VP Pence Walks Out on Football Game Cuz Players Take a Knee

Page 4 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 3:13 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Taking the knee during the anthem hardly hurts our country. And as a matter of fact, it does quite possibly help - it brings greater public attention to this problem of police abuse.

It's interesting to see the contrast in responses.
Trump and Pence are feigning outrage over footballers choosing to not kneel during the national anthem but appear to have nothing to say about Nazis trotting around Charlottesville (again!)

I suspect plenty of hardcore Trumpanzees would defend the Nazis' right to free speech.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 3:19 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
A letter signed by vets supporting the right to kneel during the anthem.
https://theundefeated.com/features/an-o ... aepernick/

I guess that diffuses the "disrespects those who fought for our freedom" excuse

Early on the thread I posted a link to a ninety year old WW2 vets who supports taking a knee.Many in my family served,my Dad was WW2 Master Seargent US Army,did his service on Attu.I don't see any disrespect in taking a knee for what you stand for.I believe it's the American thing to do.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 3:44 pm

Trump's acting skills have been honed after years on the apprentice...he does what he needs with pretending about the patriotism and stars and stripes stuff to stoke the fires in his hollow followers

Not sure what Pence's excuse is? just brown nosing like the rest of his cronies

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 3:53 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Taking the knee during the anthem hardly hurts our country. And as a matter of fact, it does quite possibly help - it brings greater public attention to this problem of police abuse.

Trump and Pence are feigning outrage over footballers choosing to not kneel during the national anthem but appear to have nothing to say about Nazis trotting around Charlottesville (again!)

I suspect plenty of hardcore Trumpanzees would defend the Nazis' right to free speech.

It's speech they like.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 4:56 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's speech they like.

I'm sure.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 10:14 am

Roger Goodell sent out a letter to all 32 teams that players should stand for the anthem.
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/roger-good ... d=50398043

So, now players will clearly be violating NFL rules if they don't.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 12:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
What does this kneeling hurt, if they were being disruptive throughout the game in an effort to 'protest' I'd understand the uproar. But they simply kneel instead of stand people can choose not to join in and then still enjoy the stupid game.

What "this kneeling" hurts, IMO, is an ENTIRE nation, where the majority, doesn't agree with it. Like I said, before, I feel a BETTER question would be: What does this kneeling HELP? I mean, do you honestly think that their taking a knee does ANYTHING for whom they feel are victims of police brutality? Do you ACTUALLY think that the next time a cop pulls a gun on a black man, he's gonna stop and think "Uh, oh, better not do THAT, cuz the football players think that's wrong for me to do", and put his gun-away?

Also, like I said, before..... I feel this is about much MORE than them, supposedly, "wanting to help"----because, if they TRULY wanted to help, they'd be putting boots-on-the-ground and WORKING (working for a solution), instead of putting KNEES-on-the-ground and DEFYING.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also not sure I agree that an employer can force you to make a political/patriotic demonstration you don't want to, I do not think that is a proper 'limitation' on free speech.

Employers can have all KINDS of rules----and, if one wants to remain employed, they'll follow them; simple as that. If one can obtain a job where they really like the work, and can live-with the rules, GREAT; but, life isn't always like that.

After WWI, there was also a hard turn to the right among the American public. When two American anarchists during a parade had not stood and covered their hearts for the passing flag, the rest of the crowd beat them to death. No one is threatening the lives of those players (that I know of), but essentially this represents the same sort of rabidly intolerant nationalism masquerading as American patriotism.

Which was echoed by Mussolini. It's not freedom that anyone was fighting for if everyone's ignoring the constitutional right to protest.

This was a foil & an intentional distraction from mismanagement of federal Puerto Rico releif.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 1:37 pm

cberg wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
What does this kneeling hurt, if they were being disruptive throughout the game in an effort to 'protest' I'd understand the uproar. But they simply kneel instead of stand people can choose not to join in and then still enjoy the stupid game.

What "this kneeling" hurts, IMO, is an ENTIRE nation, where the majority, doesn't agree with it. Like I said, before, I feel a BETTER question would be: What does this kneeling HELP? I mean, do you honestly think that their taking a knee does ANYTHING for whom they feel are victims of police brutality? Do you ACTUALLY think that the next time a cop pulls a gun on a black man, he's gonna stop and think "Uh, oh, better not do THAT, cuz the football players think that's wrong for me to do", and put his gun-away?

