How many Trump supporters can be persuaded?

Page 7 of 9 [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 6:47 pm

They can support whoever they want. I just want them to be persuaded to stop acting like jerks.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
They can support whoever they want. I just want them to be persuaded to stop acting like jerks.

I think you've got that backwards.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 7:33 am

You mean they can be jerks to whoever they want? That's hardly an improvement.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 8:21 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 12:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
'Aww, it's not my fault I killed millions of people with this gun, someone else had the gun before me...' Get a bloody grip!! ! Forget the treason part too did you?
Yes, he was a white supremacist who wanted blacks sent back to Africa, he used the slavery issue as propaganda.
See things get twisted out of proportion as time goes by, it'd be like saying the Iraq war was because Saddam had WMD'S. But luckily people are starting to learn.

What sources support your view of Lincoln? Please, legitimate sources, not any of that pro Confederate and secessionist BS. That stuff is entirely pseudo history written to support a white supremacist narrative.

I couldn't find the speech, I remember posting it before when we were speaking about it though.

I truthfully don't doubt that Lincoln had said something like that... at one time, as he had entertained that notion. But he changed and grew as a President and as a human being so that by the end of his life he had reversed those ideas. So Lincoln's legacy of liberty is what really matters in the end.

The truth should matter, not this Hollywood fantasy version of him.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 1:21 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:
'Aww, it's not my fault I killed millions of people with this gun, someone else had the gun before me...' Get a bloody grip!! ! Forget the treason part too did you?
Yes, he was a white supremacist who wanted blacks sent back to Africa, he used the slavery issue as propaganda.
See things get twisted out of proportion as time goes by, it'd be like saying the Iraq war was because Saddam had WMD'S. But luckily people are starting to learn.

What sources support your view of Lincoln? Please, legitimate sources, not any of that pro Confederate and secessionist BS. That stuff is entirely pseudo history written to support a white supremacist narrative.

I couldn't find the speech, I remember posting it before when we were speaking about it though.

I truthfully don't doubt that Lincoln had said something like that... at one time, as he had entertained that notion. But he changed and grew as a President and as a human being so that by the end of his life he had reversed those ideas. So Lincoln's legacy of liberty is what really matters in the end.

The truth should matter, not this Hollywood fantasy version of him.

Are you denying that in his final speech he had said voting rights would be extended to blacks?

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2017, 2:32 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

That's not going to happen because they support the ultimate jerk so many of them act like him.

I know what you mean though. There are bad apples in every group. Neurotypicals just suck in general a lot of times but the Trump supporters are often the worst. People say Justin Bieber fans are horrid..well they are Justin Bieber fans x 100 just in a different way I suppose.
One I encountered told me they were going to block me and called me a moron. There was another that laughed at me and used my own words against me saying oh well you're messed up in the brain so you don't know what you're talking about. They also said that it wasn't a big deal that I missed my house like I was just a whiner. Ironic considering who you support. Who has all the money handed to them and the job they wanted and is still complaining? Then there was another who acted like he was nice and wanted to see my point of view so I gave him a chance you know. I told him my story about how I was having trouble getting a job (this was when I was unemployed still) and he said something like "well if you have trouble doing certain things then of course no one is going to want to hire you why would they need you?" I mentioned to him about Trump doesn't have a filter either but he gets away with it and he was like "well of course that's okay because he is a businessman so he is worth more than you" This is actually very true and what I was already saying in my head but the way he said it was implying that he was okay with it and that I deserved to be unemployed because I am not neurotypical and not financially blessed.
I've had some awful people in my day but it takes a special kind of ignorance to tell someone they are not worth anything when they're already struggling simply because they have unique brain wiring.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 3:54 pm

EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

No I mean it seems that the non-supporters have been the ones acting like jerks verbally and physically attacking supporters. Put another way, would you feel safe going out in public wearing something pro-trump or would you expect to get ganged up on and attacked?

My point exactly. They ought to stop doing that.

