There is a cat outside acting weird

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 6:10 pm

I thought about calling the police to see if the kitty is okay. The cat has been outside an apartment for hours mewing loudly. I wonder if maybe someone forgot it or it got outside somehow and isnt supposed to be outside. I probably worry too much. It could just be in heat or just a weird cat.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2017, 7:46 pm

I'm thinking that maybe this cat is a male cat who REALLY wants a female cat.

Or the cat might be stuck in something.

You seem to live in a place where nothing much goes on. Maybe do call the police, in case the cat is really in distress.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 12:13 am

Why not go check on it?
If it stays round you could get some food and water and make a life long friend. Well it’s life anyways

We got one of our cats as a kid that way. She showed up and we feed her and she decided to stay with us. She moved with us too. She liked rolling in gravel 0.o

Neighbors cat down the street gets lonely and meows at me sometimes just wants love like most living things.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 11:14 am

I think the cat is gone now. I dont see it through the window. It was out there for a long time mewing into the night so I worried.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 11:43 am

Sarahsmith wrote:
I think the cat is gone now. I dont see it through the window. It was out there for a long time mewing into the night so I worried.

If it was meowing at a door or something like that it was probably trying to get its owners attention to let it in. some people do have outside/inside cats, or it could have been an inside cat that got out by accident.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 6:59 am

Isn't kitty horny time in March?

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 2:47 pm

I think the poor kitty was just not used to being outside around people. If I had a town cat Id be too afraid to let it outside.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 3:04 pm

Sarahsmith wrote:
I think the poor kitty was just not used to being outside around people. If I had a town cat Id be too afraid to let it outside.

Regardless of how they look cats are murderous little thugs. If you were three inches shorter than the cat it wouldn't think twice about stomping you, tossing your damaged body around gleefully until you died, at which point it would eat you. Still feel like it's a 'poor kitty'? And most likely the cat was fine, their main predators in a city environment are cars, and there's nothing you can do about them. Even declawed and domesticated house cats can fend and feed themselves if turned to the wild, it's instinctual. Never feel sorry for a cat, they're much more capable than humans give them credit for.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 5:14 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Sarahsmith wrote:

Regardless of how they look cats are murderous little thugs. If you were three inches shorter than the cat it wouldn't think twice about stomping you, tossing your damaged body around gleefully until you died, at which point it would eat you. Still feel like it's a 'poor kitty'? And most likely the cat was fine, their main predators in a city environment are cars, and there's nothing you can do about them. Even declawed and domesticated house cats can fend and feed themselves if turned to the wild, it's instinctual. Never feel sorry for a cat, they're much more capable than humans give them credit for.

Depend of the cat.