Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:09 pm

It isn’t so much about the sauce per se, it’s a symbol of Rick and Morty fandom.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:29 pm

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:50 pm

I don't like McDonald's if I buy a real hamburger I go to the local Fish and Chip shop.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 6:08 pm

EzraS wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Micky D's is the only fast food that's made me sick.

You sure you don't want a nice greasy big mac with Szechuan sauce?

It was their pancakes and sausage breakfast that made me sick. It fucdup most of that day for me.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:07 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
It isn’t so much about the sauce per se, it’s a symbol of Rick and Morty fandom.

I'd rather get a Rick and Morty T-shirt than some Mcdonalds sauce they referenced on the show.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

Lace-Bane wrote:

Ah it's for nuggets. I should have realized that. Nuggets are okay I guess. I don't know what Szechuan sauce tastes like. I like Wendy's nuggets with their sweet and sour sauce. I asked to go get a Mcdonald's shake in drive thru the other day after we ate at Taco Time.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 11:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
modernmax wrote:
So for those that didn't know McDonald's brought back its Szechuan sauce that it had to promote Mulan. Only catches are, it was only for today, at select stores, and they only had around 20, which wasn't known til shortly before. They were also supposed to start being sold until 2:00 P.M., but apparently places were selling them early and some that were supposed to have them didn't at all.

Hell they should have just given all the McDonalds locations the recipe and they could have just made huge vats of it on site....but still its not as big of a crisis as some of these people are making it out to be.

It is actually kind of as big as a problem as it's being made out to be. No, the sauce isn't that good, but it's the fact that this was false advertising in multiple ways. I think the people who waited in line or drove for hours have more than enough right to be pretty angry. I myself drove in inclement weather with cargo vulnerable to rain, only to be lied to by an employee at one store who said they never got it when they just sold out 2 hours early, and a manager at another who said a nearby one had them. I think I've got a good reason to be a little upset.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:46 am

modernmax wrote:
I think the people who waited in line or drove for hours have more than enough right to be pretty angry. I myself drove in inclement weather with cargo vulnerable to rain, only to be lied to by an employee at one store who said they never got it when they just sold out 2 hours early, and a manager at another who said a nearby one had them. I think I've got a good reason to be a little upset.

Um, Take your business elsewhere?

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 8:03 am

modernmax wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
modernmax wrote:
So for those that didn't know McDonald's brought back its Szechuan sauce that it had to promote Mulan. Only catches are, it was only for today, at select stores, and they only had around 20, which wasn't known til shortly before. They were also supposed to start being sold until 2:00 P.M., but apparently places were selling them early and some that were supposed to have them didn't at all.

Hell they should have just given all the McDonalds locations the recipe and they could have just made huge vats of it on site....but still its not as big of a crisis as some of these people are making it out to be.

It is actually kind of as big as a problem as it's being made out to be. No, the sauce isn't that good, but it's the fact that this was false advertising in multiple ways. I think the people who waited in line or drove for hours have more than enough right to be pretty angry. I myself drove in inclement weather with cargo vulnerable to rain, only to be lied to by an employee at one store who said they never got it when they just sold out 2 hours early, and a manager at another who said a nearby one had them. I think I've got a good reason to be a little upset.

Which was their plan all along. McDonald's just wanted publicity and they got it. Millions of people who had never heard of this sauce, and have no idea what this was all about, saw news stories about long lines of people at McDonald's. wanting some special sauce that they ran out of. Now they are thinking, damn I better get to McDs. They must have some good food if people are lining up for it. That is how corporations brainwash people to believe that their crappy so called "food", is something worth eating.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 10:34 am

McDonald's failing miserably with a promotion idea? That's never happened before!

Wait a second...

(Probably one of the greatest marketing fails of all time. It was awesome.)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 1:20 pm

Or the Monopoly thing. I think that was rigged.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 8:04 pm

MarissaKay wrote:
McDonald's failing miserably with a promotion idea? That's never happened before!

Wait a second...

(Probably one of the greatest marketing fails of all time. It was awesome.)

I remember The Simpsons parodying that.

This could be their biggest corporate fail since then.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 8:11 pm

modernmax wrote:

I agree, you have a good reason to be upset. Even more than a little. It's the principle of the situation that counts.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:53 pm

modernmax wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
modernmax wrote:

But why would anyone drive for hours for such a ridiculous thing in the first place. Also why not put the cargo vulnerable to rain inside the vehicle if it was rainy weather and you decide to make a drive. OmG the wold is ending because you decided to keep cargo vulneralbe to rain outside while driving to Mcdonalds for sauce taking your frusteration out on employees who probably had no idea what was even going on...its a failure on the corporate level for not providing enough of this ridiculous sauce to all the mcdonalds locations....yet who gets all the anger and abuse thrown at them? the freaking employees who actually have to put up with sh*tty customers all day in the first place.

Sorry but the people working there trying to make a living don't deserve that, go protest at the freaking Mcdonalds corporate headquarters rather than treating the employees like crap because you're not satisfied with something they can't do anything about.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

I don't think the OP started this thread for people to talk down to him. Don't we all get enough of that from NT's? Telling us that our interests are stupid? That we go overboard with them? How stupid we are in general?

Stop being such NT-like as*holes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
I don't think the OP started this thread for people to talk down to him. Don't we all get enough of that from NT's? Telling us that our interests are stupid? That we go overboard with them? How stupid we are in general?

Stop being such NT-like as*holes.

Most of the people who cared about this dumb sauce were neurotypicals...