Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 2:46 am

Is that a thing? I have a diagnosis of BPD and can't feel love, just friendship which is enough for now.

Hopelessly3
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Oct 2017, 3:50 pm

I'm not Bpd myself so i can't say really. I did some reading, and it seems Bpd can have trouble controlling reaction to emotion. Only feeling lower level emotion might be a coping mechanism you've developed to maintain self control.

ShyGirl7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2017, 6:56 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Is that a thing? I have a diagnosis of BPD and can't feel love, just friendship which is enough for now.

Your symptoms that you spoke of have nothing to do with Borderline Personality Disorder.

It sounds like you have Alexithymia, which causes the symptoms you spoke of - and many people with BPD don't have Alexithymia.

Your BPD has nothing to do with your lack of ability to fall in love - you should look into Alexithymia.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

13 Oct 2017, 3:51 am

BettaPonic wrote:

I'm not diagnosed with BPD yet it seems I fit the criteria... and my spouse, too...
But, anyway: if you are BPD, it is likely that you have a severe trauma(s) related to love - and thus you try to avoid it. You can try to work your trauma through or just stick to the friendship for now.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 10:18 pm

magz wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

I'm not diagnosed with BPD yet it seems I fit the criteria... and my spouse, too...
But, anyway: if you are BPD, it is likely that you have a severe trauma(s) related to love - and thus you try to avoid it. You can try to work your trauma through or just stick to the friendship for now.

Never fallen in love.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Oct 2017, 3:52 pm

ShyGirl7 wrote:
Your symptoms that you spoke of have nothing to do with Borderline Personality Disorder.
I was diagnosed with BPD & fall in love pretty quickly & strongly. I got the BPD label because I was pretty unstable within my 1st relationship due to anxiety, OCD & being very immature for my age. I don't think I would get the BPD label now thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition