Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 5:06 am

Do you dress for style or comfort or both?

I got a bunch of new clothes. All the pants are jogger type with an elastic waistband. I find them more comfortable than jeans. And I always wear hoodies too. All I care about is soft and comfortable. I only like wearing black, grey and dark blue though. I would feel uncomfortable in a hoodie that was bright green or orange etc. Shoes are always New Balance because they are so comfortable.

What about you, what are your preferences?

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Oct 2017, 5:32 am

I care for wearing colors fitting my palette, then comfort, then style.
I wear trekking trousers and sport shoes. Every time I thought of adopting a more feminine image, I gave it up at a shoes store.
Now I prefer to look nerdy. Then people make less of a fuss when I start acting nerdy.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 6:34 am

Both. I wear what I feel comfortable and confident in. I love fashion and I can't look stylish and happy with blisters on my feet from stilettos (I prefer flats). I also hate baggy jeans so skinny jeans help. Plus skinny jeans look good with my UGG boots. Sometimes I wear elastic waist jeans with cute sneakers.

Makeup is nice too. I like liquid lipstick or lip gloss and these tinted Clinique lip balms that are very nice. I wear eyeshadow but rarely mascara because it makes my eyelashes fall out sometimes and BB cream and concealer.

I always make sure my purse looks right with the outfit.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2017, 7:12 am

I don't care much about what I'm wearing. There are absolutely clothes which I wouldn't put on, either because I think they're ugly or uncomfortable. And if I'm going somewhere where I'm supposed to look normal or just want to blend in, then I spend a lot of time picking out the clothes that are both whole and clean, and matches each other, and don't stick out too much. But that's more about other people than the clothes themselves.
Other than that, I don't care at all. I never buy clothes (except for underwear and socks) but everything I own was either found or given to me. So even if I do have a preference for what I like to wear, it's a very small part of my life. I don't really see the point in spending money on a shirt when I already have a few of them at home.

SH90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 9:21 am

I typically wear blue jeans and 5.11 button up shirt, mostly because it's comfortable and conceals a gun well. If it's hot, then a nice pair of shorts and Tommy Bahama camp shirt (again comfortable and conceals)... I also have cheap gym clothes, that I will use when working outside if I'm not going to the gym (if they get destroyed I don't care).

I am more picky about the material, polyester s**t bothers me a bit.

Shoes are usually hiking, tennis, cowboy boots, or flip flops.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 9:51 am

Comfort first.Usually all cotton t-shirts and cotton pants.I can't stand some fabrics,some are scratchy,too tight or feel like my skin can't breathe.
I also like New Balance shoes,they are extra comfy.Just found a new pair on sale at Sierra Trading Post.

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2017, 10:09 am

I don't like tight clothing. I usually wear whatever I want or whatever is comfortable. Stylish clothes can be nice if trying to recieve approval from neurotypicals.

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 11:24 am

Comfort

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 1:41 pm

Comfort and safety.

With pants it's all about the fit.
I can't stand anything baggy around my legs, so it's skinny jeans or cut off jeans or fitted type cargo pants/shorts.
I like lots of pockets.
I hate sweatpants, the material makes me itch, and they're too warm for where I live, even in winter.

Tops are usually collared, button-up long sleeve shirts for sun protection.
I don't like t-shirts much.
Cotton is my preferred material.
I have a few cotton, military style jackets and multi-pocket vests with zip up pockets I can keep my valuables in.

Shoes are canvas lace-ups or thongs.
I have a large assortment of hats, beanies and bandanas.
Don't feel safe without something on my head, especially in magpie season. :D

garysoneji
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Oct 2017, 2:07 pm

I dress for comfort and functionality. Style is mostly unimportant to me.
(Loose-fitting t-shirts, tactical cargo pants, and hiking shoes.)

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 3:52 pm

Skinny jeans
T shirt
Denim jacket
Sparkly pink scarf

I'd say I'm good at putting together both comfortable and stylish outfits

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:17 pm

I prefer male or unisex clothes that aren't overly casual but very stylish. Being retro-styled is a plus as well.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm

I dress for comfort. I always wear a plain white tShirt, shorts, & New Balance shoes because they're about the only 1s I can find with velcro(I have bad fine motor-skills & can tie shoes but it's easier for me not to). When I'm going outside when it's cold I wear jeans & a jacket over my tShirt.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 10:45 pm

Comfort most of the time. If I dress for fashion I will change as soon as I get home. Sometimes I will get lucky and find comfortable clothes that also look good. Mostly I will wear some sweatpants or athletic pants and a tshirt or hoodie. Most jeans the texture bothers me, only a couple pairs are comfortable enough to just sit around the house in.

In terms of shoes, comfort first. My current shoes were supposed to be orthodics and help but I hate them. Was wearing sock and sandalls most of the summer because they cause me so much less pain than my shoes do.

Kiki1256
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 10:49 pm

I try to be fashionable when I'm in a new environment and want to make a good impression. Otherwise I just wear comfy clothes. During the beginning of the school year I was wearing nice shirts and jeans, but now that I know everyone better I wear T-shirts and sweatpants.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2017, 11:34 pm

Mostly for comfort, and rarely wear anything for fashion.

I usually don't go out sleeveless or anything that shows my shoulders, and anything shorter above the knee.
Footwear should be durable, and on right size because it's hard to find that suits my feet size and shape.

If one asks me in terms of looks, it could be anything as long as above is applied -- and NO character themes. Logos are fine, quotes are fine.. I don't care if I become a walking advertisement. But not someone else's face.
Though, I don't mind wearing those most at the time... It's just a superficial preference, really.

Someday, I'll tailor my own clothes and shoes for comfort AND fashion. :twisted:

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.