Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 4:24 am

This is something that affects most people I know.

I keep trying to figure out and get establish a rapport with people, and it strikes me as being a little unhealthy. I might for instance contact my former bullies. To figure out how their lives were. And I might message people with question after question, trying to figure out as much as possible. It strikes me as troubling.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 4:46 am

I actually have a friend like that (also an aspie.) Everytime I call him/he calls me, he asks the same questions. It would be fine otherwise, but some are really personal and even when I try to steer the conversation to other direction, like asking him what he has been doing, he gives a short answer and returns to the topic he prefers. I don't know if it's unhealthy or not, but it does make me uncomfortable.

But since you're troubled by your own behavior maybe you should try to tune it down a little bit? Try to ask a little less questions, not as often and not from so many people. Especially if it makes them uncomfortable, too.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:12 am

What I find more troubling than you asking so many questions is the fact that you can even go as far as to contact people who used to bully you. Once you've made it out of their sight, they don't deserve your attention anymore. Not with how they treated you in the past.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:18 am

Seriously, regarding the bullies -- WHY?

Don't contact your past bullies! There's another thread on here where someone in their 30s got bullied AGAIN by some b***h who tried to get her to "bark like a dog" in a public place.

FCK bullies. Why would you even care what they're up to now?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:52 am

Bird in flight

Exactly

The best case scenario is what, an "I'm sorry, sir/ma'am"

The worst case scenario is :cry: subject to imagination :?:

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:58 am

BirdInFlight wrote:
Seriously, regarding the bullies -- WHY?

Don't contact your past bullies! There's another thread on here where someone in their 30s got bullied AGAIN by some b***h who tried to get her to "bark like a dog" in a public place.

FCK bullies. Why would you even care what they're up to now?
Weirdly enough, he opened up to me. I found the experience rewarding despite arguably its foolishness.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 9:22 am

I would never contact my bullies---but I can understand, in a way, why you would want some kind of "closure," some kind of justification for what they did. Even a form of revenge in which you reveal, to them, the impact of their bullying.

Sort of like that scene in Hamlet----where a murder was portrayed right in front of the murderer.

Some people grow up; others don't.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 12:50 pm

Shahunsha

After reading your original post, I got an even stronger urge than usual to contact precious lil "people" that had the nerve to tell me that it was "lying" for. Me to ask them to call me "he" instead of "she". (That was in 2004 San Diego)

But if, after all those lgbt laws that have passed (since2004) and all the political demonstration, they remain homophobic, then I do not have the authority or brute power to change that.

Anyways, when I was in grammar school, plenty of students physically bullied me. At the time, all I wanted was for them to leave me alone. :heart: restraining order :jester: .

So, for me to voluntarily proactively attempt to initiate interaction with them - just does not make sense

Yes I want closure and a happy ending and answers

But that is too idealistic. Not. Practical enough

Please please please do not attempt to make contact with previous alleged bullies

:mrgreen: