Monument Avenue - Richmond, VA Rally...

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

hvtitan08
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2017, 10:39 am

In my native commonwealth of Virginia, today there's a rally on Monument Avenue in front of the Lee Monument in Richmond, about protests to take down the statues of Stonewall Jackson, Robert E. Lee, Jefferson Davis, J.E.B. (Jeb) Stuart, and Matthew Fontaine Maury.
Since the SC Church shooting, the controversy of the Confederate flag being flown in certain Virginia cities such as Richmond, Danville, and other historical Civil War cities, and the KKK rally in Charlottesville.
I defend my Southern heritage, but I support it safely and peacefully. :heart:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 11:57 am

The one in the same place a few weeks ago seven people were arrested...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 2:58 pm

It's those who don't celebrate their southern heritage peacefully that concerns the rest of us, and it should concern you, too. Especially since too many have used southern heritage as a cover for their hate.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
It's those who don't celebrate their southern heritage peacefully that concerns the rest of us, and it should concern you, too. Especially since too many have used southern heritage as a cover for their hate.

Our former prime minister talked about not having to wear a "black armband" over all past historical events. I think that's valid to have pride in southern culture, the problem is folks who can't disentangle pride for people who practiced slavery

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:58 am

cyberdad wrote:
...the problem is folks who can't disentangle pride for people who practiced slavery

No, the problem is folks like you who can't disentangle slavery from people who want to practice pride.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 2:00 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
...the problem is folks who can't disentangle pride for people who practiced slavery

No, the problem is folks like you who can't disentangle slavery from people who want to practice pride.

Slavery was at the center of the antebellum and Civil War south.
Germans could easily take pride in their country's military accomplishments during WWII, but they don't because of the undeniable link that has with Nazism's Antisemitism and the Holocaust.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:28 pm

Kraichgauer...you can take a horse to water....

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:37 pm

One of the positive things there was about living in South Carolina, was that there was no Antifa, or 'Black Bloc' people. If they even thought about doing the crap that they get away with elsewhere, they would get shot in a heartbeat, and the cops and court system would give the shooter(s) the legal equivalent of a slap on the wrist.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 9:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer...you can take a horse to water....

I know.