I play Sims and I’m an aspie, is that weird?

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 9:09 am

Keladry wrote:
I don't think it's weird. The Sims are fun. Wouldn't it be interesting though if they programed ASD Sims???

You could build-in some traits yourself, when creating a new character in the game. In the creation section where you choose greater or lesser degrees of sociability, among other things, you could just give them very low need for that kind of thing. You will get a Sim who doesn't fade away and die just because you didn't get other Sims to knock on his door and hang out with him, lol. It can be useful anyway to set up a Sim with low needs for the usual things, as it's easier to keep that Sim content.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:18 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
Keladry wrote:
I don't think it's weird. The Sims are fun. Wouldn't it be interesting though if they programed ASD Sims???

You could build-in some traits yourself, when creating a new character in the game. In the creation section where you choose greater or lesser degrees of sociability, among other things, you could just give them very low need for that kind of thing. You will get a Sim who doesn't fade away and die just because you didn't get other Sims to knock on his door and hang out with him, lol. It can be useful anyway to set up a Sim with low needs for the usual things, as it's easier to keep that Sim content.

That actually sounds kind of fun. And ironically, the part that I always hated was having to make and maintain friendships within the game in order to advance the career!! Ugh. Even in simulation it stinks :)

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:30 pm

I know! All that standing in front of each other talking and gesticulating! I found it funny though when they both used to stop talking and just stood around folding their arms and tapping their feet, having run out of things to say! :lol:

This thread is making me want to fire up my old computer and play my Sims again.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:40 pm

Keladry wrote:

That actually sounds kind of fun. And ironically, the part that I always hated was having to make and maintain friendships within the game in order to advance the career!! Ugh. Even in simulation it stinks :)

Yeah, I'm so glad they removed that with later versions of the game. In The Sims 4, you just have to get a skill or two to a certain level to be promoted, and the jobs have a task your Sim can perform every day to improve their performance, but they don't have to do it. I think they took the friendship requirements away with The Sims 2, if I remember correctly.

I wish finding a job was as easy in real life as it is in The Sims - no searching for jobs, and the instant you apply, you're hired.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:45 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Keladry wrote:

Yeah, I'm so glad they removed that with later versions of the game. In The Sims 4, you just have to get a skill or two to a certain level to be promoted, and the jobs have a task your Sim can perform every day to improve their performance, but they don't have to do it. I think they took the friendship requirements away with The Sims 2, if I remember correctly.

I wish finding a job was as easy in real life as it is in The Sims - no searching for jobs, and the instant you apply, you're hired.

Oh thank goodness it got taken out! I've played the Sims 3 but thinking about it I don't think I've done any of the career paths because I didn't want to have to "socialize" my Sims. But maybe I'll try a new game and actually have them work if that's not in it anymore :)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:52 pm

Keladry wrote:

Oh thank goodness it got taken out! I've played the Sims 3 but thinking about it I don't think I've done any of the career paths because I didn't want to have to "socialize" my Sims. But maybe I'll try a new game and actually have them work if that's not in it anymore :)

I haven't played The Sims 3 in a while because I got 4, but I'm almost certain there weren't any friendship requirements in it.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Keladry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 8:54 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Keladry wrote:

I haven't played The Sims 3 in a while because I got 4, but I'm almost certain there weren't any friendship requirements in it.

YAY!! !!

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 1:42 am

Not weird, i've played every game except for TS4 which i loathe because of it's focus on social instead of the open world/immersive gameplay that was added to TS3, felt like stepping back in time. I despised TS1 because the social part was forced upon you.

And as mentioned, in the latter games it was easy to specify personal traits to make any type of person of any diagnosis.

Would be good for the general population to be able to play as handicapped in a wheelchair or specifically an Aspie that had to deal with the world around them to build a bit more empathy in NTs playing the game.

Moronerd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2017, 4:47 pm

I enjoy the sims, but I'm not an aspie. And I tend to play my characters as loners improving their skills. The weird thing is whenever they try to play video games, I get annoyed. Might feel better about it if the games they played weren't so lame.

seaweasel
Toucan
Toucan

03 Nov 2017, 3:12 am

not at all, i played ts3 earlier this year and i might get it for ps4 when it comes out

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 8:19 am

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs on November 10. I'm super excited, especially about the veterinary career.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm

Not at all. Those games are awesome. I really want The Sims 4 for Christmas.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2017, 6:17 pm

I used to love Sims, and I’m an aspie!

Windigo
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2017, 1:54 am

Nothing weird about it, we aspies are human too ;)

I play the Sims freeplay on mobile currently because I can´t afford a computer, and I love it. Have played for three years now. Would play the game on a computer too if I had one.

aikoinazuma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2017, 1:21 am

I play Sims 2 and like making weird houses and putting together weird dysfunctional families in the game. (As an example I built a house where the bathroom was all over the backyard and the kitchen was combined with the bedroom, etc)

WallflowerAsparagus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2017, 2:00 am

I don't think this is strange. I used to play Sims as a teenager and it became my obsession for a while. I remember the characters I made being very NT in design and I was interested in how they interacted and went about with their lives in auto mode. I rather loved designing houses most. Before I knew about SimCity and Sims, I used to make little maps, designs of towns and such and make houses, roads, jobs, schools and friendships between my stuffed animals and dolls.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 156 of 200.
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 56 of 200.
RAADS-R score: 175.0
Artist | INFJ-T | heterodemisexual.