Elderly women and ballroom dancing

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 9:19 am

I've had more older women express attractuon to me. And I don't mean the cougar types. I mean ones that are elderly and old enough to be my grandmother (Who is 84) or my great aunts. These kinds of women always tell me things like "Oh, you're so handsum! Hehehe!" or "You're a gewd lookin' boy!" and it's extremely embarrassing.

Last night at a gaming event, someone I knew from high school told me she met a dating partner at the ballroom downtown in the city we both live in. I've actually been to that ballroom three times this year, partly to try getting out of my comfort zone but also because I was told women are attracted to dancers and that it would be a good place to socialize but the times I've went, I've only seen the same older women there. I always seem to be in the right place but never on the right time.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 2:33 pm

It feels like wherever I go, the wrong people are there but for everyone else, they make new friends or find a date.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:14 pm

This is a sign that you will do better in romance as you get older.

Women develop more taste as they get older.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:25 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
This is a sign that you will do better in romance as you get older.

Women develop more taste as they get older.

Sorry but I do not want to wait until I am close to the retirement home for romance. I'd rather die now than live later if that's my future. It's already painful seeing people younger than me as well as in my age range dating, having sex, and getting married while I am on the outside looking in. To live to my 60's and above with my current luck would be torture.

I sometimes get told I should date elderly retirement home women but she wouldn't have anything in common with me and would need help for a lot of things so it would not be a relationship of equals. It would be like a grandson caring for his grandmother.

Last edited by Marknis on 08 Oct 2017, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:32 pm

Marknis wrote:
I've had more older women express attractuon to me. And I don't mean the cougar types. I mean ones that are elderly and old enough to be my grandmother (Who is 84) or my great aunts. These kinds of women always tell me things like "Oh, you're so handsum! Hehehe!" or "You're a gewd lookin' boy!" and it's extremely embarrassing.

Last night at a gaming event, someone I knew from high school told me she met a dating partner at the ballroom downtown in the city we both live in. I've actually been to that ballroom three times this year, partly to try getting out of my comfort zone but also because I was told women are attracted to dancers and that it would be a good place to socialize but the times I've went, I've only seen the same older women there. I always seem to be in the right place but never on the right time.

Yikes. I've always felt uncomfortable around men old enough to be my grandfather. I can understand why you would be embarrassed. Has it gotten to the point where it gets creepy?

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:37 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Yikes. I've always felt uncomfortable around men old enough to be my grandfather. I can understand why you would be embarrassed. Has it gotten to the point where it gets creepy?

It has. When they laugh like wheezing hillbillies and put their hands on me, it makes me feel sick. Their skin feels gross and their bones feel like they will pop through their flesh at any moment.

Do these old men ever flirt on you? I really hate those kind of men. They actually cheat on their wives and try to threaten young guys away from younger girls.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 3:48 pm

Marknis wrote:
Marknis wrote:

It has. When they laugh like wheezing hillbillies and put their hands on me, it makes me feel sick. Their skin feels gross and their bones feel like they will pop through their flesh at any moment.

Do these old men ever flirt on you? I really hate those kind of men. They actually cheat on their wives and try to threaten young guys away from younger girls.

Not that I'm aware of.... 8O

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:03 pm

Marknis wrote:
Marknis wrote:

Not that I'm aware of.... 8O

I've seen some say flirtatious things to young girls as well as grab their butts. Some will tell young guys to "f**k off" or even flip their knives or guns at them because they don't want any competition in getting dates or sex.

While not a grandfather, I did see a man in his late 30's/early 40's having sex with a young girl on a fling site I tried out of desperation. It was just as unproductive as a dating site.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 4:44 pm

I meant that things will get better when you reach your 30s.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 5:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I meant that things will get better when you reach your 30s.

I will be 30 in the coming year. If it doesn't start then, I don't want to live past my birthday.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 6:26 pm

I can't deter you from feeling how you're feeling......but, many times, one attains more success in one's 30s. I've seen a few "successes" right here.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 8:36 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can't deter you from feeling how you're feeling......but, many times, one attains more success in one's 30s. I've seen a few "successes" right here.

But what did they do to become successful?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 8:45 pm

In my case, I stopped making the attainment of a girlfriend the topmost priority.

Women sensed desperation in me when I was younger; this made them overtly express disgust with me, and to actively seek ways to remove themselves from my presence.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2017, 9:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In my case, I stopped making the attainment of a girlfriend the topmost priority.

Women sensed desperation in me when I was younger; this made them overtly express disgust with me, and to actively seek ways to remove themselves from my presence.

I think this might have been part of my problem as well. I obsessed over girls and would do pretty much anything to get into a relationship. And then I’d get all pouty over rejection. You’d think having a gf long-term would have done me some good. And it was good for a while. But the desperation put me in the direction of girls I was better off without.

What was so odd later on was the more I was in a position past the point of caring whether I had a girl or not, suddenly a small handful of girls made themselves available to me. The first time my wife and I dated, I had to turn another girl down; and for a while I wondered whether I made the right choice. I eventually slipped back into my old habits and got thoroughly burned. Got out of the Bible Belt, wasn’t really looking because I wanted to focus on my master’s degree program, and soon had two girls I had to figure out what to do with.

That pretty much ended that phase of my life and was the last time I broke up with someone. It’s like, you work so hard to keep it going only to get dumped, now YOU are the one ending it. How does this happen? How did we get here? I dunno, but I think kraftie is on to something.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 10:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

I wasn't always desperate. It wasn't until the depression kicked in I started to become desperate. Before then, I just tried to be nice because I thought that was all I had to do but that never worked out.

MarissaKay
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 10:05 am

Being hit on by people 3 (or more) times your age totally gets uncomfortable. It happened to me ALL of the time at my first two jobs, back when I was 18/19! You can't help but think, "Dude, don't you have grandchildren older than me or something?".

Is it a class in the ballroom, or a type of event like a dance? If it's like a class, it's usually better to do those sort of things at night when all of the really older people have gone to bed and the younger people are just getting off of work or school.