Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2017, 3:49 am

Autism-Related Panels, Exhibition, Talkbacks Set for Tectonic's UNCOMMON SENSE at The Sheen Center

Quote:
Tetonic Theater Project and The Sheen Center for Thought & Culture have announced an array of programs to accompany the New York premiere of Uncommon Sense, written by Anushka Paris-Carter and Andy Paris and directed by Andy Paris, produced by Tectonic Theater Project under the artistic direction of Moisés Kaufman.

Inspired by true stories of people living on the autism spectrum, Uncommon Sense weaves together the four personal journeys of Dan, Jess, Moose, and Lali - as well as their families and friends - as it reveals our universal challenges with "difference," our desire to connect, and the lengths to which we go for the people we love. Uncommon Sense embraces all audiences, from those finally seeing their experiences reflected on the stage, to those peering into the autism world for the very first time.

Through a panel entitled Autism and Faith: Animating Hope (November 5), weekly Saturday talkbacks (November 4, 11, 18, 25), and the exhibit Autistic License: The Art of Pure Vision(on view October 25 - November 26), audiences and community members can further engage with the realities of life on the autism spectrum that are reflected in this revelatory work of theater.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman