Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 11:18 am

I'm surprised the Harvey Weinstein story hasn't been brought up yet. In a sense, it's so sordid that it isn't surprising people really don't want to talk about it.

There Are Four Lights!

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2017, 11:25 am

Interesting that you find women plausible when they accuse a Democrat. Democrats have consistently called a rapist a rapist.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:29 pm

Sexual predators are not exclusive to one political party or another. They are on the right, left, & middle.

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:30 pm

It's called rape culture.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 2:54 pm

Well, since you brought it up, where exactly is the line of what is acceptable and what isn't? Can you just brag about it? Is just looking OK? Is there a 3 second rule or something similar? Perhaps this does need to be discussed?

B19
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2017, 3:51 pm

Is there anyone in the big name circuit who didn't have their photo taken with this scumbag?
Did you miss this one, Darmok?

https://twitter.com/funder/status/91784 ... 37/photo/1

There are also of pictures of Trump with Weinstein, if you care to post them too.

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:21 pm

B19 wrote:
Is there anyone in the big name circuit who didn't have their photo taken with this scumbag?
Did you miss this one, Darmok?

https://twitter.com/funder/status/91784 ... 37/photo/1

There are also of pictures of Trump with Weinstein, if you care to post them too.

Like most other criminals, everybody thinks that criminals are more or less upstanding people until the accusations come out, and are backed with facts. Hopefully Wienstien gets a dose of his own karme when he's locked away in prison.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Oct 2017, 1:38 pm

The casting couch is no way new, and the conspirators always use their "celebrity" status as a counterattack defense to ensure they obligated to be "above the law." Hope he enjoys his upcoming retribution by spending the rest of his sleazy and insalubrious life in prison; and furthermore, there are so many worse cases of his kind with the global elite psychopathic pedophile sex rings clandestinely involved with the runnings of Hollywood, but these will never be unveiled for a very long time.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:18 pm

Hillary Clinton Says She Can't Know Exactly How Much She Got From Harvey Weinstein. We Can Help.

According to the FEC, Clinton received exactly $1,492,673.45 from Weinstein since 1999. Start writing that check!

For a woman who sold herself as one of the most qualified and intelligent people ever to run for President, Hillary Clinton can certainly play dumb when she wants to.

In a Wednesday night interview with CNN's Fareed Zakaria, Clinton claimed that her longtime pal Weinstein was leading a secret life as a sexual predator, and that she knew nothing about his extracurricular activities. That might be fair - after all, Weinstein seemed to hide his behavior from people in political power, the Obamas and Clintons included.

But Clinton also claimed that she would be unable to return the money Weinstein gave to and bundled for her Presidential campaign because there was no way to give the money back. She'd "re-donate" some of the money she received personally when she makes her regular 10% tithe at the end of the year, instead.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/22207/hil ... ly-zanotti

There Are Four Lights!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 5:37 pm

the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences board voted on Saturday to strip Weinstein's membership

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/14/media/a ... index.html

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 7:27 pm

This is the oldest story in the book. If you have money and power you can get away with doing disgusting things including for a long period of time if not forever.

Another old story people are hypocrites.

Weinstein's comeback, it is not a matter of if but when. Even Mel Gibson a rare conservative in Hollyweird is coming back.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2017, 5:57 pm

No surprise I guess. Back in the '30s there was this guy, Fatty Arbuckle, I think. He crushed a woman to death on the casting couch.
But it's a symptom of the relations between men and women. This happens in other work fields. It's our culture, we worship the powerful hero and women are his prize.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:13 pm

Conservatives are having a field day bashing Hollywood for not having the values of "real America." But they seem to have quickly forgotten how Steve Bannon, their Alt Right shepherd as it were, had not many years ago been one of the Hollywood elite, in fact having been involved in the production of longtime sitcom, Seinfeld.
And it should be remembered, there are genuine artists involved in the movie industry, such as writers, actors, special effects, etc, but the likes of Weinstein and Bannon, and other bugs that crawled out from under their rocks were and are mostly on the business end of Hollywood. Sure, no money, no movies, but who really brings movies to life?
And in closing, this attack on Hollywood has more to do with an attack on California, and indeed the who West Coast for valuing liberalism, than for any real moral outrage.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:21 pm

androbot01 wrote:
No surprise I guess. Back in the '30s there was this guy, Fatty Arbuckle, I think. He crushed a woman to death on the casting couch.
But it's a symptom of the relations between men and women. This happens in other work fields. It's our culture, we worship the powerful hero and women are his prize.

Actually, the woman had died from a botched (still illegal at that time) abortion she had undergone days before, after having collapsed at Arbuckle's home. It was the father of yellow journalism, media magnate William Randolph Hearst, who had made created the myth that Arbuckle had crushed the poor girl to death while trying to have sex with her solely for the sake of selling news papers. Even though Arbuckle was ultimately acquitted in court, the damage had been done and Arbuckle's life and career were left in shambles.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 10:49 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Conservatives are having a field day bashing Hollywood for not having the values of "real America." But they seem to have quickly forgotten how Steve Bannon, their Alt Right shepherd as it were, had not many years ago been one of the Hollywood elite, in fact having been involved in the production of longtime sitcom, Seinfeld.
And it should be remembered, there are genuine artists involved in the movie industry, such as writers, actors, special effects, etc, but the likes of Weinstein and Bannon, and other bugs that crawled out from under their rocks were and are mostly on the business end of Hollywood. Sure, no money, no movies, but who really brings movies to life?
And in closing, this attack on Hollywood has more to do with an attack on California, and indeed the who West Coast for valuing liberalism, than for any real moral outrage.

Personally I think Hollywood needs a good bashing. Entertainment has become highly sexualized and I think this is out of touch with the desire of many viewers and consumers in the country. There is still a market for wholesome entertainment. And personally I'm happy to see conservatives standing up for moral values again.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2017, 11:23 pm

Chronos wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Personally I think Hollywood needs a good bashing. Entertainment has become highly sexualized and I think this is out of touch with the desire of many viewers and consumers in the country. There is still a market for wholesome entertainment. And personally I'm happy to see conservatives standing up for moral values again.

Trouble is, a great deal of of morally uplifting movies are unwatchable, sacrine crap in my humble opinion.
Again, it's the business side of Hollywood that's mostly responsible for churning out overly salacious movies, as they are more interested in making money off of markets known to bring in money rather than having a concern for artistry.