Do you ever get stuck on a paticular song?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Oct 2017, 9:16 pm

I get stuck on a song for awhile and can listen to it over and over 100 times probably. Then I put it away for awhile and go in a cycle with other songs. Some times its a particular musician, but usually its more the song.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 7:56 pm

This happens to me a lot and often leads to digging deeper, either for more songs from the same album, or with hip-hop usually for other tracks featuring the same emcees. Sometimes it really is just one song though, like Fighting Trousers.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 4:39 am

This happens to me way too much, most recently with Toehider's "How Do Ghosts Work". And "This Conversation Is Over" by the same artist prior to it.

Embla
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2017, 5:11 am

Was it "rosegarden"?

Yeah, I do it a lot too. Last time I got stuck on a whole album. So instead of playing just one song for a few days or weeks, it's been the same ten songs for almost four months. Still listening to it once a day, but at least I'm changing it up with some other music, finally.

blackpaladin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Oct 2017, 4:45 pm

Yuup. And I recently found the "loop" option on youtube, so now everybody hates me (right click anywhere on the video and click "loop.")

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2017, 10:46 pm

blackpaladin wrote:
Yuup. And I recently found the "loop" option on youtube, so now everybody hates me (right click anywhere on the video and click "loop.")

Amen break + loop feature = :heart:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2017, 3:04 am

She Thinks She's Edith Head, by They Might Be Giants.

Take Me To Church
, by Hozier.

Two very different songs creating two very different moods with listeners, but I've had them both stuck in my head more than once (but not at the same time - that would be insane!).