Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 9:49 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Maybe he comes across as uninteresting. The world is not divided into ugly and non ugly looking people. Most of the time he’s probably average looking and seems boring so she pushes next.

Like I said, a faceless aspie man who I have a love/hate friendship with can make people obsessed with him without having a photo up.

Dating sites as a woman are usually just pushing next next next until someone stands out. We get so many messages that getting to know each person would take all day. I once swiped through 200 guys on tinder before swiping right. They weren’t “ugly”, they just seemed boring to me. I’m not interested in sports, holding up fish, drinking beer and surfing.

Online dating is skewed. Women receive 100 times the interest as they do in real life. It’s like flicking through a novel you’re told you have 60 seconds to read. I seriously would NOT recommend it for any average guy.

Boo is going to have a field day with this.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 9:53 am

Do you not have your own opinion? Disagree with it? Let’s hear it.

Boo is an antagonist, he’d have a field day with most of the posts here.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Nov 2017, 9:55 am

Sometime World wrote:
If a man is repeatedly ghosted it means he's ugly.

Ghosting means a female has shown zero enthusiasm to get to know you at all. All your other traits mean nothing, even if you know she's got shared interests. And for men that aren't too fat, too skinny, or not poor, it's hard to understand why women don't like your looks. If this repeatedly happens for years then I understand why some men become unstable. Look at the video I posted earlier and his reaction to ghosting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy5EJVAP6Cs

Me if ghosted? I just move on rather than result to tic-tack insults or tantrums. I don't focus on one woman or "oneitis" like I used to in my teens / early-mid 20's. Just remember that she sits on a toilet bowl like the rest of us, she's not special and plenty of other women are nicer and prettier. That's how I deal with it.

Well, no, it doesn't mean that. Not everyone is going to be 100% accepted by someone they're interested in 100% of the time, no matter how "conventionally attractive" they seem.

It's so much more than just looks and interests. I stick to dating sites where you can answer questions and get match percentages. If someone messages me, I look at their profiles, what questions they've answered, and other indicators to see if we'd really be a good fit before deciding whether or not to reply. I've turned down guys who I considered to be absolutely gorgeous because our morals differed too much, we didn't have the same relationship goals, we didn't see eye-to-eye on important topics like religion/politics, or we had different communication needs.

I wouldn't call what happened to that guy "ghosting", but rather being rejected just based off of first impressions. I feel bad for him because he clearly didn't expect it, but insulting all of those girls was uncalled for.

That's a pretty negative way to look at women who aren't interested in you. Also, saying "she's not special and plenty of other women are nicer and prettier" is definitely reacting with a "tic-tack insult". It's much healthier to have a mindset of something like, "Rejection hurts, but it's okay because I just wasn't what this person was looking for." It's not easy to develop that mindset, since anger or wanting to hurt in return is a natural reaction to pain, but it feels so much better when you do get there.

Sometime World
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2017, 9:59 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Maybe he comes across as uninteresting. The world is not divided into ugly and non ugly looking people. Most of the time he’s probably average looking and seems boring so she pushes next.

Like I said, a faceless aspie man who I have a love/hate friendship with can make people obsessed with him without having a photo up.

Dating sites as a woman are usually just pushing next next next until someone stands out. We get so many messages that getting to know each person would take all day. I once swiped through 200 guys on tinder before swiping right. They weren’t “ugly”, they just seemed boring to me. I’m not interested in sports, holding up fish, drinking beer, rap music, taking photos giving the middle finger and surfing.

Online dating is skewed. Women receive 100 times the interest as they do in real life. It’s like flicking through a novel you’re told you have 60 seconds to read. I seriously would NOT recommend it for any average guy.

You said, in your own words, online dating is not recommended for the 'average' guy. Which means it's worthwhile for handsome guys. Yes?

But earlier in the same paragraph you said the world isn't divided into ugly and non-ugly people, i.e. good looking and non-goodlooking or ugly men (to you). :mrgreen:

I don't even....

Quote:
Dating sites as a woman are usually just pushing next next next until someone stands out.

Yes. Clickity click until you come across someone who's FACE and LOOKS you like. It doesn't matter if their holding up a fish or interested in one sporting event or not. The selling point was LOOKS.

I don't even...

I'll just leave it at...

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 10:07 am

hale_bopp wrote:

I have no interesting in dating sites so I don't have much investment here. I'm well aware that physical appearances aren't the be-all-end-all of dating, though on dating sites people have little to work with other than some photos and a bio so appearances are likely to play a rather large part. No way to naturally form bonds before developing an interest for something more.

I can't agree or disagree on why you swipe men left; it's your brain, not mine.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 12:35 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Dating sites as a woman are usually just pushing next next next until someone stands out. We get so many messages that getting to know each person would take all day. I once swiped through 200 guys on tinder before swiping right. They weren’t “ugly”, they just seemed boring to me. I’m not interested in sports, holding up fish, drinking beer and surfing.

Boo is going to have a field day with this.

Oh....but she is right, in this post at least. I always knew it this how women use dating sites; it doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 12:38 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Muhahaha.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:48 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
No one "doesn't know how to respond".

This is a plain stupid excuse.

I'm guessing it's fear. Fear if making a mistake. Fear of commitment. Fear of looking stupid.

