Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 1:42 pm

ScarletIbis wrote:
I have a very high tolerance for horror movies and just watch them out of intrigue, but the ONLY movie that ever actually affected me and deeply might I add, was Apollo 18. That movie scared more than I had ever been scared before, by anything(as I said before, I watch horror movies like the average person watches Shrek). I couldn’t look at the moon without crippling anxiety for a few days afterwards. It just made me uncomfortable to look at for the next month. I watched 2 years ago and it still has a place in my mind, although the moon and I are on good terms again :lol:
I don’t know what anyone else’s opinion is for this movie or if would even affect anyone else the way it did me, but I would recommend it for someone looking for a scare.

I thought it was a pretty decent scifi/horror flick.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 2:48 pm

Burnt Offerings

I saw it when I was far too young for horror movies, and I never got over it.
Tried watching it again as an adult and couldn't even finish.

:(

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 3:02 pm

Cannibal Holocaust was probably the most disturbing film I've ever seen. In fact, it was so disturbing, that it fooled me into thinking that it was real footage the entire time. But I was actually disappointed when I found out that it wasn't real, because I really wanted to use the film to educate me of what real torture is, as in seeing a real person being torn apart and revealing real guts.
Apparently some of the animals being killed was real, but I didn't like them cutting the animals open while the animals were still alive. They could have at least knocked the animals out first before cutting them open, instead of cutting them open whilst seeing them scream in pain. That was so upsetting to see. :( :cry:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2017, 3:29 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Cannibal Holocaust was probably the most disturbing film I've ever seen. In fact, it was so disturbing, that it fooled me into thinking that it was real footage the entire time. But I was actually disappointed when I found out that it wasn't real, because I really wanted to use the film to educate me of what real torture is, as in seeing a real person being torn apart and revealing real guts.
Apparently some of the animals being killed was real, but I didn't like them cutting the animals open while the animals were still alive. They could have at least knocked the animals out first before cutting them open, instead of cutting them open whilst seeing them scream in pain. That was so upsetting to see. :( :cry:

Yeah, the animal stuff is real, that's why I'll never watch it. You're not the only one who thought the human stuff was real, either - there was actually some controversy about it because people thought it was a snuff film, where they actually kill people for it, and the director had to provide proof that the actors were still alive and well to avoid being charged with murder.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"