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Nov 2017, 4:31 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Oh. Not denying there aren't bad apples in every group like I said but those aren't necessarily anti Trump people. Most of those are probably anarchists.

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

07 Nov 2017, 5:28 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

And they wouldn't stop doing it because of the leftist media continuing to push out the Anti-Trump Propaganda saying he did this or did that or saying "That's offensive" or "That'll ruin America." He is actually doing the right thing so far.

As far as him acting like he's a jerk is because other people are acting like jerks. It's a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I thought at first he was offensive to me, but when I watch the conservative news on Youtube, he really wasn't. The leftist media tries to think like he is being serious when really he isn't. The reason behind why Trump won the election in the first place is because of Hillary lying, the email scandal, and most of all NTs are waking up to the fact that there is a major problem from the Democrats side because of Hillary being there and the history behind her and Bill's mischevious schemes and the Fake leftist News. Do I still watch Youtube videos on people from the left? Yes, not as often because of them still bringing information on how bad Trump is and how bad it's going to be for this country. I know people still might change their mind on voting Trump again in 2020. I get that, but I do believe that Trump will win again in 2020 if the Democrats keep up with their schemes. If you watch some conservative news you'll have a different opinion. You'll also see how bad some of the leftists are. It's unbelievable.

The hate groups Antifa, Far Right, Far Left, whatever it's called, are there for the same reason, brainwashed by leftist media. Thanks to George Soros.

Trump is much different if you look at the conservative side of things. That is what the majority of people look up to.

Even though I'm autistic myself, I double check to make sure the information is factual as it can be and not information that can be brainwashing.

Lastly, Conservatives are there for balancing. They are looking for common ground. Watch a PragerU video on youtube on why a pay raise to $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad idea or on the Civil War and Slavery.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 6:38 pm

jikijiki53 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

And they wouldn't stop doing it because of the leftist media continuing to push out the Anti-Trump Propaganda saying he did this or did that or saying "That's offensive" or "That'll ruin America." He is actually doing the right thing so far.

As far as him acting like he's a jerk is because other people are acting like jerks. It's a joke. It was not meant to be taken seriously. I thought at first he was offensive to me, but when I watch the conservative news on Youtube, he really wasn't. The leftist media tries to think like he is being serious when really he isn't. The reason behind why Trump won the election in the first place is because of Hillary lying, the email scandal, and most of all NTs are waking up to the fact that there is a major problem from the Democrats side because of Hillary being there and the history behind her and Bill's mischevious schemes and the Fake leftist News. Do I still watch Youtube videos on people from the left? Yes, not as often because of them still bringing information on how bad Trump is and how bad it's going to be for this country. I know people still might change their mind on voting Trump again in 2020. I get that, but I do believe that Trump will win again in 2020 if the Democrats keep up with their schemes. If you watch some conservative news you'll have a different opinion. You'll also see how bad some of the leftists are. It's unbelievable.

The hate groups Antifa, Far Right, Far Left, whatever it's called, are there for the same reason, brainwashed by leftist media. Thanks to George Soros.

Trump is much different if you look at the conservative side of things. That is what the majority of people look up to.

Even though I'm autistic myself, I double check to make sure the information is factual as it can be and not information that can be brainwashing.

Lastly, Conservatives are there for balancing. They are looking for common ground. Watch a PragerU video on youtube on why a pay raise to $15 an hour minimum wage is a bad idea or on the Civil War and Slavery.

