-on / read the article----but, first-of-all, what a HORRIBLE death (to be burned-alive); and secondly, it seems the mother might have been schizophrenic (NOT that that excuses her, but, may, possibly, EXPLAIN her).

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 3:03 pm

It's heart rending to know that while you need a license to drive or to own a gun, any psycho can be a parent.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 4:38 pm

I hope that wretched little black heart gets life in prison.