Page 7 of 7 [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2018, 2:41 pm

when it came to numbers I was below average, same for the timed spatial test. verbal was the only thing I did well on, so well that now and then i'd score an aggregate in the gifted range, but more often I dinged below average. how I felt on test day was a big determinant of my performance. I think IQ tests [as conceived of by lewis terman et al] are just the dominant class' way of parsing the people underneath them for [what they consider to be] societal usefulness, and a highly flawed way at that - separating the bright cattle from the rest and lumping the ones who just didn't test well [but were really bright otherwise] in with the rest of the dullards to be marginalized, enslaved via various means, or put on cattle trucks to be slaughtered in useless war. so when you hear some stuffed shirt Social Darwinist braggart make snide remarks about the "useless eaters," IMHO that is the mark of the same kind of eugenicist booster who invented the IQ tests.

Sofisol612
Raven
Raven

15 Jan 2018, 6:53 pm

I've never been in special ed, but when I was in first grade my school said I needed an aide who worked one-on-one with me because of my behavioral problems (mostly tantrums and meltdowns). I was always of average intelligence. I had no language problems and am not a visual thinker, so I did mostly fine with schoolwork. My main problems were at gym and in graphic communication, because my motor skills are impaired. Fortunately, I was allowed to skip P.E. lessons in primary school (that was done for everyone´s safety, as I had very violent meltdowns out of frustration in that class) and the teacher of graphic communication seemed to understand my situation and she gave me passing marks even when my drawings were embarassingly messy and ugly.

Autism Quotient: 30
Aspie quiz: 123/200 aspie; 75/200 NT
RAADS: 135