Page 1 of 32 [ 505 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 11:03 pm

... I reger to Dr. Who a.lot here.
This was meant to be in my " mistake..? " thread but I pushed the wrong button again :cry:...and I don't want to write it again :x !
I writr more about the situation here at the rehab on my " In the rehab place " line, which was meant to be a post here but :(...
My going out some, which IIRC you were against, DW, has let me coninue to work this phone (which,DW, you said I shouldn't have, going too the library instead - Which I haven't been able to do since I've been back, DE, and I doubt whether I could get a library card here, the SW library apparently, IIRC, didn't considef my ID cars sufficient proof, just as the US Post Office would not let me rent a SC post office box).
I still have the dream of the college ecperience, uni :cry: ...buf my health and the difficulty even in arranging pre-college cc classes seem possibly insurmontable:cry: ...You were sgainst me wanting it, you, DW
, IIRC

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 5:21 pm

ASS-P wrote:
... I reger to Dr. Who a.lot here.
This was meant to be in my " mistake..? " thread but I pushed the wrong button again :cry:...and I don't want to write it again :x !
I writr more about the situation here at the rehab on my " In the rehab place " line, which was meant to be a post here but :(...
My going out some, which IIRC you were against, DW, has let me coninue to work this phone (which,DW, you said I shouldn't have, going too the library instead - Which I haven't been able to do since I've been back, DE, and I doubt whether I could get a library card here, the SW library apparently, IIRC, didn't considef my ID cars sufficient proof, just as the US Post Office would not let me rent a SC post office box).
I still have the dream of the college ecperience, uni :cry: ...buf my health and the difficulty even in arranging pre-college cc classes seem possibly insurmontable:cry: ...You were sgainst me wanting it, you, DW
, IIRC

So what good does the phone do you if you are not going to get a job? I mean this as a serious question, and posting here isn't a good enough reason in and of itself to have one. And what cards did the Post Office want? All they should have asked for is a current valid state ID or DL. And again, I was right about college--if you had gotten into SFCC you would be missing class right now!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 9:57 pm

...Internet access is enough need for a smartphone! :x Being able to call someone, including for emergencies...I believe you we/are againt all cc/uni attempts on my part, correct? Not just ths attempt to get into cc CCSF as a stepping stone. I know for sufe the SC post office turned me down some years ago, perhaps it was an outside-imposed rule, as they were nice to me, but...Likewise, IIRC, the SC (not SW) library.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

Hey if you can go to school, great, but understand that you stand or fall on your own. You, you, all you. Its just nutty to expect social workers to do everything to get you in, and if you try again at least you will have learned that much.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 6:35 pm

...No " normal " 18-yd old does it all on their own! (od even older) :cry:
Furthermore, I AM persomally and economically/socially handicapped...and have been scafred by my past encounters with the College-Industrial Complex, as well - which, in fact, tended toward " truing to do it all myself " - and flopped :( . You are the one who, in the past, said that I was too crippled to go to uni - So, why should I give a f**k what
you say:twisted: ?

22"]Hey if you can go to school, great, but understand that you stand or fall on your own. You, you, all you. Its just nutty to expect social workers to do everything to get you in, and if you try again at least you will have learned that much.[/quote]

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 1:45 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Furthermore, I AM persomally and economically/socially handicapped...and have been scafred by my past encounters with the College-Industrial Complex, as well - which, in fact, tended toward " truing to do it all myself " - and flopped :( . You are the one who, in the past, said that I was too crippled to go to uni - So, why should I give a f**k what

22"]Hey if you can go to school, great, but understand that you stand or fall on your own. You, you, all you. Its just nutty to expect social workers to do everything to get you in, and if you try again at least you will have learned that much.
[/quote]

Would you quit with this refrain? I did it all myself as an 18yo Aspie. Since you are older, you would be expected to handle MORE of this yourself, not less.