If Trump is polite on conservative shows and videos, it's only because that's his base. And even if his rudeness and vulgarities are an act, that's no way for the President to behave. The Oval Office isn't a reality TV show.
As far as doing the right thing - giving people in coal country false hope, all the while turning the clock back in alternative energy development helps no one but China, which is moving forward to replace us in that field.
The people he chose to head various departments, such as the EPA, and education, are jokes.
His healthcare scheme is motivated by his narcissistic need to erase Obama's name and accomplishments from the public record, even if that means leaving millions of Americans with zero access to health care.
Empowering the real hate groups of the Alt Right is nothing short of deplorable. By the way, if you're down on Antifa, you can thank Trump and the Alt Right for their birth, as Trump and friends are the only reason why Antifa even exists.
As for conservative stances on slavery and the Civil War - - are you talking about Neo-Confederate revisionism? Because as one who has earned a degree in history, I can tell you that revisionism is a crock of sh*t.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 9:24 pm

jikijiki53 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Yeah! It's all their fault! Let's blame everything on them! Because taking responsibility for your own actions is a liberal idea! /sarcasm
jikijiki53 wrote:

Exactly! If PragerU yes says something it must be true! Raising the minimum wage will cause a major depression, just like what happened every other time they raised the minimum wage.

The liberals should just lay off Donald Trump because criticising the president is unamerican! /sarcasm

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2017, 10:19 pm

Nickchick wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Oh. Not denying there aren't bad apples in every group like I said but those aren't necessarily anti Trump people. Most of those are probably anarchists.

No. Not anarchists. Everyday people out on the street in a neighborhood. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about and you're just obfuscating.

But I understand it I think. A lot of people got deeply sucked into liberalism and now they feel like the movement is crumbling (which it is) and they are angry and frightened.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 2:23 am

EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

No. Not anarchists. Everyday people out on the street in a neighborhood. I think you know exactly what I'm talking about and you're just obfuscating.

But I understand it I think. A lot of people got deeply sucked into liberalism and now they feel like the movement is crumbling (which it is) and they are angry and frightened.

No, we're not worried about liberalism crumbling, we're worried about the rise of populist fascism replacing actual conservatism.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2017, 3:19 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

No, we're not worried about liberalism crumbling, we're worried about the rise of populist fascism replacing actual conservatism.

So what is this "populist fascism" supposed to realistically entail? I mean the most likely realistic scenario, not an over exaggerated Mussolini Hitler Nazi Germany all over again scenario.

Nickchick
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Nov 2017, 10:36 am

EzraS wrote:
Nickchick wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

I do. Have you considered that maybe *some* are also posers. They just want you to believe that they are left. People are sometimes paid to do things like that, probably even happens more often in the political world because politics can be just nasty.

In any case it doesn't change the fact that the other side is guilty too.
Also while what they are doing is not right, there wasn't as much of this before Trump was president. People are scared so they sometimes act irrational and not scared of liberalism leaving. They have real fears. They never did this stuff when Bush was president. They did not like him and blamed him for 9-11 sure but they didn't act out in this extreme.
This is because Trump is to blame. He may not have pulled the trigger but the words he uses condones violence. Let's not forget even as recently as a few months ago he shunned that side but failed to say anything about the Nazis. It wasn't until later where they prepared a speech for him to say so he only did it because he was told to. When he failed to shun them it was a Freudian slip.

Now before you say nah you say that because you're anti Trump/left, I have been a fan of certain musicians and I would get ashamed by the fanbase so I'm not one to support my side. I also find women to be awful just as much as men if only in a different way. For once my side isn't the main problem. There are bad apples but none as bad as the one in the White House.

I don't know what the worse part is..they're all bad but when Trump pardoned Joe Arpaio that's just one example that tells you exactly what kind of person he is. Okay so you might be thinking to yourself well maybe he didn't know how bad he was but that makes him ignorant and that isn't much better.

I always saw politics as a psychological matter more than anything else and I still do and the fact of the matter is Trump is an awful person. I never liked him way before he even knew who he was and the majority of the time if I have a bad vibe about someone it's right. I was one of those rare people who knew Trump would win even.

I don't think we should be scared of Trump persay. He's a moron (sry not sorry) but we should be scared of the effect he has on the world.
If he was a regular citizen no problem..I still didn't like him like I said but at least I could ignore him but now world leaders don't want anything to do with us because of him. There was one specifically that admitted that.
We might lose our allies because he's that much of an embarrassment.