Page 1 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:16 pm

Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve?

Scripture are clear. Sin and death entered this world through Adam, and he was thus to blame for original sin.

Yet God rewarded Adam with dominion over Eve even though Eve was not responsible for sin and death entering the world. Gen3:16 and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

This shows God continuing the policy of punishing the innocent instead of the guilty that is shown in scriptures. 1Peter 1:20 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

God seems to be rewarding Adam for sin while punishing Eve for the events in Eden even though she was innocent of sin as she did not have any evil intent and was deceived by Satan, a force that she could not possibly resist thanks to God giving Satan the power to deceive the whole world after God put Satan in Eden with Eve.

If making man ruler over women that was an error, it would help explain the 5,000 years of war we have had to endure with undeserving men as rulers.

Gnostic Christianity, a Universalist belief system, believes in full equality for all souls. Christianity obviously does not believe in equality if it preaches that men are to perpetually enjoy ruling over women. Not to mention the inequality of gays.

Did God err in making Adam ruler over Eve and thus punishing the innocent instead of the guilty?

Regards
DL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2017, 7:19 pm

Yes he did.And caused a widespread hatred of serpents.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

12 Oct 2017, 2:27 am

I'm wary of poisonous serpents, but have nothing against snakes of any kind. I wouldn't kill them, and would be quite willing to have a non-venomous serpent as a pet.

Yes, the Adam & Eve story seems to still serve as justification by some folk to treat women as "lesser beings" and "the weaker sex".

I'd love to have seen Misslizard in the Garden. She'd have convinced the serpent to eat the apple himself! :D

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 7:33 am

Misslizard wrote:

Indeed.

Do you know why they intentionally did that by reversing the moral of the story from what the Jews saw as our elevation, to our fall?

Regards
DL

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 7:37 am

envirozentinel wrote:
I'm wary of poisonous serpents, but have nothing against snakes of any kind. I wouldn't kill them, and would be quite willing to have a non-venomous serpent as a pet.

Yes, the Adam & Eve story seems to still serve as justification by some folk to treat women as "lesser beings" and "the weaker sex".

I'd love to have seen Misslizard in the Garden. She'd have convinced the serpent to eat the apple himself! :D

She did not have to as she already had the knowledge of good and evil and chose to do the right thing and free A & E from the immoral tyranny that God had imposed.

Regards
DL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 8:20 am

envirozentinel wrote:

:lol: My Iguana like apples very much.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 8:23 am

GnosticBishop wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Indeed.

Do you know why they intentionally did that by reversing the moral of the story from what the Jews saw as our elevation, to our fall?

Regards
DL

I have no idea.
In many religions the serpent is a bringer of knowledge,not a deceiver.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 8:45 am

Misslizard wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Indeed.

Regards
DL

I have no idea.
In many religions the serpent is a bringer of knowledge,not a deceiver.

Exactly, and the world was full of serpent honoring mystery cults and religions in those days, including the Jews that the Christians wanted to denigrate.

Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 12:36 am

Did God Err In Making Adam Ruler Over Eve?

Well it does sound a bit sexist.

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 6:03 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:

A bit is a bit of an understatement.

It is a master and slave situation and women have been victimized from Christianity's conception by satanic minds.

Regards
DL

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:44 pm

GnosticBishop wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

It is a master and slave situation and women have been victimized from Christianity's conception by satanic minds.

Regards
DL

Sounds like making Adam ruler over Eve was a big mistake.

Is God capable of erring?

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 10:24 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
GnosticBishop wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

Regards
DL

Sounds like making Adam ruler over Eve was a big mistake.

Is God capable of erring?

From what you and I think, yes.

God, being a human construct, this erring just shows why we should not idolize our own constructed ideals.

Regards
DL

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:28 am

If there is a God he made a huge error in allowing mankind dominion over the earth.It was like giving a toddler a priceless Ming vase.What did he think would happen to the earth??

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 11:46 am

Misslizard wrote:
If there is a God he made a huge error in allowing mankind dominion over the earth.It was like giving a toddler a priceless Ming vase.What did he think would happen to the earth??

The earth is doing quite well. It wants life and does not care what kind of life is here. We do but we are like an ant on an elephants back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Miv4N ... re=related

Regards
DL

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 12:14 pm

In the Bible the "forbidden fruit" might not have been an apple. It's never mentioned what specific kind of fruit it is. It could have been just about any fruit.

Of course, the whole Bible is just one big piece of sexist literature, where Eve was punished for eating the forbidden fruit with the pain of childbirth. That's right, childbirth really is a punishment. Go figure.:roll: And women are supposed to be forbidden from doing things like speaking in church. In fact many people who are religious commit sins from the Bible all the time and don't even think of it.

There is no evidence that Adam and Eve ever existed. And in all the art I've seen they have belly buttons. Why would they have belly buttons if they were the first man and woman on earth? :)

GnosticBishop
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2017, 12:25 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Quote:
In the Bible the "forbidden fruit" might not have been an apple. It's never mentioned what specific kind of fruit it is. It could have been just about any fruit.

What kind of fruit/product does an apple tree give?
What king of fruit/product does an orange tree give?

In anticipation of your answer, you are correct. Apples and oranges.

Note the logic?

Now tell us, what king of fruit/product do you think a tree of the knowledge of good and evil will give you?

I know you can dither out the right answer. If you cannot, P M me as you do not want to shame yourself publicly.

Pardon my mood. I am nicking.

Quote:
Of course, the whole Bible is just one big piece of sexist literature, where Eve was punished for eating the forbidden fruit with the pain of childbirth. That's right, childbirth really is a punishment. Go figure.:roll: And women are supposed to be forbidden from doing things like speaking in church. In fact many people who are religious commit sins from the Bible all the time and don't even think of it.

There is no evidence that Adam and Eve ever existed. And in all the art I've seen they have belly buttons. Why would they have belly buttons if they were the first man and woman on earth? :)

You are right and show good logic.

That is why I did not tolerate your first statement well.

Regards
DL