Breaking - 3yr Old Autistic girl Missing in Texas

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2017, 2:20 am

^^^ That really happened. It was the Chamberlain case in 1980 and Lindy Chamberlain was eventually reprieved after over 30 years by the court who ruled that Baby Azaria was in fact taken by a dingo. A very tragic case indeed.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 3:53 am

envirozentinel wrote:
^^^ That really happened. It was the Chamberlain case in 1980 and Lindy Chamberlain was eventually reprieved after over 30 years by the court who ruled that Baby Azaria was in fact taken by a dingo. A very tragic case indeed.

And yet biologists admit the probability of a dingo entering a human settlement and stealing a baby is very very low, they are extremely shy

More likely if the baby was taken it was a feral dog, but any case Lindy Chaberlain was exonerated so that's all over now

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 3:54 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if they find the girl safe, and that convoluted story the father tells turns out to be the truth, he should still be brought up on charges of child endangerment.

His excuses are bordering on farcical...in addition to waiting 5 hrs before calling the police he seemed to be suggesting she might have been taken by a coyote! it's almost like he is setting up an alibi

I'm sure he got that from the Australian movie where the baby was taken by a dingo.

In that case the dingo is (alleged) to have entered the campsite while the baby was sleeping

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:21 am

cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Even if they find the girl safe, and that convoluted story the father tells turns out to be the truth, he should still be brought up on charges of child endangerment.

His excuses are bordering on farcical...in addition to waiting 5 hrs before calling the police he seemed to be suggesting she might have been taken by a coyote! it's almost like he is setting up an alibi

I'm sure he got that from the Australian movie where the baby was taken by a dingo.

In that case the dingo is (alleged) to have entered the campsite while the baby was sleeping

Indeed.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 12:02 pm

If he thought coyotes were in the area why the hell would he send a small child out alone in the dark?
Why would anyone send a child out like that??

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 5:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
If he thought coyotes were in the area why the hell would he send a small child out alone in the dark?

Its been a week now so things are looking grim

A vigil will be held for the poor girl
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/13/poli ... amily-suv/

A development is that a neighbor thought the father's SUV was driving away from the home about that time. The FBI are now checking his vehicle. It's starting to look like a planned murder

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 2:05 am

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Its been a week now so things are looking grim

A vigil will be held for the poor girl
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/13/poli ... amily-suv/

A development is that a neighbor thought the father's SUV was driving away from the home about that time. The FBI are now checking his vehicle. It's starting to look like a planned murder

Crap. It looked like this from the start, didn't it? Autistic kid can't sleep, parents lose control, kid ends up dead, parents concoct stupid cover story. I'm not so sure it was planned, though.

Poor little girl.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 9:16 am

Yes. I was hoping against hope it wasn't that, but it pretty much is. . .

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 8:03 pm

Latest update suggests the police confirm Wesley Mathews did drive his car for 1 hour after the girl went missing
http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/ex ... erin-69979
Though Wesley was originally arrested by the Richardson police in Texas for endangering and abandoning his child, he was (bizarrely) let off on bond.

However, there has been much public pressure (including ironically his home town in India) on the Richardson police to investigate the father further, with public opinion now completely against him.

Seems both social services and the local police are not following "best practice" in handling what has happened

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 10:24 pm

Bad news

The little girls body has been found close by to where the father left her?
http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/10/11/09/ ... texas-girl

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 10:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Bad news

The little girls body has been found close by to where the father left her?
http://honey.nine.com.au/2017/10/11/09/ ... texas-girl

Even if the father hadn't killed her directly, he's responsible for her death.