Also, like I said, before..... I feel this is about much MORE than them, supposedly, "wanting to help"----because, if they TRULY wanted to help, they'd be putting boots-on-the-ground and WORKING (working for a solution), instead of putting KNEES-on-the-ground and DEFYING.

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also not sure I agree that an employer can force you to make a political/patriotic demonstration you don't want to, I do not think that is a proper 'limitation' on free speech.

Employers can have all KINDS of rules----and, if one wants to remain employed, they'll follow them; simple as that. If one can obtain a job where they really like the work, and can live-with the rules, GREAT; but, life isn't always like that.

After WWI, there was also a hard turn to the right among the American public. When two American anarchists during a parade had not stood and covered their hearts for the passing flag, the rest of the crowd beat them to death. No one is threatening the lives of those players (that I know of), but essentially this represents the same sort of rabidly intolerant nationalism masquerading as American patriotism.

Which was echoed by Mussolini. It's not freedom that anyone was fighting for if everyone's ignoring the constitutional right to protest.

This was a foil & an intentional distraction from mismanagement of federal Puerto Rico releif.

Either it's a purposeful distraction for Trump's f*ck up in Puerto Rico, or he's actually even more of an insane idiot than any of us thought.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 5:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Either it's a purposeful distraction for Trump's f*ck up in Puerto Rico, or he's actually even more of an insane idiot than any of us thought.

How about both...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 6:51 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How about both...

Maybe so.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 7:50 pm

Oh this cracks me up!

Trump has angered military veterans by cracking jokes during one of the US military's most solemn ceremonies.

Trump was giving an interview with Fox News anchor Sean Hannity on an Air National Guard base overnight when the Retreat bugle call started playing and he began cracking jokes audible to those present.

"Trump's apparent confusion about the military exercise follows weeks of rebukes from the president about NFL players who kneel during the national anthem in protest of racial injustice and police brutality," the website read.

Trump never served in the military, taking repeated deferments from being drafted during the Vietnam War, citing bone spurs in one of his feet.

Former Navy serviceman and terrorism expert Malcolm Nance was outraged.

"That Trump did not known, recognise or salute call of 'Retreat' – a moment every servicemember/family worldwide stop and salute – is disgraceful," Nance tweeted.

Vietnam veteran Ray Smith also weighed in on Twitter.

"After all the BS about 'disrespecting the flag and our military', Trump disrespects both by joking during the playing of Retreat at Army base," he wrote.

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2017/10/1 ... ll-hannity

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:13 pm

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW), has filed a FOIA request to learn how much the stunt cost.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:39 pm

I see his action as nothing more than showing the public how virtuous he is.

After all, he knew it was going to happen. Why did he even bother to go? The only logical reason was so he could show himself to be pro-America.

Don't interpret this to think that I'm in favor of the twits who are sitting or kneeling. I'm just tired of all the bogus posturing by those who probably never stand for the national anthem when sitting at home in private in front of the tv.

I don't stand in private either, but then I'm not going around trying to make everyone thing I'm some super patriot.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't stand for the national anthem when at home by yourself, then I couldn't care less about your opinion on this issue. That also goes for anyone who doesn't stop and stand at attention whenever they see someone raising or lowering the flag whether they be on foot, on a bicycle, or in a car or truck.

If you don't honor the flag and the national anthem when noone is watching, then you are hypocritical to make a big stink of someone else for not honoring the flag or the national anthem.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:44 pm

eric76 wrote:
I see his action as nothing more than showing the public how virtuous he is.

After all, he knew it was going to happen. Why did he even bother to go? The only logical reason was so he could show himself to be pro-America.

Don't interpret this to think that I'm in favor of the twits who are sitting or kneeling. I'm just tired of all the bogus posturing by those who probably never stand for the national anthem when sitting at home in private in front of the tv.

I don't stand in private either, but then I'm not going around trying to make everyone thing I'm some super patriot.

As far as I'm concerned, if you don't stand for the national anthem when at home by yourself, then I couldn't care less about your opinion on this issue. That also goes for anyone who doesn't stop and stand at attention whenever they see someone raising or lowering the flag whether they be on foot, on a bicycle, or in a car or truck.

If you don't honor the flag and the national anthem when noone is watching, then you are hypocritical to make a big stink of someone else for not honoring the flag or the national anthem.

I think the veterans have sniffed a phoney in Trump, its now just a question of how badly they want him as their leader since they were bending over backwards to support him during the election