Report into Autism Services in state of Victoria, Australia

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 8:31 pm

Money laundering laws are more "flexible" here and it has been a huge problem - Chinese money is washed via inflated prices paid for real estate. The now gone government denied it (of course) and bribes were no doubt paid for that denial, to some of our highest officials.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 9:27 pm

This is actually a major issue the media won't touch (probably because of the government backlash)

Go to any Melbourne suburb and you will find small little shops (for example small goods) that have no customers, selling products that nobody is seeming to buy, yet the shops seem to operate during business hours and never go out of business.

No guesses for wondering who buys such apparently unprofitable stores, especially in quiet shopping malls.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 10:17 pm

When I was in Melbourne, I stayed in Little Collins street, and was amazed to notice that there were a proliferation of high end jewellery shops which didn't appear to have any customers throughout my entire stay. (Pattern spotting aspie!! !)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 1:13 am

B19 wrote:
When I was in Melbourne, I stayed in Little Collins street, and was amazed to notice that there were a proliferation of high end jewellery shops which didn't appear to have any customers throughout my entire stay. (Pattern spotting aspie!! !)

Yes the rent on Collin street is exorbitant enough