Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 8:57 pm

With lines wrapped around the building, you would think there would be more than a measley 20 packets. But instead, the select stores for only a day decided that was enough. Also many of the stores that were supposed to have them, well, didn't. Way to fumble the ball at the 1 yard line to McDonald's.

I know I'm not the only one, but I wrote a letter to corporate.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:04 pm

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:13 pm

I'm not a fan of McDonalds but would like a translation please from the OP

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:32 pm

McDonald's have been failing since they started in 1948.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:44 pm

So for those that didn't know McDonald's brought back its Szechuan sauce that it had to promote Mulan. Only catches are, it was only for today, at select stores, and they only had around 20, which wasn't known til shortly before. They were also supposed to start being sold until 2:00 P.M., but apparently places were selling them early and some that were supposed to have them didn't at all.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2017, 9:57 pm

I wonder what Rick Sanchez would say about this.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 1:04 am

Micky D's is the only fast food that's made me sick.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 8:45 am

Raptor wrote:
Micky D's is the only fast food that's made me sick.

You sure you don't want a nice greasy big mac with Szechuan sauce?

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 10:58 am

This actually makes me really happy. I don't have much of a life. But if your life revolves around standing in line for hours at McD's to get some crappy sauce, my life is way better then yours. :mrgreen:

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:43 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
This actually makes me really happy. I don't have much of a life. But if your life revolves around standing in line for hours at McD's to get some crappy sauce, my life is way better then yours. :mrgreen:

There's actually a few good reasons people do this.

1. In some cases, and definitely this one, the item is very limited and worth quit e some money.

2. They're surprisingly social events, and a lot of people enjoy talking and hanging out with other fans. Made a few friends this way myself.

3. Some want to guarantee they get it and they get it as quick as possible.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:27 pm

I think it's only health food that's made me sick and not fast food. :lol:

And no, not because I eat too much processed junk or my body's not used to all the extra vitamins an nonsense. I eat vegetables and fruit and feel just fine afterwards. Today I ate veggies grown in my dad's garden with our Thanksgiving meal. But none of our food came from a health food store, so it must have been incredibly bad. :roll:

I think the real reason it's called health food is because to survive eating it you need to be in perfect health. :twisted:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:32 pm

First world problems.

I mean sure I get people being disappointed but its a 5 cent sauce packet for f*cks sake. They sell szechuan sauce at grocery stores does the McDonalds logo really make this stuff any better than say Kroger brand?

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:33 pm

The very rare occaisions that I go to Golden Arches it's for plain McNuggets and fries, or a shake. the rest is crap, so IMO, who cares.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:36 pm

modernmax wrote:
So for those that didn't know McDonald's brought back its Szechuan sauce that it had to promote Mulan. Only catches are, it was only for today, at select stores, and they only had around 20, which wasn't known til shortly before. They were also supposed to start being sold until 2:00 P.M., but apparently places were selling them early and some that were supposed to have them didn't at all.

Hell they should have just given all the McDonalds locations the recipe and they could have just made huge vats of it on site....but still its not as big of a crisis as some of these people are making it out to be.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:39 pm

modernmax wrote:
0regonGuy wrote:

There's actually a few good reasons people do this.

1. In some cases, and definitely this one, the item is very limited and worth quit e some money.

2. They're surprisingly social events, and a lot of people enjoy talking and hanging out with other fans. Made a few friends this way myself.

3. Some want to guarantee they get it and they get it as quick as possible.

It's only worth money because people like being conned...lol, I mean I laugh at the idea there are people willing to pay 100 dollars or more on amazon to purchase a jug of this sauce....you can get it for 2 dollars at the grocery store it just wont have a McDonalds logo slapped on it. Or I suppose if one is so inclined they could order a McDonalds sticker and put it on their grocery store bought szechaun sauce if its really so important.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:09 pm

It isn’t so much about the sauce per se, it’s a symbol of Rick and Morty fandom.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!