My husband has an eating disorder. I'm devastated.

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 5:43 pm

People with bulimia force themselves to vomit food.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 5:48 pm

Yes. Some find it a rush, similar to a drug. Some that I have seen will usually eat 1000's of calories at one sitting.

They've had them on that show Intervention. This one had it so bad that all of her money went to food and so she started stripping for more money. Her parents couldn't afford her food bill.

This other one would vomit into bags such large amounts that she would hide the bags in her closet so her husband wouldn't find them and when he was gone she would load them into the car to take to a far away dumpster. Most never are able to stop the behavior.

The ones on Intervention would get help, but then relapse. Anorexics can be the same way, but I think it comes and goes - like Angelina Jolie right now.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 6:18 pm

So they do it for the enjoyment of vomiting 0.o I hate vomiting I dread it like hell luckily I’ve only vomitted once in 10 years hopefully it’ll be another 10

I get anorexics though they do it to lose weight while still enjoying food. I get to eat meh sort of food stuff and feel hungry all the time to lose weight.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 7:42 pm

I was anorexic once. Looked like a skeleton. It started because I needed control over something. I was still living with my parents and had no control over anything. It stopped when my mama started naging me and it made me feel guilty.

Going to a website about bulemia sounds like a good idea.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 8:24 pm

magz wrote:
It's been a while and he has been concealing this... We had a really bad time after my misdiagnosis, I believe it was a severe trauma to him to see his wife insane and on heavy medication. It was over a year ago, I went to a different doc who got me out of this sh*t.
But my husband remained traumatized. He developed bulimia, he counted every calorie, then exercised with no moderation, then ate whatever he could grab, then vomited...
I thought he got better lastly but only today I learned he threw up every single evening for the last week. I don't know what about the weeks before.
I'm devastated. I'm trying to convince him to go to a therapy but he is resistant, he doesn't want to talk about it.
I love him. I want him to be happy and healthy.
I have no idea what to do :(

Go to therapy with him. I was in a similar situation with my wife's health where she needed more care and I didn't have time to eat. Also I felt more responsible for her health than mine. You need to let him know that the pressure is gone and he can relax and feel better about himself. Be supportive while still taking care of yourself.