Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should I make an aspie/autistic teen discord server?
Yes, a teen chatroom for autistics would be great! 57%  57%  [ 27 ]
Yes, but it should be for autistics of all ages. 19%  19%  [ 9 ]
Yes, but there should also be a separate for all ages 15%  15%  [ 7 ]
No, I'm not interested 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 47

blast335
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 1:38 pm

I saw a thread here that was really old discussing the possibility of an aspie/autistic teen chat room.

This really interests me. I could set up a discord server for that if people would be interested.

I speak on behalf of no-one but myself. For how can I represent anyone else? If someone shares my opinion on a topic, are we now the same person? With the same opinions on all topics? No, of course not.
-Blast335 (me)

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2017, 9:21 pm

I'm sure a lot of us would like that. Discord is so handy too.

brandonb1312
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Oct 2017, 12:50 am

I’m interested

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 11:12 am

I am interested too! :)

-LegoMaster2149 (Written on October 27, 2017)

blast335
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Oct 2017, 10:15 pm

Alright I've created the channel
https://discord.gg/MJw9ACT

I will later create a general Wrong Planet room, but for now this is a Teen channel.

Also, please invite friends from other fourums/irl. But only those with Autism/Aspergers. This channel is to be our chatroom escape from NT's.

I speak on behalf of no-one but myself. For how can I represent anyone else? If someone shares my opinion on a topic, are we now the same person? With the same opinions on all topics? No, of course not.
-Blast335 (me)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm

...I voted for having an all ages as well there. I would :) !

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Hyeokgeose
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Oct 2017, 12:41 am

I would be interested in participating in a discord; but, I think it would be a good idea to allow all ages, especially since older folks have valuable life experiences to share. Also, technically I'm not a teen anymore I suppose, but I'm still a very young adult and much like a later teen.

"It’s not until they tell you you’re going to die soon that you realize how short life is. Time is the most valuable thing in life because it never comes back. And whether you spend it in the arms of a loved one or alone in a prison-cell, life is what you make of it. Dream big."
-Stefán Karl Stefánsson
10 July, 1975 - 21 August, 2018.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2017, 12:03 pm

Hyeokgeose wrote:
I would be interested in participating in a discord; but, I think it would be a good idea to allow all ages, especially since older folks have valuable life experiences to share. Also, technically I'm not a teen anymore I suppose, but I'm still a very young adult and much like a later teen.

I agree with you, they should make the already existing channel for everyone, since as of right now there are only 4 people on the server including me. That would probably help a lot.

LegoMaster2149
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 5:21 pm

Update: The owner has created a general chat for all ages. So now anyone can join the Discord server! :D

Masakados
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm

Our little community has grown a bit.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2017, 8:13 pm

It's good to have all ages.

But, isn't it true that teens sometimes just want to hang out among themselves, without adults.

When I was a teen, I didn't like to hang out with adults all the time. I wanted to hang out with my fellow teens.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:54 am

...I didn"t realize, when I signed up for The discord, that it was basically about video games. Which I don't play. And I do even know that I can reach the discord from my little phone which is almost all the 'Net access I have :( .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 1:55 am

...I didn"t realize, when I signed up for The discord, that it was basically about video games. Which I don't play. And I do even know that I can reach the discord from my little phone which is almost all the 'Net access I have :( .

The Musings Of The Lost
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2017, 8:29 am

Joined. Im admiral dinosuar in chat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:41 am

I haven't been into video games since the 1980s. I probably wouldn't know much of the parlance.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2017, 9:51 am

It's not about video games, it's us chatting about anything.