VP Pence Walks Out on Football Game Cuz Players Take a Knee

Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 5:42 pm

Like they just said on the radio, it's not about being patriotic because whether one stands for the flag or not does not make a person patriotic. What it is about is the players following their boss's rules - if the owner of the team wants his players to stand then they better stand and shut up. Anyone who has had a job knows that sometimes you have to do things that you don't believe in or don't want to do, but you do it to keep your job. This little kneeling crap is costing the NFL money because people are getting fed up and not going to the games and not watching football on TV. That means the players do what they are told to do or they will be fired by some team owners.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:13 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Checkmate. Trump wins.

"The NFL might make it mandatory to stand for the national anthem"
http://m.theweek.com/speedreads/730066/ ... nal-anthem

WOO-HOO!! I hope this comes to fruition----AND, I hope it stands as the precedent for any other group that doesn't know that even the First Amendment comes with limitations (that a company/organization CAN say "No")! !

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've seen videos of idiots at KKK rallies insulting the American flag for representing a country where LGBT and racial and religious minorities have the same rights as the rest of us.

I don't know much about this, cuz I can't watch videos, as I have limited bandwidth----but, my GUESS is if there were some "insulting the American flag", that is what's making people call ALL of them "not prideful / patriotic".

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've read the rantings of Neo-Nazi types saying Hitler should have won WWII! Hardly that patriotic if you ask me.

I'm thinking that what they MEANT was that someone who was prideful of their country (they would think Hitler was), should've won the war----but, it's a terribly unfortunate thing to say (to say the least), because it can be taken as them wishing that the U.S. DIDN'T win.

Kraichgauer wrote:
But why defend such worthless wastes of working human organs?

It's not about defending those whom I feel are hateful / horrible people----it's about defending TRUTH. As I've said, before, on here, I've even defended people on this very site, that I don't even LIKE, because it was the principle of the thing----ALL people, IMO, deserve EQUAL consideration, and I feel I would be remiss, as a human being, if I didn't consider ALL angles of an issue / situation / whatever.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:16 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Checkmate. Trump wins.

I thought our soldiers died for the right of people to choose whether to stand or not for the national anthem. Isn't kind of a slap in the face towards them to undo basic freedoms like that which they died for?

I know you were talkin' to somebody else, but I wanted to chime-in, as well, on this one.....

It's not about "undoing" freedoms----it's ONLY about limitations; and, isn't it ironic that that's always your argument, when arguing against the 2ND Amendment?

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also will it just be mandatory for the athletes or the audience as well?

I'm thinking that it could ONLY be, for the athletes----cuz, again, a company/organization has that right----because the audience doesn't work for the NFL.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:18 pm

cyberdad wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Excuse me? White nationalists are the most prideful of America?!?!?! These are hateful trash who take their own short comings and and insecurities out on their fellow Americans because they are different. Please, explain how those waste of working organs have the most pride in America!

Yes, they hate some PEOPLE, NOT the country.

Basically, the neo-nazis hate the same people whom you hate, Cat?

I don't think nurseanglea or campincat have ever hidden their "preferences" at least they are honest

Obviously, I can't speak for NA----but, I have said many times, on here, that I think the NN/WS are horrible people.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:29 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I've seen videos of idiots at KKK rallies insulting the American flag for representing a country where LGBT and racial and religious minorities have the same rights as the rest of us.

I don't know much about this, cuz I can't watch videos, as I have limited bandwidth----but, my GUESS is if there were some "insulting the American flag", that is what's making people call ALL of them "not prideful / patriotic".

Kraichgauer wrote:
I've read the rantings of Neo-Nazi types saying Hitler should have won WWII! Hardly that patriotic if you ask me.

I'm thinking that what they MEANT was that someone who was prideful of their country (they would think Hitler was), should've won the war----but, it's a terribly unfortunate thing to say (to say the least), because it can be taken as them wishing that the U.S. DIDN'T win.

Kraichgauer wrote:
But why defend such worthless wastes of working human organs?

It's not about defending those whom I feel are hateful / horrible people----it's about defending TRUTH. As I've said, before, on here, I've even defended people on this very site, that I don't even LIKE, because it was the principle of the thing----ALL people, IMO, deserve EQUAL consideration, and I feel I would be remiss, as a human being, if I didn't consider ALL angles of an issue / situation / whatever.

No, they thought the Allies were on the wrong side, because they hold their racist, fascist ideology over American idealism.
As for defending the truth - what truth is that? That it's alright to hate certain people simply for who they are? As a matter of fact, that goes against the very philosophy that America was built on - equality, justice, and equal opportunity for everybody. If racists can't stand by American idealism, then they don't love America the most.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:35 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
jrjones9933 wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Excuse me? White nationalists are the most prideful of America?!?!?! These are hateful trash who take their own short comings and and insecurities out on their fellow Americans because they are different. Please, explain how those waste of working organs have the most pride in America!

Yes, they hate some PEOPLE, NOT the country.

Basically, the neo-nazis hate the same people whom you hate, Cat?

I don't think nurseanglea or campincat have ever hidden their "preferences" at least they are honest

Obviously, I can't speak for NA----but, I have said many times, on here, that I think the NN/WS are horrible people.

So it's a Voltaire "thing" to let everyone have their say or march around with tikki torches shouting "race war now" the problem is every time they do this one of their members who is on a tipping point is likely to go over the edge and take out innocent people

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As a matter of fact, that goes against the very philosophy that America was built on - equality, justice, and equal opportunity for everybody.

