Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

blast335
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2017, 12:12 pm

As of late, I've been dealing with a lot more difficult social/emotional situations than I have in the past. I'd say in the past 2-3 months I've run into more of those situations where I don't know how to act or react than I have in the past 3 years combined.

Is it ok to admit to those around me that "Hey, I'm sorry, but I don't know how to act here. What should I do?"

I speak on behalf of no-one but myself. For how can I represent anyone else? If someone shares my opinion on a topic, are we now the same person? With the same opinions on all topics? No, of course not.
-Blast335 (me)

Enceladus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Oct 2017, 5:11 pm

This is hard. It should be okay to admit it, but that is of course easier said than done. If you're honest and open about your issues and diagnosis, people should know about your limitations and behave accordingly. If you're not open and honest about you're issues you have a serious problem, like me. I need to be open and honest but I'm afraid I'll be judged and treated bad because of it :(

ismiledinstead
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Oct 2017, 11:08 am

I agree, this is difficult. It's something I've always struggled with. I'm at a point where I have no shame in not knowing. The problem is that in my experience, people don't respond well regardless. If I remain silent and nonresponsive because I'm confused, people get angry. If instead I say I am confused and don't know what to do, people are still angry. I don't know how common this is with other people. I tell you because I don't want to suggest being honest without you being prepared for the same unpleasant results.

blackpaladin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Oct 2017, 7:45 pm

Which way do you mean?

Like... You know everyone else is reacting but you're not really feeling anything and everyone else around you seems to be super emotional about it and you're just like oh um.. Don't be sad.. Should I be sad?? What do I do?? Ack...

If you mean that one well I told someone I knew about how I can get like this when stuff happens and I don't get sad cuz of what happened, I get sad cuz you know it's a new situation and I don't know what I've got to do when the people that normally help me need help.

She said that I don't have to do big gestures and I could just like.. Make them a cup of tea and it would still help somewhat with their mood even if it doesn't seem to be a massive thing. So like. Little things. Make the dinner for the sad people or something.

If you meant in a different way like you're sad but like a numb sad then I don't really know other than to do things you enjoy which sounds stupid but it is a thing that can work but uhh yes talking to people does help bc they can offer solutions and sometimes it just feels good although not the process really but afterwards it does and that's worth it.