Most of the time, it’s fear of backlash.

What do you mean by backlash, that the person you open up to will respond in a mean way?

Often people would rather ghost someone than tell them why they aren’t interested in them, out of fear of them getting angry or annoyed.

Could just tell them then ghost them and avoid any such backlash while treating them like a human being. Like how you’d like to be treated but most people don’t remember the golden rule.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:53 pm

Sometime World wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

Dating sites as a woman are usually just pushing next next next until someone stands out. We get so many messages that getting to know each person would take all day. I once swiped through 200 guys on tinder before swiping right. They weren’t “ugly”, they just seemed boring to me. I’m not interested in sports, holding up fish, drinking beer, rap music, taking photos giving the middle finger and surfing.

You said, in your own words, online dating is not recommended for the 'average' guy. Which means it's worthwhile for handsome guys. Yes?

But earlier in the same paragraph you said the world isn't divided into ugly and non-ugly people, i.e. good looking and non-goodlooking or ugly men (to you). :mrgreen:

I don't even....

Quote:
Dating sites as a woman are usually just pushing next next next until someone stands out.

Yes. Clickity click until you come across someone who's FACE and LOOKS you like. It doesn't matter if their holding up a fish or interested in one sporting event or not. The selling point was LOOKS.

I don't even...

I'll just leave it at...

The world isn’t divided into ugly and non ugly people. Because “hot” guys get more replies, doesn’t make the rest “ugly”. But the so called “ugly” people just don’t often stand out. A message or profile blurb can make all the difference. They still get interest for being intelligent or interesting.

I’ve swiped no to heaps of apparently hot guys for seeming boring, or people I cannot relate to. The pushing “next” was on a dating site where you scrolled through messages. “Hi” next “how r u” next etc.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 04 Nov 2017, 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 4:55 pm

MarissaKay wrote:
Sometime World wrote:
If a man is repeatedly ghosted it means he's ugly.

Ghosting means a female has shown zero enthusiasm to get to know you at all. All your other traits mean nothing, even if you know she's got shared interests. And for men that aren't too fat, too skinny, or not poor, it's hard to understand why women don't like your looks. If this repeatedly happens for years then I understand why some men become unstable. Look at the video I posted earlier and his reaction to ghosting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy5EJVAP6Cs

Me if ghosted? I just move on rather than result to tic-tack insults or tantrums. I don't focus on one woman or "oneitis" like I used to in my teens / early-mid 20's. Just remember that she sits on a toilet bowl like the rest of us, she's not special and plenty of other women are nicer and prettier. That's how I deal with it.

Well, no, it doesn't mean that. Not everyone is going to be 100% accepted by someone they're interested in 100% of the time, no matter how "conventionally attractive" they seem.

It's so much more than just looks and interests. I stick to dating sites where you can answer questions and get match percentages. If someone messages me, I look at their profiles, what questions they've answered, and other indicators to see if we'd really be a good fit before deciding whether or not to reply. I've turned down guys who I considered to be absolutely gorgeous because our morals differed too much, we didn't have the same relationship goals, we didn't see eye-to-eye on important topics like religion/politics, or we had different communication needs.

I wouldn't call what happened to that guy "ghosting", but rather being rejected just based off of first impressions. I feel bad for him because he clearly didn't expect it, but insulting all of those girls was uncalled for.

That's a pretty negative way to look at women who aren't interested in you. Also, saying "she's not special and plenty of other women are nicer and prettier" is definitely reacting with a "tic-tack insult". It's much healthier to have a mindset of something like, "Rejection hurts, but it's okay because I just wasn't what this person was looking for." It's not easy to develop that mindset, since anger or wanting to hurt in return is a natural reaction to pain, but it feels so much better when you do get there.

Don’t trust OkCupid’s match %
Read their profiles if you actually want to see if they match. A lot of people including me answered those a long time ago. I answered most of them when I was 17/18 so 11/12 years ago. I sometimes see some and I’m like lol why’d I answer that way. Other times I know I answered how I thought specific women would want it answered. So those match percentages are worthless and not relate to how you’d actually match with someone. They fun to read but I don’t take them seriously as a lot of women’s answers contradict their profiles.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 2:46 pm

Sometime World wrote:
Some asinine reasons I've been rejected:

- looking younger than my actual age
- not having a beard / facial hair
- not being 6 foot tall, (apparently 5'9 > 5'10 was "too short")
- not having the right hairstyle
- liking Radiohead and old-fashioned prog-rock and not pop or club music like Ministry of Sound
- not having a car
- being too thin (134lbs age 21) by a woman that was all of 105lbs herself
- not having friends (apparently that made me either anti-social, closeted gay or a serial killer)
- not wanting to get involved in physical fights with other men
- not being a loud, extrovert, lager-drinking, club-going, Rugby-playing lads lad
- working a basic job in a supermarket and not white collar professional

and the most laughable *drum roll*....wearing a orange t-shirt onetime 8O

Well you automatically reject women if they aren't perfectly skinny and fit and are even angry if they message you because how dare they think the could have possibly had a chance with someone so physically perfect as you. So what is wrong with you getting automatically rejected for those reasons?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 5:52 pm

Wish fat women would message me