Yes, getting into school has hoops to jump through and a game to play. It sucks, but thats how it is and its not changing any time soon, its reality.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2017, 4:05 pm

...If you mean that you applied and got into college at 18 with Absolutely No Help Whatsoeve - Well, perhaps, but I imagine you had much infraztructure/institutional help that you could use, especially if you were sgill in HS or just revently out.
You likely had tbe status of " I'm Aspie " and help from tbat - wbich might be called being helped, as in charity...from you wbo lectures me about " charity...rules ".
I nevef had the possible help the " AS " sttus could have gotten me...And, far worse, thkngs happened and happened to me tbat pfevented me from taking off rightand things that I did not have either. I am scarred :cry: :(.
I asked for help with the school hoops (In general, not from you! :x). You CLAIM you did it all yourself while announcing your Aspie status, which itself probably got you help. Uh-huh.

who222"]

ASS-P wrote:

22"]Hey if you can go to school, great, but understand that you stand or fall on your own. You, you, all you. Its just nutty to expect social workers to do everything to get you in, and if you try again at least you will have learned that much.
[/quote]

Would you quit with this refrain? I did it all myself as an 18yo Aspie. Since you are older, you would be expected to handle MORE of this yourself, not less.

Yes, getting into school has hoops to jump through and a game to play. It sucks, but thats how it is and its not changing any time soon, its reality.[/quote]

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 4:32 pm

I have always known I was different, but I never even heard of AS or had a diagnosis until 5 years ago. Needless to say, my Aspie status, unknown at the time, did not help me get into college. Of course I filled out my aps myself, who else would? Thats not the job of the HS Guidence Councilor.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2017, 9:23 pm

...Even minus AS status, I am sure that you had personns and institutionall machinery available to you! :x And being " the sort of person who , generally, applies " an 18yr old student type :cry: ...

...Eho222ven minuds z"]I have always known I was different, but I never even heard of AS or had a diagnosis until 5 years ago. Needless to say, my Aspie status, unknown at the time, did not help me get into college. Of course I filled out my aps myself, who else would? Thats not the job of the HS Guidence Councilor.[/quote]

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 3:04 pm

I don't know what to tell you, except that I see no way out of your situation. Even if you did go to school to be a gentleman scholar of some kind, how would you pay for classes? Jr colleges can be just as expensive if not more than a 4 year school.

With regard to the help I had, if you have an application, stamp, and a mail box, you've got it. With online applications now, you don't even need the last two.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 5:02 pm

...You had an infrastructure to draw on, I'm sure, and a world/status that would back you up.

rwho222"]I don't know what to tell you, except that I see no way out of your situation. Even if you did go to school to be a gentleman scholar of some kind, how would you pay for classes? Jr colleges can be just as expensive if not more than a 4 year school.

With regard to the help I had, if you have an application, stamp, and a mail box, you've got it. With online applications now, you don't even need the last two.[/quote]

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:03 pm

ASS-P,

When I say that you should become a writer, here's the thing.
You have so much talent,
and so much life experience ...
that I think you already ARE a writer,
without needing to go to college.

My goodness, your life story would make an incredible series of blog posts, or a short story, a novel, a movie.
You could write about the plight of the homeless,
be an activist, like a, dare I say? Journalist.
... I wish you had a larger audience than just us folks here at WP.

What I wish was available to you
was some way you could make money with your writing.
Maybe that's what we should be brainstorming about?

And again, you know me.
I don't say stuff just to make people feel good.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:11 pm

That's one of my dreams--to be a gentleman scholar......

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
That's one of my dreams--to be a gentleman scholar......

Yes, I see you as making a fine gentleman scholar, kraftiekortie ... 8)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2017, 8:49 pm

And you always emerge from the Ashes.....like a butterfly :D

I'm not sure about this ASS-P....but is this the first time hospital people asked you "where you will be going?"

Who knows: maybe they're looking for some sort of placement for you.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2017, 3:56 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...You had an infrastructure to draw on, I'm sure, and a world/status that would back you up.

rwho222"]I don't know what to tell you, except that I see no way out of your situation. Even if you did go to school to be a gentleman scholar of some kind, how would you pay for classes? Jr colleges can be just as expensive if not more than a 4 year school.

With regard to the help I had, if you have an application, stamp, and a mail box, you've got it. With online applications now, you don't even need the last two.
[/quote]

What infrastructure are you imagining here? The only thing my HS guidance councilor did was give me some advice on schools that had programs I was considering. They took no active steps to get me accepted or enrolled.