Just that it took Americans 200 yrs to work out that "everybody" included all human beings

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:59 pm

Interesting tweet I came across today:

Collin Rugg‏ @CollinRugg

Trump:”NFL should stand for Anthem”

Roger Goodell:”We do what we want”

Trump:”NFL shouldn’t get tax breaks”

Goodell:”NFL should stand”

4:19 PM - 10 Oct 2017

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 8:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
No, they thought the Allies were on the wrong side, because they hold their racist, fascist ideology over American idealism.

Well, I don't know whose allies you're referring to, cuz America and Germany were against each other. I'm thinking that you mean that those allied with America, were on the wrong side, and that the NN feel that America and her allies, should have allied with Germany? If that's what you mean, I don't agree that that's their ideology----I believe that at least PART of their ideology is, simply: "America FIRST".

Kraichgauer wrote:
As for defending the truth - what truth is that? That it's alright to hate certain people simply for who they are?

No. I feel that truth is arrived-at, by not going-with the very first reaction that someone (myself, included) has, upon hearing / reading an account of an event, for instance----a reaction that is most probably emotionally-driven----and giving thought / consideration to ALL angles of an issue / person / situation / whatever.

Kraichgauer wrote:
As a matter of fact, that goes against the very philosophy that America was built on - equality, justice, and equal opportunity for everybody.

Yes, but, IMO, they don't agree that that should apply to everybody, and that's why they are regarded by many (myself, included), as despicable people----but, IMO, that doesn't mean, that they're against America; they just want everybody in America to be WASPs.

Kraichgauer wrote:
If racists can't stand by American idealism, then they don't love America the most.

But, the IDEA of what constitutes "American idealism" is subjective, is it not? I mean, even though every American on here, is against THEIR idea of American idealism, look how many differences of opinion, exist, just on this site, ALONE, regarding what Americans feel is right for America, and how things should be run, and so-forth----but, that doesn't mean that any of us, Americans, are AGAINST America.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 9:16 pm

...Let's just have someone at a football game take a knee in blackface and full outfit and imitate Al Jolson (or Emmett Miller, if you're feeling rootsy - and then the s**t will really hit the FAN :P :x 8) ! !! !! !! !! !!
Mammy!

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 9:34 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Checkmate. Trump wins.

I thought our soldiers died for the right of people to choose whether to stand or not for the national anthem. Isn't kind of a slap in the face towards them to undo basic freedoms like that which they died for?

I know you were talkin' to somebody else, but I wanted to chime-in, as well, on this one.....

It's not about "undoing" freedoms----it's ONLY about limitations; and, isn't it ironic that that's always your argument, when arguing against the 2ND Amendment?

Sweetleaf wrote:
Also will it just be mandatory for the athletes or the audience as well?

I'm thinking that it could ONLY be, for the athletes----cuz, again, a company/organization has that right----because the audience doesn't work for the NFL.

What does this kneeling hurt, if they were being disruptive throughout the game in an effort to 'protest' I'd understand the uproar. But they simply kneel instead of stand people can choose not to join in and then still enjoy the stupid game.

Also not sure I agree that an employer can force you to make a political/patriotic demonstration you don't want to, I do not think that is a proper 'limitation' on free speech.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Checkmate.

Trump wins.

Canada's pro football thing just got a lot wealthier.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 10:10 pm

In my humble opinion, according to the U.S. constitution (written by slave owners mind you) - the document quite clearly states we should all say whatever the hell we want.

Physical gestures aren't defamatory save for some sign language anyway; sheesh, I thought I was supposed to be the social ignoramus ere.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 10:28 pm

It seems like nobody is talking about the fact that he used taxpayer money to do this. He knew that they would kneel and that he would leave early. He used taxpayer funds to fly there and pay secret service to go with him as well as the tickets to the game knowing that the whole thing was just a publicity stunt. I don't know how Republicans can justify this and talk about how Democrats are fiscally irresponsible.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 10:47 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, I don't know whose allies you're referring to, cuz America and Germany were against each other. I'm thinking that you mean that those allied with America, were on the wrong side, and that the NN feel that America and her allies, should have allied with Germany? If that's what you mean, I don't agree that that's their ideology----I believe that at least PART of their ideology is, simply: "America FIRST".

Kraichgauer wrote:
As for defending the truth - what truth is that? That it's alright to hate certain people simply for who they are?

No. I feel that truth is arrived-at, by not going-with the very first reaction that someone (myself, included) has, upon hearing / reading an account of an event, for instance----a reaction that is most probably emotionally-driven----and giving thought / consideration to ALL angles of an issue / person / situation / whatever.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes, but, IMO, they don't agree that that should apply to everybody, and that's why they are regarded by many (myself, included), as despicable people----but, IMO, that doesn't mean, that they're against America; they just want everybody in America to be WASPs.

Kraichgauer wrote:
If racists can't stand by American idealism, then they don't love America the most.

But, the IDEA of what constitutes "American idealism" is subjective, is it not? I mean, even though every American on here, is against THEIR idea of American idealism, look how many differences of opinion, exist, just on this site, ALONE, regarding what Americans feel is right for America, and how things should be run, and so-forth----but, that doesn't mean that any of us, Americans, are AGAINST America.

Yes, Germany and America were on opposite sides during WWII, which is why some of them believe America should have been fighting alongside Hitler, because he held to the same sort of racism and fascism they do today.
The point of America is, everybody is supposed to be included, which is why their racial exclusion is Anti-American.
There are different interpretations of what America is all about, but to say that it's supposed to be about excluding others because of who or what they are IS against the ideal of America. A gay person in San Francisco's Castro District can be far more patriotic than a white nationalist, as can an African American living in Mississippi.