Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2017, 2:37 am

Nickchick wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I think it just shows how evil Hollywood is and how most celebs are scum. They gave convicted child rapist Roman Polanski an Oscar and they gave him a standing ovation, these actors still have jobs after brazenly supporting a paedophile. A society that tolerates child rape will tolerate anything.

It has nothing to do with Hollywood. A large percentage of people are bad in this world. It just seems more prevalent in Hollywood because others put celebs on a pedestal. They're just like us...some bad and some good.

It's tricky when the person is a rapist because we really shouldn't be letting them succeed in society but I feel like maybe some of those actors weren't supporting him they were supporting his art. Can that enable him? Possibly but people in the entertainment industry are often dreamers/emotional people and they hope that the art that he makes and the praise he gets for it will rehabilitate him. So I don't think that makes them scum. I think it possibly makes them gullible or too forgiving. Such is the case with Woody Allen. What he did was sick but people love his movies for some reason (I don't get the appeal of even his movies myself but for whatever reason people like them)

Go and watch the Roman Polanski Oscar clip, they all celebrate a child rapist getting an award I do not believe society at large would behave that way. I think most people would be disgusted with rewarding a paedophile.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 4:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Where did the connection between liberalism and Hollywood originate? (just curious)

People in the arts and entertainment have often been more liberal than much of the rest of the country, and have had a larger proportion of gays, racial minorities, as well as Jewish people, all of whom had not always been accepted in more conservative circles. It makes sense that those who work in Hollywood would try to gain the support of liberal politicians who would more likely support their values.

I thought it had something to do with McCarthyism.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2017, 6:36 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Where did the connection between liberalism and Hollywood originate? (just curious)

People in the arts and entertainment have often been more liberal than much of the rest of the country, and have had a larger proportion of gays, racial minorities, as well as Jewish people, all of whom had not always been accepted in more conservative circles. It makes sense that those who work in Hollywood would try to gain the support of liberal politicians who would more likely support their values.

I thought it had something to do with McCarthyism.

Sure, in part at least.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 12:51 pm

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 6:31 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Of course, nobody listened to Courtney Love, being that she's a heroin addict and all. Goes to show you, even heroin addicts can tell the truth.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 8:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

Of course, nobody listened to Courtney Love, being that she's a heroin addict and all. Goes to show you, even heroin addicts can tell the truth.

So can Autistics :D

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 8:52 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

I should certainly hope so!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:07 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

If you did not get the reference Courtney Love is autistic.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:38 pm

Speaking of heroin, the thing that's confusing me right now is we've got a heroin epidemic in the US and yet the music's still mediocre. Aren't we supposed to be getting over-driven rock, industrial, and reggae titans burning the candle at both ends and delivering us sublime religious experiences on audio with this much poppy juice going around?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2017, 9:46 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

If you did not get the reference Courtney Love is autistic.

Yes, I recall that, in fact. 8)

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 6:48 am

...When was Courtney declared to be " one of us "?
Does this mean she didn't have Kurt killed after all :P :lol: :twisted: :mrgreen: ?
BTW, with Murdoch's Fox News getting itself in a hood is about " Weinstien = liberal laxness " - It's been stated that Harvey W., at one point (Or more?), went after one of his lech-ees by planting nasty items about her in a gossip source as a warning of "" Don't talk or it'll be worse "...that gossip source being the Page Six section of Murdoch''s daily paper The New York Post! :twisted: :wink:

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 11:43 am

Meet U.S. Senator Al Franken (D) of Minnesota:

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

There Are Four Lights!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2017, 6:28 pm

Darmok wrote:
Meet U.S. Senator Al Franken (D) of Minnesota:

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-t ... l-franken/

The difference between Franken and the likes of Weinstein and Moore is, while Franken has stated he doesn't remember the incident as she does, he has still apologized that she was made uncomfortable, and has even apologized for the rather sexist skit itself.