Severe High-Functioning Asperger's Syndrome

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 1:03 pm

Hello. I'm from Canada and have Severe High Functioning Asperger's Syndrome. I am incontinent and I can do most things myself although I have a great deal of difficulty with workplace social situations. Actually, all social situations are a tremendous challenge for me. I'm incontinent due to medical and psychological reasons, toileting is another tremendous problem I've had since I was a kid. Public bathrooms used to give me severe anxiety but I no longer have to worry about them anymore now that I have been using adult diapers for several years now. I'm 42 now and I still feel like a child but with an IQ of 160ish.

I've been kicked out of preschool due to frustration, aggression and over-stimulation. I've also been kicked out of a private high school twice, for both grade 10 and grade 11. In adult life I've been fired 9 times from my jobs, been suspended twice, and I've quit my jobs (usually before I thought I would get fired) more then 30 times. Recently, I physically attacked a co-worker because he was making fun of me and I was fired. I react quite violently to bullying. Due to all of those socially challenging situations, I had a heart attack when I was 34.

I am looking at getting an Autism support dog to help me manage unpredictable social situations but I'm unsure of how to handle this in a workplace situation. I may have to kibosh that whole idea because of my job. I have also thought about committing myself to a mental health hospital because I feel that I can no longer support myself reliably. My anxiety and depression have catapulted over the past year and I feel like I can barely hang on to my sanity. I have struggled with self-harm, severe aggression and suicidal thoughts for more than 30 years.

A very late diagnosis is most likely the culprit for the severity of my situation.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 1:45 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 8:29 pm

Thank you! After reading many of the posts here I see that there is a lot of people here who are very much like me. I feel less like a freak because of that fact.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

AspieSingleDad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm

You certainly aren't a freak. At 42, sounds like you've lived a pretty challenging and full life. It'd be nice if, going forward, things went a lot smoother for you. In either case, I hope you can find a new job with people who are more understanding of your limitations, but also respect your intellect.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:28 pm

AspieSingleDad wrote:
You certainly aren't a freak. At 42, sounds like you've lived a pretty challenging and full life. It'd be nice if, going forward, things went a lot smoother for you. In either case, I hope you can find a new job with people who are more understanding of your limitations, but also respect your intellect.

Thank-you. I feel as if my life has been nothing but one excruciating experience after another with no end in sight. Perhaps one day I will find some peace and I'll be able to accept myself and my seemingly limitless neuroses.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.