Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 8:19 am

What was the most ridiculous way you were ever rejected? I'll start:
I just asked some kid's Mom how her son was doing. She tried to tell me he moved back to California when we actually attended the same school - she didn't know I was mainstreamed yet and figured I wouldn't run into him. He wasn't really that big of a deal and had the IQ of a small cheese sandwich. Just because I asked how he was didn't mean I wanted to marry him. I was looking for a date for a dance. Yeh, cheddar on toast didn't even attend. I had the ba**s to go alone which I NEVER did again. Big mistake! :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 9:34 am

I've been rejected countless times. Sometimes for utterly ridiculous reasons.

Screw those idiots!

I know I am the Wolfman....and I'm satisfied with that....

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 12:42 pm

Like kraftiekortie I faced more rejection than I care to mention. The only person who was upfront with me told me she wasn't interested in me because I was too much like her ex-husband. I politely tried to point out where she was totally off base (I sounded nothing like him) to which she said "you don't need to defend yourself". At least she was polite about it.

The worst non-dating rejection was when I captained a co-ed dodgeball team. Everyone smiled and said they were on board for the next season and I got an email the very next day saying that 3-4 regulars decided to join another team and the reasons they chose everyone but me were laughable: what a kick in the balls that was. If they had a problem with me they could have talked to me like an adult but I have learned mature adults are in short supply.

I was also recently blacklisted for bailing on my hockey team the day of a game. I even emailed and explained my wife was in serious condition in the ER the second I could. I don't know what else I could have possibly done: I even offered to make it up to the team to no avail. The same guy posts about how he cannot find any reliable players a couple of weeks later. No $@^# wonder!! He never even had the decency to return my message.

In short, most people suck.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 1:54 pm

Ghosting is the worst I've had.

Most men have said something along the lines of, sorry, but we're just friends.

No horrific stories thankfully. Just a long list of silences and nos.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2017, 3:14 pm

I think I'll go with the guy who never officially rejected me, even though we had done things together and were clearly headed in a romantic direction. But after one awkward situation it seems he made incorrect assumptions about what I wanted or liked. Since we had mutual friends I ran into him after he had started seeing someone else. He greets me as a great old friend and tells me all about her, describing her with all the traits he incorrectly was assuming I did not have, as if we had mutually agreed those were things I knew were not a part of me and that I did not want to be a part of me. Just because in the one awkward situation they weren't.

I proved him wrong a bunch of years later, after his relationship had broken. He was shocked hearing me describe the relationship I had at the time, because it was everything he had assumed I wasn't interest in. I loved the look on his face.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:40 am

Too many times to remember, when i was younger and more immature it was harder to deal with, but as i got older i just stopped caring why and just move on to the next profile.

You have to remember that people on dating is pretty much what is left, and i for one rather be lonely that with some of those mental freakshows i've encountered over the years.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:51 am

lol. Want me to make a list? I might be able to hit 100. Maybe 1000.

With the technology age people don’t have to give an excuse now, which is fine, but sometimes doesn’t help with confusion.

I’ve rejected countless people as well, seems to be something that’s unavoidable.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:58 am

Actually the worst one was the one who sent all the signals that he is into me, but it was just a confusing mess. Neither of us have ever directly rejected the other, but it goes nowhere.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 3:11 am

hurtloam wrote:
Actually the worst one was the one who sent all the signals that he is into me, but it was just a confusing mess. Neither of us have ever directly rejected the other, but it goes nowhere.

Some people can’t make up their mind whether they like you or not. I’ve had weird people follow and unfollow me countless times over the years. Message you then the next day delete you. If people can’t have an opinion without being influenced constantly by their friends, they really aren’t worth knowing.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 3:20 am

hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Some people can’t make up their mind whether they like you or not. I’ve had weird people follow and unfollow me countless times over the years. Message you then the next day delete you. If people can’t have an opinion without being influenced constantly by their friends, they really aren’t worth knowing.

This is a real life situation. It's Not quite the same. We've known each other for 10 years and we move in the same social circles so can't completely avoid each other.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 3:41 am

hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

This is a real life situation. It's Not quite the same. We've known each other for 10 years and we move in the same social circles so can't completely avoid each other.

Perhaps he has anxiety and wants to date you but keeps finding excuses in his head why it won't work. Have you tried being really forwards and persistent with him?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 4:06 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

Perhaps he has anxiety and wants to date you but keeps finding excuses in his head why it won't work. Have you tried being really forwards and persistent with him?

I sent him a text message inviting him to a gig and he ignored me. I think that's pretty direct.

But he still stares at me like a lost puppy. I wish he wouldn't if he isn't interested. It's weird.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 6:53 am

hurtloam wrote:
Ghosting is the worst I've had.

Ghosting would hurt anyone. I experienced my fair share of it back when I used online dating sites (which I thankfully don't anymore). Even just saying "no" is less painful than that.

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2017, 7:11 am

hurtloam wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

I sent him a text message inviting him to a gig and he ignored me. I think that's pretty direct.

But he still stares at me like a lost puppy. I wish he wouldn't if he isn't interested. It's weird.

Kiss him and tell him you have feelings for him.

Ask if he has feelings for you. :)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 7:12 am

ShyGirl7 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

We don't live in a chick flick. People don't do that in real life unless they're drunk.

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Oct 2017, 7:17 am

hurtloam wrote:
ShyGirl7 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

We don't live in a chick flick. People don't do that in real life unless they're drunk.

Actually people sometimes do it when they really care about someone.

It's not unheard of. :D

But really, you should kiss him if you like him, and just be honest about your feelings.

You two could have lots of time to spend together.

Sometimes guys just need to know the other person truly wants them.

If he's waiting for a cue - this would be the perfect one. :heart: