Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:22 pm

EzraS wrote:
I don't think the OP started this thread for people to talk down to him. Don't we all get enough of that from NT's? Telling us that our interests are stupid? That we go overboard with them? How stupid we are in general?

Stop being such NT-like as*holes.

Most of the people who cared about this dumb sauce were neurotypicals...

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 11:40 pm

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:56 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
modernmax wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
modernmax wrote:
So for those that didn't know McDonald's brought back its Szechuan sauce that it had to promote Mulan. Only catches are, it was only for today, at select stores, and they only had around 20, which wasn't known til shortly before. They were also supposed to start being sold until 2:00 P.M., but apparently places were selling them early and some that were supposed to have them didn't at all.

Hell they should have just given all the McDonalds locations the recipe and they could have just made huge vats of it on site....but still its not as big of a crisis as some of these people are making it out to be.

It is actually kind of as big as a problem as it's being made out to be. No, the sauce isn't that good, but it's the fact that this was false advertising in multiple ways. I think the people who waited in line or drove for hours have more than enough right to be pretty angry. I myself drove in inclement weather with cargo vulnerable to rain, only to be lied to by an employee at one store who said they never got it when they just sold out 2 hours early, and a manager at another who said a nearby one had them. I think I've got a good reason to be a little upset.

But why would anyone drive for hours for such a ridiculous thing in the first place. Also why not put the cargo vulnerable to rain inside the vehicle if it was rainy weather and you decide to make a drive. OmG the wold is ending because you decided to keep cargo vulneralbe to rain outside while driving to Mcdonalds for sauce taking your frusteration out on employees who probably had no idea what was even going on...its a failure on the corporate level for not providing enough of this ridiculous sauce to all the mcdonalds locations....yet who gets all the anger and abuse thrown at them? the freaking employees who actually have to put up with sh*tty customers all day in the first place.

Sorry but the people working there trying to make a living don't deserve that, go protest at the freaking Mcdonalds corporate headquarters rather than treating the employees like crap because you're not satisfied with something they can't do anything about.

The anger at the employees is because they were the ones who gave it away early or stole it for themselves. One of them also lied to me and I heard others have as well. I can see why the anger would be directed at them.

As for the cargo thing, it was a dresser that I had to set in my truck bed. Obviously I couldn't just put it in the front. Yes, I know that part is on me, but still made me more frustrated that it was for nothing.

On a positive note and as expected, the sauce is coming back again for winter. I guess it all worked out in the end.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 8:30 am

If i wanted that sauce for sure, I'd turn to the black market.

Or Ebay. Tad costly though.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/MCDONALDS-SZECHU ... mwBanner=1

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 8:49 am

This wouldn’t make me lose faith in humanity....I hope this doesn’t make you bitter for the rest of your life.

I honestly hope you move on from this, while learning a lesson in media manipulation.

This reminds me of Black Friday....thousands of people lining up for hours to get 20 TVs.....

What was the big deal about the sauce, anyway?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:31 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What was the big deal about the sauce, anyway?

"If I Have To Explain, You Wouldn't Understand." - Oscar Wilde

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:44 pm

I know.....but I'm always afraid when somebody gets upset over little things....imagine if they were really big things?

Not saying that Max would actually "do" anything. Because most people have more sense than that. And Max certainly has sense enough.

I guess you like Szechuan Sauce, Ezra. I've never tried it.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 10:24 pm

I never tried it either. I'd say based on it going for 200$ on Ebay it's a collectible.

As for me I spend hours traveling all over Middle Earth to get cartoon items and thow a fit when something goes wrong, like that dang General Talug instance. I want that set of armor to put in my cartoon house trophy room!

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2017, 12:35 pm

I've never heard of a collectable sauce before.

I could probably make a better sauce, with some delicious ingredients to make it irresistable.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 1:00 pm

Reminds me of this scene from the Boondocks.lol
https://youtu.be/jE_mjPDAfAk

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Oct 2017, 4:16 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Hell they should have just given all the McDonalds locations the recipe and they could have just made huge vats of it on site....but still its not as big of a crisis as some of these people are making it out to be.

Marketing 101:

* Make "limited quantities" of stuff you want people to pay attention to.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:05 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I know.....but I'm always afraid when somebody gets upset over little things....imagine if they were really big things?

Not saying that Max would actually "do" anything. Because most people have more sense than that. And Max certainly has sense enough.

I guess you like Szechuan Sauce, Ezra. I've never tried it.

Thanks, I think. :?

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:16 pm

I like the sweet chilli chicken wrap, all shakes but the chocolate and vanilla, mcflurry, and fries. The rest i don't like or eat, used to go every friday but just have to deal with reality that I can no longer afford even a straw (tho could probs sneak some out)

My hate for them doesnt come from the quality of food which sometimes is bad but the workforce and how they recruit new people, which u now have to have no qualifications at all or have a degree or know someone in the industry

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:21 pm

you could probably look up a recipe and make your own szechuan sauce that's leagues better than the HFCS trash mickey-Ds churns out.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 5:07 pm

It's not the flavor of the sauce, it's the packaging. Even the ad posters for the sauce sell for a lot on Ebay.

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 5:31 pm

EzraS wrote:
It's not the flavor of the sauce, it's the packaging. Even the ad posters for the sauce sell for a lot on Ebay.

People are crazy.